OT: Ticket Thread - 2018/19 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm curious about the ticket window too. I always assumed that they were just selling the same "blue dot" primary tickets via TicketMaster's platform, but I guess the Garden could squirrel away a few tickets for sale themselves. Maybe you at least save on fees?

I know about 3-4 years ago, each game day at about 1 PM a bunch of last minute tickets would magically appear on TM, and they'd be discounted somewhat. I think they were probably the tickets available to players on both teams to buy if they wanted to give them to friends. I'm pretty sure the CBA actually mandates this.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
Anyone's Celtics tickets go up next year? My nosebleeds jumped to $32 per game. Still a no-brainer renewal though.

My $26 seats re going up to $43, $50 seats going up to $66, and $210 seats going up to $240. I'm assuming they are flagging reseller accounts for a bigger increase like the B's did. The cheap seats going up more than 50% is a bit ridiculous. But the margins will still be better then B's tickets probably.

Bruins781

Jul 31, 2012
My Loge 16 seats went from $85 to $96. I'm not a volume reseller by any means, but I wonder if like Looch I was flagged as such because I split the tickets with a buddy and transferred half the tickets for that reason alone.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
My Loge 16 seats went from $85 to $96. I'm not a volume reseller by any means, but I wonder if like Looch I was flagged as such because I split the tickets with a buddy and transferred half the tickets for that reason alone.

Did you get a higher price increase than others in your area. Curious if you did and that excessive ticket transfers, although not as a result of reselling, is the reason.

Bruins781

Jul 31, 2012
I just checked with my ticket rep. She said there was no reselling issue like with the Bruins. They did an average increase of 16% throughout the arena.

Interestingly she said they looked at secondary market resale prices and used that as a factor in determining the increase.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I just checked with my ticket rep. She said there was no reselling issue like with the Bruins. They did an average increase of 16% throughout the arena.

Interestingly she said they looked at secondary market resale prices and used that as a factor in determining the increase.

Not surprised I think teams in all sports are monitoring secondary market prices and using that info to set prices. Bruins have not raised prices in 2 years and now that the team is good I am expecting a big increase for next season.

RBurgundy

Oct 29, 2009
I'm almost hoping for a big increase from the Bruins, now that they are getting better I'm almost on the fence to renew... back before January I thought there was no way I'd renew haha. (obviously joking about wanting an increase)

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH

Who is your rep? I find that ironic cause I have exchanged a couple emails with Celtics employees who haven't exactly shared your reps opinion.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
So this is what, 41 regular season plus how many pre-season....2? 3?

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Based on the math, I'm guessing 3 pre-season.

We went from $53 - $57.

JWMGT90

May 6, 2010
Sec 315 went from $64 to $70. This gets tougher every year. I became a STH in 2010 with prices $32 per seat.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Mine went up like 6$ a seat I think from 64 to 70 for center ice balcony... I resold probably 4 times all year... I miss sub $50 tickets

Last edited:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
When we bought our first full season in 08-09, tickets were $26/seat.

Twenty-Six American dollars.

fighterfoo

Time for a change.
Nov 29, 2005
Manchester, NH
Same.
When we bought our first full season in 08-09, tickets were $26/seat.

Twenty-Six American dollars.

Same! I took a look at the playoff strips from our Stanley Cup run and first round was $36 -- SCF was $104/ticket.

$104 doesn't even cover some mid-week regular season games now.

MrMars

May 26, 2006
$129 for first round playoffs on a $92 regular season ticket is insane, I also recall first round was generally a couple bucks more but close enough to the regular season price.

Guess Jacobs needs to make up for all the money he did not make missing the playoffs all those years and only going one round last season.

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
Just got my Bruins renewal offer. Increase of 9.3% ($75 to $82) for Sec 315. Considering how often I can't even get my cost back when I can't go I'm going to have to think about this.

Keep in mind my current price of $75 isn't because I sell tickets it's because of I'd STs for less time than some of my neighbors.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Bruins are pissing me off....I am still livid about having to pay full price for 3 preseason games and now with the no PDF rule its tough to resell tickets on the occasion you cant make a game. Frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad