OT: Ticket Thread - 2018/19 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Bruins are pissing me off....I am still livid about having to pay full price for 3 preseason games and now with the no PDF rule its tough to resell tickets on the occasion you cant make a game. Frustrating.

I've gotten over the PDF thing. On occasions we've had to sell on the secondary market and not to friends/family, StubHub has made it easy to transfer tickets, so long as you go through the verification process. We've had a few situations where the buyers weren't tech savvy (read: they were f***ing idiots) and couldn't figure out how to claim the tickets from the link we sent. StubHub played the middle man in those scenarios and helped the buyer figure it out. Yes, it's annoying on the occasions that the buyer can't figure it out and we need to engage in a little back and forth but it's always worked out.

If it cuts down on fraudulent tickets, it doesn't really bother me.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I've gotten over the PDF thing. On occasions we've had to sell on the secondary market and not to friends/family, StubHub has made it easy to transfer tickets, so long as you go through the verification process. We've had a few situations where the buyers weren't tech savvy (read: they were ****ing idiots) and couldn't figure out how to claim the tickets from the link we sent. StubHub played the middle man in those scenarios and helped the buyer figure it out. Yes, it's annoying on the occasions that the buyer can't figure it out and we need to engage in a little back and forth but it's always worked out.

If it cuts down on fraudulent tickets, it doesn't really bother me.

You really shouldn't sell tickets to Habs and Flyers fans

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Boston Bruins announced today that current Season Ticket Holders (who hold season tickets for personal use) are now able to renew their Season Tickets for the 2018-2019 NHL Season. After seeing no price increase for the past two Bruins seasons, this group will see a blended average increase of 7% in their prices for the 2018-19 as compared to the 2017-18 prices. Our pricing strategy continues to offer our most committed fan base the greatest savings, pricing which is on average 47% below single game box office pricing.

A range of Season Ticket Holder renewal prices are as follows:

Loge Seat: $98-$164 per game
Balcony Seat: $52-$113 per game

Bruins Season Ticket Holders will receive an email today, Wednesday, February 21, 2018, which will include renewal information for the 2018-2019 NHL Season as well as playoff ticket information for the 2018 NHL Playoffs.

Fans interested in learning more about Boston Bruins players, or ticket options, should visit the team website at www.bostonbruins.com or call 617-624-BEAR.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I have to say....despite the cost of my tickets more than doubling in the past 10 years, based on the price ranges for STH and box office prices, my seats still have incredible value.

Row 3 balcony, aisle, on the end (which I prefer to center ice, it's not like watching a ping pong game).

Reactions: Fenway

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
Couple of things based on the last couple comments:

1. I get the PDF thing. That's not the Bruins, many organizations across multiple sports are doing this. The ticket link does greatly increase security so I'm for this.

2. The Bruins need to remove the restriction with Ticket Master on how low you can price your tickets when you can't go, especially last minute. Let's be honest, when I can't go to the Avalanche game on a Tuesday night in October I'm not getting face value for them. Let me sell them for $25 each.

3. It's not the StubHub buyers. StubHub has a recent issue where they're sending Buyers the incorrect email. They're sending the email to the Buyer as if you copied in their email address and not the URL in the confirmation field. I've been in communication with StubHub regarding this.

4. Philly fans...my head now hurts... Still not over two weeks ago...

Reactions: Kate08

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Your 2018 Stanley Cup® Playoff Pricing:
Playoff Pricing Round 1 $71 Round 2 $107 Round 3 $142 Round 4 $178 Strip Price $1,992

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Couple of things based on the last couple comments:

1. I get the PDF thing. That's not the Bruins, many organizations across multiple sports are doing this. The ticket link does greatly increase security so I'm for this.

2. The Bruins need to remove the restriction with Ticket Master on how low you can price your tickets when you can't go, especially last minute. Let's be honest, when I can't go to the Avalanche game on a Tuesday night in October I'm not getting face value for them. Let me sell them for $25 each.

3. It's not the StubHub buyers. StubHub has a recent issue where they're sending Buyers the incorrect email. They're sending the email to the Buyer as if you copied in their email address and not the URL in the confirmation field. I've been in communication with StubHub regarding this.

4. Philly fans...my head now hurts... Still not over two weeks ago...

In our situation, it has been the buyers. We have sent the link directly, and they still can't figure it out.

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
Our pricing strategy continues to offer our most committed fan base the greatest savings, pricing which is on average 47% below single game box office pricing.

Now that's some great marketing by the B's. Who in their right mind is buying my ticket at the box office for $140? People don't spend that when the Habs, Leafs, Rangers, etc. come to town to sit in my seats.

Reactions: Fenway

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
We have sent the link directly, and they still can't figure it out.

Ok, I agree. I had that happen twice. The worst was the person claimed them then blamed me when they couldn't get into their TicketMaster account. I bent over backwards to get the person sorted out.

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
Row 3 balcony, aisle, on the end

I agree, those are great seats. I'd move out of Center Balcony if I could get something a few rows lower on the end. The only bad part there is I've been told I'd have to pay the price of a "new STH" because I'd be "downgrading my seats." My rep agrees I'd be bettering my view, but it's how the system sees it.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Ok, I agree. I had that happen twice. The worst was the person claimed them then blamed me when they couldn't get into their TicketMaster account. I bent over backwards to get the person sorted out.

We've done the same. That's one thing that I don't like about the new system, it's not as idiot-proof as the PDFs. It's more work to sell them because you never know if someone who buys is going to understand the system. My husband has been on the phone with StubHub at 9:30 at night trying to verify information with them because whoever bought the tickets was saying we were screwing them.

Actually, we have a pristine record with both StubHub and the Bruins because we aren't scumbags, so chill, random idiot buyer. Chill.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
After 2 years of no price increases I knew that we were going to get porked this time around. Tough to take but with a good team now it is hard to give them up. But there is no way that the average weeknight crap game is going to bring back our face value when selling.

I'm over $100 per ticket now in a high row Loge shoot 2x end. I think lower rows are a higher price point so yikes for them and side Loges must be ridiculous now (our poor Ladyfan won't be happy).

Last edited:

slim04

All Things Boston
Mar 11, 2011
Connecticut
After 2 years of no price increases I knew that we were going to get porked this time around. Tough to take but with a good team now it is hard to give them up. But there is no way that the average weeknight crap game is going to bring back our face value when selling.

Also agreed, it's why I'm not losing my mind over the increase, but I do have to think about it. $7k is a lot of money. If I knew I could at least break even when I can't go it'd be different, but with the Celtics being good as well the appetite just isn't there with people.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
My tickets in 304 went up from $58 to $61 - that's 5%. It's not awful, considering that I'm in a low row, and it's only been my first year. I'm tracking ticket pricing for this year, and the minimum "get-in" price would $95 more for the full year...but every seat I purchase would be worse than my current seat, and that doesn't include STH perks (pics with Rask and the gang, scarf, tshirt, etc.) That $95 could fall if the late March/early April games turn into Providence Bruins games due to being ahead in the standings, but it'd easily be balanced out by the playoffs.

The puffery with the "single game pricing" is absolutely ridiculous - they say my seat's worth $120. Maybe for Black Friday and Original Five (sorry, Detroit) might come close to $100, but that's laughable. I'm saving money, but nowhere near 50%.

As far as playoffs go...shouldn't they be more than even the most expensive regular season game? Sorry, I hate the Habs as much as anyone here, but I'd take the first playoff game in April over a the upcoming Habs game in a couple of weeks. My seat's going for 72-108-144-180, which seems like a huge bargain for the SCF. If we play the Leafs, I'd think the resale market would be pretty good. But according to Sports Club Stats, if we make it into first, we're likely to play CBJ, NYI, CAR, NJD, or FLA...which all feel like terrible matchups.

Looch

B's, C's, Sox & Pats
Jun 22, 2009
Gilford, NH
How can you see the breakdown of playoff pricing each round? Thanks

My email doesn't show it. It looks like one of my non flagged accounts was flagged. If they flagged the account and you got this email, it doesn't show playoff pricing round by round. I emailed my rep and he said "you should receive and update shortly". "Shortly" is obviously a relative term.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 7.53.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 7.53.06 PM.png
    494.7 KB · Views: 35

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Your 2018 Stanley Cup® Playoff Pricing:
Playoff Pricing Round 1 $71 Round 2 $107 Round 3 $142 Round 4 $178 Strip Price $1,992
If they aren't winning Cup I'll take a 7 game loss in round 2

No need to get my hopes up

Besides my vision had them winning Cup in 2020 and I'm in person at it so let's hook up Fenway and reminisce about how good the Bruins would have been had Ted Green not been clubbed by Wayne Maki

RBurgundy

Oct 29, 2009
Does anyone have any idea how much the WC tickets will be worth that you can potentially get if you renew early?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Does anyone have any idea how much the WC tickets will be worth that you can potentially get if you renew early?

No idea. Not sure it's a great deal, but who knows. The WC is about an hour and a half from United Center, but I don't know if that's a huge deal-breaker for folks in Chicago. Gillette's an hour from the Garden, but I think they sold out fairly quickly.

There is the fatigue issue: this will be the 6th outdoor game for the Hawks, and the 3rd for the Bruins. (Excluding a game in 1956 for the Bs.) Bruins fans travel well, but will they want to go to South Bend? The MTL to BOS travel a couple years ago was much easier.

I know the WC tickets the Bruins offered two years ago were a very good deal....I got them with the idea that, worst case scenario, I'd drag myself to the game. I'm glad the best case scenario happened. I have no idea how much they'll cost next year, or if it's going to be low enough to make it worth buying.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008

If you are thinking about resale then WC tickets will not be worth much (my opinion). South Bend is about 2 hours from Chicago. Blackhawks are on a down slide and they have been in 6 outdoor games already so the novelty has worn off for Blackhawks fans. No direct way to get to South Bend from Boston so Bruins fans have to fly through Chicago or fly into Chicago and then drive to South Bend. And there is not much to do in the South Bend area. I would not buy any extra WC tickets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad