Tom Gulitti Appreciation Thread

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's bad enough Doc and Chico are gone, now this. I'm sad.

Hopefully I'm dead wrong on this, but I fear they won't go out of their way to get a decent replacement for The Record, if they even will at all. And the fact that the team hasn't been as competitive in the past few years is what leads me to think that might be what happens.

Didn't they stop covering the Rangers when they were not competitive, until they became a playoff team again? Though I'd think it's easier to cover the Devils, since it's a lot closer than and less of a hassle than crossing the Tappan Zee into Tarrytown New York, or the GW and tunnels into Manhattan.

Hopefully we get decent coverage though.

Something tells me they might have Andrew Gross fill in for the rest of the year, but I'm not sure how many of our games conflict with his Rangers schedule. You figure there's two more games and breakup day after Gulitti leaves. He said Tuesday is his last day.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Hopefully I'm dead wrong on this, but I fear they won't go out of their way to get a decent replacement for The Record, if they even will at all. And the fact that the team hasn't been as competitive in the past few years is what leads me to think that might be what happens.

Didn't they stop covering the Rangers when they were not competitive, until they became a playoff team again? Though I'd think it's easier to cover the Devils, since it's a lot closer than and less of a hassle than crossing the Tappan Zee into Tarrytown New York, or the GW and tunnels into Manhattan.

Hopefully we get decent coverage though.

Something tells me they might have Andrew Gross fill in for the rest of the year, but I'm not sure how many of our games conflict with his Rangers schedule. You figure there's two more games and breakup day after Gulitti leaves. He said Tuesday is his last day.

I think Gross filled in a few times when TG could provide his normal coverage.

He did say that the blog will still be there and that someone from The Record will take over.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's bad enough Doc and Chico are gone, now this. I'm sad.
Forgot to mention this earlier, but just be glad we have Chere, who predates all of them, as well as the Lou era.:sarcasm:
I think Gross filled in a few times when TG could provide his normal coverage.

He did say that the blog will still be there and that someone from The Record will take over.

That's good, I love reading old blogs in the archive from years ago, at times when I get bored.

I think one of the other writers actually was covering things a couple times for him. I believe he was the Giants writer for the Record. Not Arthur Staple (he's a beat guy for the Islanders) but his name was very close to Arthur Staple.

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
Learning of this is such a massive blow for us Devils fans overseas. Sitting here in Europe, TG and this board is basically the alpha and omega for information.

I truly wish TG the best and will actually read NHL.com now, looking for his work. But man, this is rough.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Posted in other thread, but we need to compile all of TGs finest moments and have a farewell TG thread for his last game on Tuesday.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Forgot to mention this earlier, but just be glad we have Chere, who predates all of them, as well as the Lou era.:sarcasm:

That's good, I love reading old blogs in the archive from years ago, at times when I get bored.

I think one of the other writers actually was covering things a couple times for him. I believe he was the Giants writer for the Record. Not Arthur Staple (he's a beat guy for the Islanders) but his name was very close to Arthur Staple.

https://twitter.com/art_stapleton

i get them confused a lot

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
TG really did a great job covering the Devils over the past few years. I really hope the guy who replaces him is good because I'll be damned if I have to follow Chere now.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Horrible news for Devils fans. I'd rather just not follow anyone than follow Chere, so I hope a competent replacement is found. There's no shortage of young journalists that would jump at the chance to cover this team and would work every bit as hard as TG without resorting to the crap Chere writes, just have to hope one of them has an impressive enough resume to get the job.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It's a shame for us, but glad to see he's gotten recognized to get a job on an even bigger platform. He certainly deserves it, you can tell how hard he works. I'll miss his blunt sarcasm very much.

All the best TG

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Chere has the Devils history and experience that TG lacked.

Experience does not necessarily make someone better. Chere has devolved into a journalist that tries to rely on catchy headlines. AKA he's become what 95% of journalism is nowadays. Guess I can't fault him for it, but when you compare his work to what TG would provide, it's not even a contest. TG was much, much better, especially once the blog got up and running.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad