Tkachuk Spears Martin from the bench - Suspended 1 Game

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not a smart play by Tkachuk. No disagreement there. But was it intent to seriously injure. Absolutely not. More dumb than malicious intent here. Nothing to see here.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Considering the long history of rats that have played for the Canucks, that’s an odd take.
How so? Feel free to skip the part where you list all the bad things players have done in a Canucks uniform, I am familiar.

Does that disqualify me from commenting on another player who has also done such things? You have no clue what my feelings are on those players or actions, yet you judge my thoughts on the matter as if you do. THAT is an odd take.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
nah, they love it

that's why they're all ghosts in this thread

Seriously? This is what has everyone’s panties in a bunch? A poke to the back of a leg and a moving jab at a guy?

Jesus, this is the state of hockey? We need to birch and main about these “dirty” plays? Do you even know what a dirty play is? Go back 10 - 15 years and check it out.

p***yfication indeed.

He’s a shit disturber. He’s disturbing shit, big surprise. He isn’t taking peoples heads off. He’s taking them off their game.

This place is crazy at times.

McDavid can cross check him 4 times in a row in the numbers out of frustration and we don’t hear shit, not even a penalty. But we need a thread about mean ol’ Chuck??

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
How so? Feel free to skip the part where you list all the bad things players have done in a Canucks uniform, I am familiar.

Does that disqualify me from commenting on another player who has also done such things? You have no clue what my feelings are on those players or actions, yet you judge my thoughts on the matter as if you do. THAT is an odd take.

It’s odd because he isn’t out there to hurt anyone, like a few of your alumni, he’s just out there to get under your skin. Clearly he does it very well judging by his threads!!

And forgive me if I don’t believe you when you say you wouldn’t want him on your team. Every team wants him. Every single one.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Seriously? This is what has everyone’s panties in a bunch? A poke to the back of a leg and a moving jab at a guy?

Jesus, this is the state of hockey? We need to birch and main about these “dirty” plays? Do you even know what a dirty play is? Go back 10 - 15 years and check it out.

*****fication indeed.

He’s a **** disturber. He’s disturbing ****, big surprise. He isn’t taking peoples heads off. He’s taking them off their game.

This place is crazy at times.

McDavid can cross check him 4 times in a row in the numbers out of frustration and we don’t hear ****, not even a penalty. But we need a thread about mean ol’ Chuck??

uhh, from the bench? huge taboo. you learn that's a big taboo at 6 years old.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Not a smart play by Tkachuk. No disagreement there. But was it intent to seriously injure. Absolutely not. More dumb than malicious intent here. Nothing to see here.
how? he is being really dumb. You spear someone from the bench. Even a normal spear gets 5 and a game.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
It’s odd because he isn’t out there to hurt anyone, like a few of your alumni, he’s just out there to get under your skin. Clearly he does it very well judging by his threads!!

And forgive me if I don’t believe you when you say you wouldn’t want him on your team. Every team wants him. Every single one.
I'm confused. Do you love rats or not? You seem to be critical of me for cheering for a team that has employed them, as if that is a black mark on my ability comment on others. But on the other hand you praise Tkachuk for his ability to be a rat and get under peoples skin. Which is it?

I don't mind playing on the edge. But when you cross it multiple times, there will be consequences. Sometimes those consequences hurt your team and organization. I know what it's like to have a player on your team that you are a fan of, but are tired of defending their antics at times.

And I never said I wouldn't want him on my team. I said I was partially glad we didn't draft him, because I saw these kinds of things from him. Didn't think he'd be this good this early in the NHL though.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Gutless rat.

Surprised Burke sings his praise so much, considering he’s the embodiment of everything he used to rage about.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Seems like it's time for a wakeup call suspension for Tkachuk.

He's played just over 100 games in the NHL and this is what should be his 3rd suspension.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
62.1 Spearing – Spearing shall mean stabbing an opponent with the point of the stick blade, whether contact is made or not.
62.3 Major Penalty – A major penalty shall be imposed on a player who spears an opponent (see 62.5).
62.5 Game Misconduct Penalty – Whenever a major penalty is assessed for spearing, a game misconduct penalty must also be imposed.

Add that he's on the bench, and at the very least he's getting a fine.

giphy.webp

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad