Tkachuk Spears Martin from the bench - Suspended 1 Game

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If you can't tell the difference between this and Matt Cooke.... you either didn't watch the video or have no idea the things Matt Cooke has done.

Im sorry but the stuff he's pulling at age 19, i'd say he's definitely on pace to do Matt Cooke type of stuff, if not more unless someone gets into his head. This is where leadership is gonna have to come through from one of the Calgary veterans.

Dont get me wrong, I love players who play on the edge. Antoine Roussel is hated by many but one of the favorite players just based on how he gets under his opponents skin. I love rough stuff but the shit this kid is doing is just stupid

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
I like Matt Tkachuk, and initially wanted the Canucks to draft him, but he's developing a bad reputation which can lead to referee bias against the Flames. Ryan Kesler/Alex Burrows were similar players for the Canucks, and some nights there was a clear bias against the team b/c of them, so the Nucks are trying to get away from that type of player.

As for Olli Juolevi, he's doing well right now, and it's too early to judge whether he was the right pick w/ Clayton Keller & Mikhail Sergachev looking promising; Charlie McAvoy is doing well too, but I don't think he was on the Canucks radar at 5.
there as been no bias against tkachuk so far, his reputation is a shit disturber, you cant have the refs biased against you while drawing the 3rd most penalties while not taking much yourself (15 of his pim came in 1 game and he hasnt taken a minor in a month) he may have a reputation with the DPOS, so he might get suspended on nothing plays, the Detroit suspension was so bogus so thats the only reason i expect him to be suspended for this play too, another other player i expect a fine.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
People need to stop calling him a "pest" by this point. A pest doesnt get regularly get called into the league office for either fines or suspensions every 0ther week. The things he's doing are just plain stupid, not "pest" worthy.

There are actually pests in the league who are actually good at their job. Antoine Roussel (who I consider to be the best pest in the league) has played in the league for many years now and he's only been suspended 1 time.

Regularly called into the league office?

It's happened what once or twice? How is that regularly?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Regularly called into the league office?

It's happened what once or twice? How is that regularly?

Im going back to last year till now. Seems like he's under review for something on a weekly basis.

Atrusai

Oct 9, 2017
It almost looked like he thought no one would notice him doing it. Just an immature kid who will hopefully grow out of it and focus more on his natural skills.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Shouldn't get anything but because it's the Leafs and the league already gave him a BS suspension earlier I think he will get 10+ games.

If it were a Leaf doing that to him the Leaf gets squat.

No matter what he gets hard not to love this kid. Certainly a favourite player right there with Monahan.

Dont give me that BS! You poor guy with the "but but the league sides with Toronto" garbage. Thats not how it works but keep on looking bad.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Love watching that kid play hockey. I always watch to see what kind of antics he's going to have that night good stuff.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Sooner or later he's going to piss off the wrong guy and get handed a Landeskog times 10 in the kisser. That day I'll cry crocodile tears for him. I'd call him human trash, but let's not insult trash.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Not sure if any reasonable person even calls that a spear....nothing really. FYI I'm not Flames fan either

ThatHighGuy

Jul 11, 2014
Canaduh
This is the kind of thing I saw in him when I was partly happy the Canucks didn't draft him. Very talented player but something about him just rubbed me the wrong way, and my instincts were very much correct.
Yes I'm sure you're happy with Juolevi instead of Tkachuk :laugh:

Honestly though, the kid is a great player and I love having him on my team but he's gotta cut it down on the antics

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Tkachuk is decent at hockey but he has a bag of rocks for a brain.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Getting pretty sick of this spot picking coward instigating from beyond the barriers of play, spearing, and hiding.

Hope he gets a lengthy suspension, because that's two in short order, and one more than I can remember any NHL player ever getting.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Im sorry but the stuff he's pulling at age 19, i'd say he's definitely on pace to do Matt Cooke type of stuff, if not more unless someone gets into his head. This is where leadership is gonna have to come through from one of the Calgary veterans.

Dont get me wrong, I love players who play on the edge. Antoine Roussel is hated by many but one of the favorite players just based on how he gets under his opponents skin. I love rough stuff but the **** this kid is doing is just stupid
I'm sorry but the thing against Detroit and this do not equal Matt Cooke, this is more Marchand stuff. I have no issue with supplemental discipline for this incident, but let's not pretend like it was malicious or dangerous like Cooke was.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
He's reined it in a bit this year. Last season he had several dirty plays. Both his "spears" this year arent even worth discussion. Ive seen Ovechkin and Crosby do way dirtier things.

You can just go ahead and show everyone when Crosby and Ovechkin have done the garbage Tkachuk has while in the bench and we’ll be right there with you.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->