OT: Ticket Thread - 2018/19 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Because of negative feedback the Bruins will once again allow paper tickets for 2018-19 season.

But...but...but...how on earth will they combat all the fraudulent paper tickets out there? :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

I've noticed a few oddities at the Garden - I have no idea where people get them, but every once in awhile I see a GIANT printout of a QR code on a piece of paper. They're inside the Garden, so I assume it's valid. :dunno:

I like the change...yes, it makes it easier to sell on StubHub, which is what the Bruins don't want. But if they're bumping up the price for STHs by 7% on average, it's not a big ask.

One thing I've always wondered - what if you get in, make a real ass of yourself, get thrown out, and they ask to see your ticket to verify that you were sitting, and to possibly flag whoever gave you the ticket? If it's on your phone, and you know you're prone to shenanigans, you could just drain your cell phone. If you're using a friend's season tickets, it could potentially keep them out of trouble. A paper trail is nice to have to ensure the Garden knows who's sitting where, and who originally bought your ticket.

Also of note - anyone know what's up with Red Sox Replay now that it seems to be dead? Are they now going to StubHub 100% of the time now, like they were 3 years or so ago? My dad had hard tickets a few years back that he couldn't use, and I used to be able to type in the ticket's bar code on StubHub to sell them, because StubHub was the official resale market of the Sox. With Replay for the past 2 years, they cut that off...but is this StubHub method of sale back?

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Also of note - anyone know what's up with Red Sox Replay now that it seems to be dead? Are they now going to StubHub 100% of the time now, like they were 3 years or so ago? My dad had hard tickets a few years back that he couldn't use, and I used to be able to type in the ticket's bar code on StubHub to sell them, because StubHub was the official resale market of the Sox. With Replay for the past 2 years, they cut that off...but is this StubHub method of sale back?

Based on STH feedback the Red Sox scrapped Replay and are back to an exclusive StubHub partnership.

Reactions: talkinaway

JWMGT90

May 6, 2010
Does anybody plan on not renewing? This is the most I haves questioned to renew in the last 8 years.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Does anybody plan on not renewing? This is the most I haves questioned to renew in the last 8 years.

The price hike is a tough one. But this is a good team that is at the beginning of multiple years of cup contention. So not the time to give up ST unless you financially can't do it.

Taymite

Jan 18, 2018
Traveling down from Canada still looking for a single ticket somewhere in the building for Sat. Hawks game.

RBurgundy

Oct 29, 2009
I happened to be at the Garden today so out of curiosity I asked them if they had tickets for tomorrow and what the cheapest was. They had them in the sections behind the net for $89 each. I didn't ask about any other games. I should have asked about this Saturday.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
The market for Saturday is insane.
Thanks for reminding me I needed to grab my Flyers Easter tix before this week’s game. Not like the $25 tix that were avail last time they were in Philly!

ETA: I spent $330 total for 2 club box aisle seats with $25 concession credit on each and parking pass. Defrayed cost with Christmas gift card from my nephew. Not too shabby.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
That moment where you finally decide to go for it and put your name on the waitlist... only to realize it could be forever before you actually get to buy them. Still. Excited I just paid $200 for... wait. Nothing? Shoot.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
That moment where you finally decide to go for it and put your name on the waitlist... only to realize it could be forever before you actually get to buy them. Still. Excited I just paid $200 for... wait. Nothing? Shoot.

I have to admit - they make the waitlist seem a lot more "fun" than it really is, with all the supposed perks. IIRC, I could buy tickets to individual games and the first round of playoffs before the public could...but still at (or very close to) the same bloated single game "blue dot" price. Not worth it at all. That said, the price this year for STH tickets seems to be worth it, when you compare tickets on secondary markets...so once you get in, hopefully you'll be happy.

You do get a rep, though...and while your mileage may vary, mine have been pretty damn good. No guarantees, but if you see/hear of some small minor events that involve all STHs (like the jersey reveal party in Seaport 2 years back), a rep may be able to toss you a ticket as a "thank you for your patience".

Reactions: wintersej

LucicIsABeast

Dec 7, 2008
Lville IL
So my rep has recently left and I've fallen off a bit this couple of months due to tax season. Will a new rep reach out to me or is there a generic email I can send out to. (I am also on the waiting list so wanted to confirm with them I am still on it)

BruinsPats8620

Aug 14, 2017
Late, but me and my girlfriend can't go today. Two tickets for 120 toal (60 a piece) balcony 315 row 15. Will transfer through my season ticket account. Paypal or Venmo fine.

Edit - sold on ticket master.

Last edited:

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Bruins tickets are way too expensive. Jacobs has to realize that.
I don’t think there is a problem with them selling, so I doubt he- being Jeremy Jacobs - is going to be lowering them any time soon.

It’s unfortunate because I remember back in 2007 and 2008 I could get tickets for $5 in the balcony.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Bruins tickets are way too expensive. Jacobs has to realize that.

This would be a problem if the Bruins were failing financially, or if NHL hockey were a basic human need. Unfortunately for those who want to go, neither is the case. The arena's never going to look or even actually be 100% full, especially the club seats, which I think are considered "premium" and don't have to be sold to be considered a "sellout". But from what I've noticed, it's pretty packed on the weekends. An occasional weekday clunker happens where there are empty seats, but if JJ's happy with the bottom line....*shrug*

Yes, the tickets are expensive - they're way more than they were before the two SCF appearances. If you plan and modify expectations, you can get a decent deal; $50-$60 (with fees) for seats in the balcony on the secondary market wasn't unheard of for October weekday Western Conference games. But, no, you're not going to get O6 games on a Saturday at that price....it's more expensive than a $15 3D movie, but it's twice as long and it's live.

There are alternatives. IIRC, you can't pay more than $35 a ticket to a Providence Bruins single game, and you can get 6 tickets (2 regular, 4 flex) for $75. If you want to support women's hockey, there's the Boston Pride. College hockey's all over the place in Boston. No, it's not NHL hockey, but you can still have a pretty good time.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
This would be a problem if the Bruins were failing financially, or if NHL hockey were a basic human need. Unfortunately for those who want to go, neither is the case. The arena's never going to look or even actually be 100% full, especially the club seats, which I think are considered "premium" and don't have to be sold to be considered a "sellout". But from what I've noticed, it's pretty packed on the weekends. An occasional weekday clunker happens where there are empty seats, but if JJ's happy with the bottom line....*shrug*

Yes, the tickets are expensive - they're way more than they were before the two SCF appearances. If you plan and modify expectations, you can get a decent deal; $50-$60 (with fees) for seats in the balcony on the secondary market wasn't unheard of for October weekday Western Conference games. But, no, you're not going to get O6 games on a Saturday at that price....it's more expensive than a $15 3D movie, but it's twice as long and it's live.

There are alternatives. IIRC, you can't pay more than $35 a ticket to a Providence Bruins single game, and you can get 6 tickets (2 regular, 4 flex) for $75. If you want to support women's hockey, there's the Boston Pride. College hockey's all over the place in Boston. No, it's not NHL hockey, but you can still have a pretty good time.

The fear I have is Jacobs being content with only making the playoffs, not necessarily being a cup contender, and milking the cow for all it's worth.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
marchand finished his last 29 games last season down the stretch with 22 goals/18 assist for 40 points... and now in his first 53 games this year he has 29 goals and 40 assists for 69 points

that means in his last 82 games he has 51 goals and 58 assists for 109 points... he is now the best player in the world over the past year

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
is anyone else seeing their invoices still as outstanding/pending in account manager, even after renewing?

Yup, both of my invoices (2018 playoff and 2018-9 season) are still outstanding. I'm on the 10 (12? 9? 8?) month plan for the regular season, and pay-as-we-play for the playoffs, and they both still show as outstanding even though I renewed them awhile back - I imagine because I still have to actually finish paying for both of them. If you paid in full, maybe it should have vanished, but I wouldn't freak out just yet.

Another way to check - I just got my first charge for 2018-9 today that popped up as a notice from my credit card company on my phone. If you paid via credit card and you have access to your CC statement online, you might check that they charged you for something, since I think today's the day they said the first payment would be taken.

sisu

Jun 2, 2008
boston, ma
yeah fair enough - i see that charge, so for next year i'm good. i'm more curious about the playoff tickets i suppose. but my rep has confirmed via email that i'm all set.

still, glad to hear it looks the same on your end as well - thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad