OT: Ticket Exchange Thread..read instructions (post #1) carefully

The Phillips Point

Mar 17, 2014
Hi guys,
Sens fan coming in peace...!

My brother and I are heading out to Toronto April 4-6 weekend and are looking at going to the Leafs vs Jets game on the Saturday night.

We have been checking stubhub regularly but the prices for actual seats seem quite high, but I guess that is to be expected. They are selling in the area of $170 USD per ticket in the 300LVL. We're not opposed to paying that, but would like to get the prices down a little first.

There are however "standing only, no alcohol" tickets available from $110 per, which we are considering as well. My question to you guys is, how are those tickets? Is the view obstructed in any way? Is it crowded and cramped with 50+ people standing together?

Alternately does anyone know where we can buy tickets elsewhere?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Hi guys,
Sens fan coming in peace...!

My brother and I are heading out to Toronto April 4-6 weekend and are looking at going to the Leafs vs Jets game on the Saturday night.

We have been checking stubhub regularly but the prices for actual seats seem quite high, but I guess that is to be expected. They are selling in the area of $170 USD per ticket in the 300LVL. We're not opposed to paying that, but would like to get the prices down a little first.

There are however "standing only, no alcohol" tickets available from $110 per, which we are considering as well. My question to you guys is, how are those tickets? Is the view obstructed in any way? Is it crowded and cramped with 50+ people standing together?

Alternately does anyone know where we can buy tickets elsewhere?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

I've never been all the way up there, but I can't imagine it's a great experience. You're literally behind the press box -- it doesn't get any further away. I'd easily spend $60 more per ticket to have an actual seat.

As for finding a better price, if there was a magic solution to find cheaper tickets, that solution wouldn't exist. Basically, you could go on Kijiji (where you have to instill a certain level of trust), or do a walk-up and buy from a Scalper. If you wait until a few minutes after the game starts, the Scalpers will begin to discount whatever tickets they have left.

yideboit

Aug 5, 2010
I've never been all the way up there, but I can't imagine it's a great experience. You're literally behind the press box -- it doesn't get any further away. I'd easily spend $60 more per ticket to have an actual seat.

As for finding a better price, if there was a magic solution to find cheaper tickets, that solution wouldn't exist. Basically, you could go on Kijiji (where you have to instill a certain level of trust), or do a walk-up and buy from a Scalper. If you wait until a few minutes after the game starts, the Scalpers will begin to discount whatever tickets they have left.

never had standing room. is that what youre referring to here?

i've SAT in many places myself and the best place to sit in my opinion is upper bowl in the 1-12 rows back type area somewhere between the ends (off the curves i guess?) best view ... no obstructions that ive seen

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
never had standing room. is that what youre referring to here?

i've SAT in many places myself and the best place to sit in my opinion is upper bowl in the 1-12 rows back type area somewhere between the ends (off the curves i guess?) best view ... no obstructions that ive seen

Yeah, the upper bowl is good, and I agree, you want to be within the first 10-15 rows of the upper bowl.

Standing room is way too far back IMO.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah, the upper bowl is good, and I agree, you want to be within the first 10-15 rows of the upper bowl.

Standing room is way too far back IMO.

There's only 17 rows in the upper bowl as it is. There truly isn't a bad seat in the ACC, save for the small handful of seats that explicitly say "obstructed view" on them.

As for the OP from Ottawa, your best bet is stubhub. Wait until 2-3 days before gameday when sellers reduce prices to sell. I have done this on more than one occasion and you can often go from a ticket that is marked up 30-40% and get something that is only 5-10% above FV, which in Toronto is very good value. E-tickets are key as they are instantly delivered.

Going to scalpers is playing with fire, and if like me you're about enjoying the experience rather than just seeing the game, you're not going to want to wait until 5-10 mins into the game to purchase tickets just to save $30-40.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
There's only 17 rows in the upper bowl as it is. There truly isn't a bad seat in the ACC, save for the small handful of seats that explicitly say "obstructed view" on them.

As for the OP from Ottawa, your best bet is stubhub. Wait until 2-3 days before gameday when sellers reduce prices to sell. I have done this on more than one occasion and you can often go from a ticket that is marked up 30-40% and get something that is only 5-10% above FV, which in Toronto is very good value. E-tickets are key as they are instantly delivered.

Going to scalpers is playing with fire, and if like me you're about enjoying the experience rather than just seeing the game, you're not going to want to wait until 5-10 mins into the game to purchase tickets just to save $30-40.

18 rows with row 19 being Standing Room. These are the only two rows that you can't see the entire scoreboard.

i love jonas hoglund

Apr 4, 2014
I have a pair of platinum tickets to the leafs and jets tomorrow, section 118 row 9 seats 5&6. looking to sell for face value, which is $260 per ticket.

Leafs16

Oct 29, 2016
Toronto
Asking STHs - how do you sell & price tickets you're not using?

Hi! I have season tickets for the Leafs games this year, for the first time!

I have purples near the edge of balcony centre & balcony goal, so the face value is fairly low, relatively speaking. I plan to go to 10-15 games, and sell the other 25-30 games.

I was wondering how other season ticket holders sell their tickets (family, friends, kijiji, StubHub, etc).
Do you like StubHub, Ticketmaster Exchange or another site best for selling tickets & why?

I would love to get your advice and hear about your experiences.
As well, any advice you would have for a new season ticket holder would be much appreciated!!

I have got to know my season seat neighbours -they're a nice bunch.

Thanks so much!!

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014

I have purples near the edge of balcony centre & balcony goal, so the face value is fairly low, relatively speaking. I plan to go to 10-15 games, and sell the other 25-30 games.

I was wondering how other season ticket holders sell their tickets (family, friends, kijiji, StubHub, etc).
Do you like StubHub, Ticketmaster Exchange or another site best for selling tickets & why?

As well, any advice you would have for a new season ticket holder would be much appreciated!!

Thanks so much!!

There is a thread where you can post your leafs tickets...but i think you have to sell them face value. What games do you have available?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

Thanks so much!!

I sell on Stubhub. You get paid in US dollars and they take care of everything for you. I look at what similar seats are selling for and price accordingly

BooRadley

Aug 7, 2007
Look into uberseat.com too (note, I'm not a ticket holder, but this is where I go to avoid those large transaction fees just before checkout).

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I sell on Stubhub. You get paid in US dollars and they take care of everything for you. I look at what similar seats are selling for and price accordingly

Do they go unsold very often? Is there a point in time where you have to pull them? Do you still get charged for listing them if you decide to keep them.

doorman

Nov 8, 2012
Thunder Bay

Thanks so much!!

What section and row, I am looking for tickets Feb 18th Sens vs Leafs, willing to pay a fair price.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Do they go unsold very often? Is there a point in time where you have to pull them? Do you still get charged for listing them if you decide to keep them.

Only once, last week against Tampa. I believe the sale expires 5 days before the game if you have hard tickets, PDF's are available until puck drop.
You can pull them off anytime without charge, once sold you have to provide them though. You can't change your mind.

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
I take each of my kids to a Saturday night game each, sell others for regular price to co-workers, and if there are any left, Kijiji for market value.
I've never tried Stubhub. Sounds interesting, and simple.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Where is the ticket thread? Used to be pinned, and now it's gone. Bought a few times off people on there, no issues.

Don't trust stubhub after spending $200 on fake concert tickets for my daughter. Got it back, but it was a pain and she never got to see the concert.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
StubHub is a rip-off. Sellers put tickets up for above face value in USD. Makes getting tickets a *****y experience. Canadian sales should be in CAD.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
I think you're making a mistake if you're not selling on Stub Hub. I have a couple friends who devote a lot of free time to reselling tickets on there and they both earn an extra $1000-2000 CAD per month of pure profit.

They literally laugh at all the morons who consistently buy tickets at 100% markups. It's disgusting.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Ticketmaster is the same as StubHub only in Canadian dollars , by the time I paid the darn fees my annual Leafs at vancouver seats cost $600 for a pair , Ice level behind the net the Leafs shoot at twice , to the right of the Zamboni tunnel , StubHub had four on the rail in the same corner for $150US each but as soon as I tried to buy all four of them they were gone and instantly two of them came back up at $350US each . Something fishy going on there for sure .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad