Tkachuk Spears Martin from the bench - Suspended 1 Game

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
actually, the video of matthew tkachuk launching an elbow into jeff carter's chin after you claimed he's never made a dangerous play shows that i have something.

If elbowing is now the bar for a dangerous play then likely at least 50% or more of the players out there have a history of dangerous plays.

pomx

May 15, 2014
I am relieved JB passed on this numb nuts. Character, he's got none.

ShotDownInFlames

May 16, 2015
ALBERTA
Someone is going to hurt him, the players have a way of working this out because the league won't.

Ya you'd think so but nobody has yet. And he doesn't shy away. In the Doughty situation the next game he knew he had to fight. Went after Muzzin who didn't want to so Mcnabb did and it was over and done with. Like everyone of these things should be ended

Reactions: Goalie guy

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Nothing unexpected from the little puke. He'll get filled in eventually. Maybe a superman punch from Bieksa will set him straight? ;)

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
The fact that you not only had to say this. But also repeat it is mind boggling.
this dude is an expert level deflector, no surprise he ignored it when i simplified to the point that he couldn't nitpick some other part of the comment.

i honestly can't imagine living a life with his level of general delusion.

Reactions: Fluke Schenn

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Hurt him why?

What has he done that is so egregious that he is going to get hurt?

Does that mean Dillon is going to get hurt? Gudas? I missed when Bertuzzi got hurt after coming back? Did McSorley get hurt?

What has Tkachuk done that is so bad that he is "going to get hurt"?
Playing like a ass and using his stick!!! Mcsorley never played again, Gudas is on every teams radar now as well as the league, Bert never ever hit anyone after that.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Sure I’d love him on my team, but karma will come calling eventually, happened to Cooke, Raffi Torres, Samuelsson, etc.

Kid has way too much talent to be looking at his third suspension in two seasons

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Love Tkachuks game. NHL cannot tolerate a cheap shot from the bench though. Technically (as in rulebook) it apparently is not as bad as the Detroit player returning to the ice to fight (10 games) but should be. I will guess 5 games.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Elbowing isn’t a dangerous play? You...you can’t be serious right?

Considering how often guys throw elbows I wouldn't consider it an overly dangerous play.

Certainly not something to give a guy a dirty rep or as mentioned at least half the league would be considered dirty.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
this dude is an expert level deflector, no surprise he ignored it when i simplified to the point that he couldn't nitpick some other part of the comment.

We have one of those TWS...... tons of fun. Although even that guy hasn’t justified attacking a mans groin

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Considering how often guys throw elbows I wouldn't consider it an overly dangerous play.

Certainly not something to give a guy a dirty rep or as mentioned at least half the league would be considered dirty.
love this "half the league" stuff

there's no way to prove or disprove it so you might as well just say 100% and cut the crap. you're just pulling a number out of your ass to suit your narrative, might as well make it as big as possible

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Lol at the numerous canucks fan saying they are happy Vancouver passed on him. Great player I’d love on the leafs. Needs to quit the bs or back it up, but with his talent he should just quit it but still be a physical player.

This was just a cowardly move more then anything

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
love this "half the league" stuff

there's no way to prove or disprove it so you might as well just say 100% and cut the crap. you're just pulling a number out of your ass to suit your narrative, might as well make it as big as possible

Except 50% is reasonable, if not on the low side, so no I am not making stuff up at all.

Again if that clip is your bar for a dirty play then that bar is way too low because there is nothing dirty about it at all.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I am relieved JB passed on this numb nuts. Character, he's got none.

JB is crying in his bed every night for that mistake

and you guys never employed assholes like Bieksa and Kesler

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

LOL

I didn't ignore anything. Keep living in your fantasy world.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Except 50% is reasonable, if not on the low side, so no I am not making stuff up at all.

Again if that clip is your bar for a dirty play then that bar is way too low because there is nothing dirty about it at all.
"reasonable" doesn't mean much coming from someone who thinks throwing an elbow at someone's chin is a safe hockey play.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
"reasonable" doesn't mean much coming from someone who thinks throwing an elbow at someone's chin is a safe hockey play.

Elbows to chins happen all the time. Hockey is a dangerous game I dont find that particularly dangerous.

High sticks can take out eyes I don't think every guy that highsticks someone is dirty or makes dangerous plays.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011

Sorry but this is a total straw man argument. Just because elbowing might be more common than other dirty plays doesn’t make it any less dangerous. You’re telling me a player who has injured players throwing elbows shouldn’t be considered a dirty player? I’m not talking about Tkachuk, just in general.

so in your opinion a sucker punch isn’t a dirty play because multiple players have thrown them?

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Elbows to chins happen all the time. Hockey is a dangerous game I dont find that particularly dangerous.

High sticks can take out eyes I don't think every guy that highsticks someone is dirty or makes dangerous plays.
see there's this thing called "intent" that makes this argument completely null

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad