Tom Gulitti Appreciation Thread

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
yes. we need a collection of snarky responses. i love TG when he gets like this.

the live tweets for the event he was doing were awesome too. really helps

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Gulitti v. Chere.

Gulitti: This is the trophy for winning 3v3 tournament
Chere: Did Shero dump Lamoriello's favorite trophy?

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
It is really ridiculous the amount of criticism TG gets on that blog. He's doing it as a service to Fans and all people can do is dump on him all the time. I think this appreciation thread is long overdue.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Funny **** aside, all you need to do is look at other beat writers.

Tom is one of the true pros. No cheap headlines, no misrepresentation, no melodramatic distortions. On those rare occasions where he does inject his opinion, it's pretty well-considered.

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
He's as dry as toast and I love it. If I could only follow one person on Twitter it'd probably be him.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
im sorry but its time.

lmao when I was reading that tweet I was thinking a thread was deserved too! TG is the man. I really feel he got the most of Lou as he could but with Shero in charge now the content we've been getting so far from TG has been awesome.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
haha oh man. speaking of hilarious tweets

chere has some interesting snark (?) of his own. the article headline he used reminded me of why i like writers like TG, with non-misleading headlines. not saying chere is misleading anyone w the title, but it's sneaky

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
He's great. And while many bag on the media in general, he does his job with distinction.

I wish I had a little more of his wit. It's fantabulous!

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
TG takes some crap at times for his love of that team in Blue across the Hudson but he really does a fantastic job covering the devils and accurately reporting on any team news. He doesn't get caught up in rumors or heresay nor does he throw out cheap click baiting headlines like Chere does.

I have to admit I hate posting on Fire and Ice - there just seem to be so mnay clueless readers that just post dumb questions or comments - or repeatedly ask him if training camp will be open to the public...I give him credit for putting up with the idiocy and love when he goes off with something snarky...

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I think he does a good job covering the team. I enjoy following his blog, though I don't post there because a lot of the comments and questions there are mind-boggling in a bad way.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think he does a good job covering the team. I enjoy following his blog, though I don't post there because a lot of the comments and questions there are mind-boggling in a bad way.
Haha it's entertaining though, the comments on there.

And I think he actually is one of the better beat people that covers a specific team in the league. Most of the other team's writers, don't have multiple blogs up per day during the regular season or prospect camp and UFA, draft, etc.

Usually just one blog to cover the day's events, are what the other people do.

I always said that about him, he's more in depth.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Haha it's entertaining though, the comments on there.

And I think he actually is one of the better beat people that covers a specific team in the league. Most of the other team's writers, don't have multiple blogs up per day during the regular season or prospect camp and UFA, draft, etc.

Usually just one blog to cover the day's events, are what the other people do.

I always said that about him, he's more in depth.

Yeah, it is impressive how often he will have multiple in-depth articles in one day.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Not gonna lie, wish we had another someone covering the team besides chere and tg.

I just wish we had someone that wasn't Chere. Czech pointed it out why TG beats Chere everytime.

Gulitti: This is the trophy for winning 3v3 tournament
Chere: Did Shero dump Lamoriello's favorite trophy?

One reports the facts. The other pointlessly stirs the **** for click bait.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Not gonna lie, wish we had another someone covering the team besides chere and tg.

i do too but thats because if Chere was actually a real beat reporter then we wouldn't be asking for another. the devils basically have one beat reporter and thats Tom Gulitti. chere is so bad at his job it irks me he hasn't been fired yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad