This team needs a shakeup. What do you do?

What do you to this team after losing to the Kings when leading by 3 goals in the third period?

• Take the captaincy away from Boone Jenner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
1. promote the face of the franchise Rick Nash into as General manager and listen to offers it won't hurt and leave some players as untouchables.
Yeah because that couldn't lead to any possible issues in the future. Can't tell if you're forgetting the :sarcasm: or not.

joybang

Apr 5, 2021
Tbh if/when they clear out the front office I would prefer they bring in people from outside the organization. A completely different viewpoint is needed to move the team forward. Jarmo seems like a GM who is capable in so far as acquiring talent and picks, but doesn’t excel at the final touches of roster fit and finish. It’s fair to say he’s restocked the team after some trade demands and FA departures but I don’t have much faith he can take that and make the moves necessary to make it a cohesive unit.

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Dont like former stars and popular players coming back to leadership roles. Often too painful and too ugly. I want to wring the CBJ history out of the organization because its mostly forgettable...

Reactions: Jovavic and koteka

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Johnny go before he tanks his value anymore. I never felt like he was here for the long term anyway.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
I mean if he reaches that level why would we be worried about it? Id imagine he takes over Roslovics deal in that scenario on a short to medium term, probably be tense negotiations on that one.

With Bean, Roslovic, Bemstrom and Martin all having contracts up alkng with our current space we will have 10mil to work with if nothing changes. There will likely be more moves though and of course cap going up and the $ from the RFA deals currently. Also if they cant move Peeke and buy him out his deal would be 900k for 4 years, could also be an option
Is it just me or are the tense negotiations mostly a Jarmo thing? IMO, Jarmo is done and should not be permitted to make any significant roster decisions, as this is not his team in the future.

My post is not intended to be critical of your post. Just that your post highlights for me this point: MOST players (with a few exceptions) should fit a certain salary slot (tight range) that is set by comps across the NHL. It isn't always easy, but Jarmo seems to make it harder than it is with most RFAs, partly because he overpays certain vets without much negotiation (e.g. Laine, Gudbranson (although I like Guddy the player for the intended role, just don't like the contract), etc. It's almost as if Jarmo feels compelled to use the "hammer" when he has it, because he is so generous when he doesn't have the hammer. And to "broadcast" that concept through the media is just dumb-founding.

But I don't want to focus on perceived bad contracts -- that isn't my primary point here. My focus is on bad negotiations with RFAs, which seem to backfire on this club. Professional, quiet, off-the-radar negotiations are the norm for the top-tier teams. Good Lord, Boston's players historically have convinced themselves AS A GROUP to take lower than market salaries in order to stay together and give themselves a better shot at the Cup. They do it mostly without fanfare and a contract gets announced as if a matter-of-fact when complete. JK gives out contracts to vets here in excess of what Pasta, Marchand, etc. receive. I had and have no issue with many of JK's decisions as to Bobrovksy (although not an RFA), Anderson, etc. Just do it quietly and not in the media. You win on the ice in this industry, not on paper, not at the draft table, and not in the boardroom.

Last edited:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I think that one of the critical points that is being overlooked is "how does McConnell go about "cleaning house"? I am not aware of McConnell having any deep contacts within the NHL to help him effectively "clean house". By that I mean, bringing in a new management team that will be an improvement over what is currently in place. Who would choose who the new President and GM will be?

My suggestion is that perhaps management could discretely retain Hitchcock as a "Ownership consultant" to direct the search for the new President and the new GM.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Is it just me or are the tense negotiations mostly a Jarmo thing? IMO, Jarmo is done and should not be permitted to make any signficant roster decisions, as this is not his team in the future.

My post is not intended to be critical of your post. Just that your post highlights for me this point: MOST players (with a few exceptions) should fit a certain salary slot (tight range) that is set by comps across the NHL. It isn't always easy, but Jarmo seems to make it harder than it is with most RFAs, partly because he overpays certain vets without much negotiation (e.g. Laine, Gudbranson (although I like Guddy the player for the intended role, just don't like the contract), etc. It's almost as if Jarmo feels compelled to use the "hammer" when he has it, because he is so generous when he doesn't have the hammer. And to "broadcast" that concept through the media is just dumb-founding.

But I don't want to focus on perceived bad contracts -- that isn't my primary point here. My focus is on bad negotiations with RFAs, which seem to backfire on this club. Professional, quiet, off-the-radar negotiations are the norm for the top-tier teams. Good Lord, Boston's players historically have convinced themselves AS A GROUP to take lower than market salaries in order to stay together and give themselves a better shot at the Cup. They do it mostly without fanfare and a contract gets announced as if a matter-of-fact when complete. JK gives out contracts to vets here in excess of what Pasta, Marchand, etc. receive. I had and have no issue with many of JK's decisions as to Bobrovksy (although not an RFA), Anderson, etc. Just do it quietly and not in the media. You win on the ice in this industry, not on paper, not at the draft table, and not in the boardroom.
I believe Zito was the one in charge during majority of those contract negotiations

Zito, who will turn 56 on Sept. 16, took on a number of roles upon his arrival in Columbus. He negotiated contracts, including some tough ones that left a few marks, helped chart the Jackets’ plan to stay under the NHL’s salary cap and constructed the roster for the Cleveland Monsters - the team’s affiliate in the American Hockey League.

Seems the "tough on contracts" attitude hasn't been the same over the last few seasons, whether that's been because of them learning from their past/not having as many kids on RFA to UFA type deals, personnel changes or another unknown factor, I'm not sure..

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think that one of the critical points that is being overlooked is "how does McConnell go about "cleaning house"? I am not aware of McConnell having any deep contacts within the NHL to help him effectively "clean house". By that I mean, bringing in a new management team that will be an improvement over what is currently in place. Who would choose who the new President and GM will be?

My suggestion is that perhaps management could discretely retain Hitchcock as a "Ownership consultant" to direct the search for the new President and the new GM.

Perhaps McConell is discrete with his connections.

Hitchcock's most recent contribution was pushing for the Jackets to hire Babcock.

Seems the "tough on contracts" attitude hasn't been the same over the last few seasons, whether that's been because of them learning from their past/not having as many kids on RFA to UFA type deals, personnel changes or another unknown factor, I'm not sure..

We have so many RFAs richly rewarded, that all this "hammer" talk feels like ancient history.

Reactions: joybang and CBJx614

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
If Rick Nash wants to be some sort of team ambassador type figurehead, I am ok with that. He can do things like represent the team at the draft lottery. But he should be kept out of the room when important decisions are being made.

If Rick Nash wants to one day be a real hockey executive, then he should be fired with the rest of the morons. If you starred for a team and want to be be an executive, I think you need to prove yourself. Part of proving yourself is having a guy on a team not associated with you be willing to take a risk and hire you. There was no risk for anyone in the CBJ front office hiring Nash. But a guy in Dallas, for example, would be putting his own reputation and possibly his own job on the line by hiring Nash. Let’s see if there is another team out there willing to give him a shot. If not, let’s see if Nash is willing to go work his way up by starting in the ECHL or Canadian Juniors like a normal guy.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Is it just me or are the tense negotiations mostly a Jarmo thing? IMO, Jarmo is done and should not be permitted to make any signficant roster decisions, as this is not his team in the future.

Perhaps McConell is discrete with his connections.

Hitchcock's most recent contribution was pushing for the Jackets to hire Babcock.

We have so many RFAs richly rewarded, that all this "hammer" talk feels like ancient history.
Don't know that Jarmo's use of the "hammer" is ancient history; it was a hot topic during the offseason leading into 2021-22, so just two years ago.
But I didn't write that last post well, at all - got off track. MM, you make a good point there.
I am frustrated and tired. Had a long post drafted, have erased it before posting.

The short version: I have lost and and all confidence in the FO to take any further action - about anything.
I don't believe Jarmo has any true vision for the CBJ, its culture or play style. He's too busy winning trades and outsmarting the drafters to put together a roster. I'm glad Fantilli dropped to us - it took the draft decision out of Jarmo's hands.

Jarmo's too Finnish with the stoic "head down - helmet on" approach to recognize that he doesn't have a TEAM of players. He has assembled parts - some very good parts, but to different models of cars. In Jarmo's world, they all should just put their helmet on and play hard and it will all be ok. That might work for one or two players - but it doesn't work for an entire roster. It doesn't work with playing a Justin Danforth on your 1st line with Fantilli & JG (Danforth is a really good 3rd/4th line player). It doesn't work to have creative players turtling on defense and never having possession of the puck.

I heard Jarmo say at the outset of the season that he wanted "Blue Jacket players" - I don't think he has any clue what that means anymore. I sure don't.
The Foligno/Dubinsky/Savard, et al., days are gone - I think that's the type of core Jarmo meant. But that core was supplemented with some star power that was relentless, fearless and/or hated to lose (Panarin, Werenski, Bobrovsky, et al). The current star power is neither physically nor mentally strong. Too easily injured, pushed off pucks, pushed off their games and as a result hold back the development of their linemates.

I want the GM to ask - What is this current version of the CBJ supposed to be? They don't know who the F... they are. If it's "hard to play against, forechecking, physical,..." then why the stream of long-term signings of Laine, JG, Severson (this gets me the most) and why draft KJ? If it's to be the talented, win on the rush, defense be damned approach, then why are you drafting a Sillinger and Voronkov (who I like very much as players), signing Gudbranson, Olivier and turtling in the D-zone. I can sit back and objectively find merit in each of those players individually, But you pick your vision (or poison as the case may be), whatever it is, then draft, sign and coach to that chosen vision. You are not a threat to win the SC with this lineup. You weren't much of a threat to even scare making the playoffs. I don't know if the JG availability as a free agent screwed up the vision/process, but it is screwed up. Did the JG signing affect this team's view of extending Laine and signing others to longer term deals?
IMO, this roster looks nothing more than reactionary managing, no advance future-season planning or roster construct, instead attempting to make the playoffs too early instead of developing a team. JK reacted to try to save his job by attempting to get competitive this season. He got parts, but they don't fit together. They are 8-9 games under .500 in the 3-pont game NHL at Christmas -that's not recoverable. Not sure what ownership's (or our) expectations were, but the Babcock fiasco gave Jarmo zero rope. So he's done here.

And with Jarmo being dead man walking, I am most fearful that the direction (or lack thereof) of this club is not recoverable for a far longer time than this season or next unless you cut the cord now. CBJ needs a complete re-set, with the first order of business being "who the hell are we and how do we want to play hockey?" You need a GM to do that - your coach is trying to win games, as it should be. But once those two existential questions are answered, then determine which players fit the answers - not the other way around. When a player doesn't fit, you move them...period, for the best you can get right then. Not 50 games later, not next year, not 2 years when the rebuild is finished. Ill-fitting pieces are damning this team to under-develop its young studs. They have 6-8-10 young players who I think are the right answers, as are a few of the vets. But so many parts cannot play together because they don't play the same style of hockey, they don't think the game the same way. Or they just can't find their games due to long-term injury, age or some other factor. So instead of a vision, we have lineblender in place to try to help the Laines and JGs find their games - when those veterans should be helping the pups develop their games.

Oh there is some growth/maturation of the young kids, especially the Russian line, on display, but it seems such growth is IN SPITE OF, not because of the FO or coaching. Maybe that's why the Russian line's progress is so jarring - they can play together without blinking, in juxtaposition to Laine who can't handle the puck when he is healthy. Or to JG who can't seem to stop turning the puck over. Fantilli is getting to that point more quickly than I anticipated. But put most of our other forwards on a line with 2 of the Russians and that line would likely sink too. IMO, this roster is that screwed up.

So I don't want Jarmo making one more decision for this franchise. Not one, not the smallest or least significant decision. And yet everyday doing nothing (or something) is a decision - not moving on an offer for Laine pre-injury (if one was made), not moving one of the goalies, etc. - everyone of those non-decisions has ripple effects that we don't see yet. So go get a new GM whose long-success is the bar, whose decisions are built around a long-term vision not a short-term pipedream. And no, don't consult with Hitch or some other old school contact. That's not what is needed, no offense to Hitch. Go find the young rising star assistant GM in an established winner like Boston or TBL, and pay the money to make that happen now. It's not rocket science; and it can't be worse. If it turns out worse, fire and hire another; how many GMs have most teams had during Jarmo's 10-11 year tenure? Use the next 50 games for that new GM to establish who the CBJ wants to be and to identify who does (and does not) advance that one singular goal. Find out if Vincent can coach to that vision. Vincent's motto of getting better every day works - BUT ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO BE.
If they wait until this season is over, they not only lose this 50-game re-set period, but then the organization is trying to ask and answer those existential questions at the beginning of next season - when each beginning of a season everyone (understandably) thinks they might catch lightning in a bottle. So we end up wasting another 30-40 games next year. This season is done. Own it and move on. The players will never publicly admit it but they know exactly where they are in the standings and that the playoffs are already out of reach. Stop pretending that the movie Major League is a real thing, pull the band-aid off and move forward with entirely new FO. The players will welcome the fresh air.
I know I will.

Sorry for the rant. Going to take a self-imposed break from posting on the Boards for a few weeks. Tired of feeling negative, tired of reading negative, tired of writing negative. Especially when the kids are actually playing well. Truthfully, don't want to bring Viqsi or anyone else down.....*including me*. And my rants are not going to speed up or slow down the decision-making about Jarmo. So better to take a break.

Oh, and on a cheerier note, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, etc., to all!

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Don't know that Jarmo's use of the "hammer" is ancient history; it was a hot topic during the offseason leading into 2021-22, so just two years ago.
But I didn't write that last post well, at all - got off track. MM, you make a good point there.
I am frustrated and tired. Had a long post drafted, have erased it before posting.

The short version: I have lost and and all confidence in the FO to take any further action - about anything.
I don't believe Jarmo has any true vision for the CBJ, its culture or play style. He's too busy winning trades and outsmarting the drafters to put together a roster. I'm glad Fantilli dropped to us - it took the draft decision out of Jarmo's hands.

Jarmo's too Finnish with the stoic "head down - helmet on" approach to recognize that he doesn't have a TEAM of players. He has assembled parts - some very good parts, but to different models of cars. In Jarmo's world, they all should just put their helmet on and play hard and it will all be ok. That might work for one or two players - but it doesn't work for an entire roster. It doesn't work with playing a Justin Danforth on your 1st line with Fantilli & JG (Danforth is a really good 3rd/4th line player). It doesn't work to have creative players turtling on defense and never having possession of the puck.

I heard Jarmo say at the outset of the season that he wanted "Blue Jacket players" - I don't think he has any clue what that means anymore. I sure don't.
The Foligno/Dubinsky/Savard, et al., days are gone - I think that's the type of core Jarmo meant. But that core was supplemented with some star power that was relentless, fearless and/or hated to lose (Panarin, Werenski, Bobrovsky, et al). The current star power is neither physically nor mentally strong. Too easily injured, pushed off pucks, pushed off their games and as a result hold back the development of their linemates.

I want the GM to ask - What is this current version of the CBJ supposed to be? They don't know who the F... they are. If it's "hard to play against, forechecking, physical,..." then why the stream of long-term signings of Laine, JG, Severson (this gets me the most) and why draft KJ? If it's to be the talented, win on the rush, defense be damned approach, then why are you drafting a Sillinger and Voronkov (who I like very much as players), signing Gudbranson, Olivier and turtling in the D-zone. I can sit back and objectively find merit in each of those players individually, But you pick your vision (or poison as the case may be), whatever it is, then draft, sign and coach to that chosen vision. You are not a threat to win the SC with this lineup. You weren't much of a threat to even scare making the playoffs. I don't know if the JG availability as a free agent screwed up the vision/process, but it is screwed up. Did the JG signing affect this team's view of extending Laine and signing others to longer term deals?
IMO, this roster looks nothing more than reactionary managing, no advance future-season planning or roster construct, instead attempting to make the playoffs too early instead of developing a team. JK reacted to try to save his job by attempting to get competitive this season. He got parts, but they don't fit together. They are 8-9 games under .500 in the 3-pont game NHL at Christmas -that's not recoverable. Not sure what ownership's (or our) expectations were, but the Babcock fiasco gave Jarmo zero rope. So he's done here.

And with Jarmo being dead man walking, I am most fearful that the direction (or lack thereof) of this club is not recoverable for a far longer time than this season or next unless you cut the cord now. CBJ needs a complete re-set, with the first order of business being "who the hell are we and how do we want to play hockey?" You need a GM to do that - your coach is trying to win games, as it should be. But once those two existential questions are answered, then determine which players fit the answers - not the other way around. When a player doesn't fit, you move them...period, for the best you can get right then. Not 50 games later, not next year, not 2 years when the rebuild is finished. Ill-fitting pieces are damning this team to under-develop its young studs. They have 6-8-10 young players who I think are the right answers, as are a few of the vets. But so many parts cannot play together because they don't play the same style of hockey, they don't think the game the same way. Or they just can't find their games due to long-term injury, age or some other factor. So instead of a vision, we have lineblender in place to try to help the Laines and JGs find their games - when those veterans should be helping the pups develop their games.

Oh there is some growth/maturation of the young kids, especially the Russian line, on display, but it seems such growth is IN SPITE OF, not because of the FO or coaching. Maybe that's why the Russian line's progress is so jarring - they can play together without blinking, in juxtaposition to Laine who can't handle the puck when he is healthy. Or to JG who can't seem to stop turning the puck over. Fantilli is getting to that point more quickly than I anticipated. But put most of our other forwards on a line with 2 of the Russians and that line would likely sink too. IMO, this roster is that screwed up.

So I don't want Jarmo making one more decision for this franchise. Not one, not the smallest or least significant decision. And yet everyday doing nothing (or something) is a decision - not moving on an offer for Laine pre-injury (if one was made), not moving one of the goalies, etc. - everyone of those non-decisions has ripple effects that we don't see yet. So go get a new GM whose long-success is the bar, whose decisions are built around a long-term vision not a short-term pipedream. And no, don't consult with Hitch or some other old school contact. That's not what is needed, no offense to Hitch. Go find the young rising star assistant GM in an established winner like Boston or TBL, and pay the money to make that happen now. It's not rocket science; and it can't be worse. If it turns out worse, fire and hire another; how many GMs have most teams had during Jarmo's 10-11 year tenure? Use the next 50 games for that new GM to establish who the CBJ wants to be and to identify who does (and does not) advance that one singular goal. Find out if Vincent can coach to that vision. Vincent's motto of getting better every day works - BUT ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO BE.
If they wait until this season is over, they not only lose this 50-game re-set period, but then the organization is trying to ask and answer those existential questions at the beginning of next season - when each beginning of a season everyone (understandably) thinks they might catch lightning in a bottle. So we end up wasting another 30-40 games next year. This season is done. Own it and move on. The players will never publicly admit it but they know exactly where they are in the standings and that the playoffs are already out of reach. Stop pretending that the movie Major League is a real thing, pull the band-aid off and move forward with entirely new FO. The players will welcome the fresh air.
I know I will.

Sorry for the rant. Going to take a self-imposed break from posting on the Boards for a few weeks. Tired of feeling negative, tired of reading negative, tired of writing negative. Especially when the kids are actually playing well. Truthfully, don't want to bring Viqsi or anyone else down.....*including me*. And my rants are not going to speed up or slow down the decision-making about Jarmo. So better to take a break.

Oh, and on a cheerier note, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, etc., to all!

I'll dissent on some points.

- Having different player types, say Kent Johnson and Dmitri Voronkov, or Jenner and Gaudreau, does not mean you have an identity crisis. Every good team has very different types of players.

- If the "Blue Jackets players" Jarmo wants means Foligno/Dubinsky/Savard type of players then that would greatly increase my confidence in his management. He hasn't replaced the many physical detailed two-way forwards we had, and never replaced the stalwart defense, instead largely opting for lightweight offensive oriented types.

- The Jackets suck mostly for the same reasons Ottawa and Buffalo and a lot of other teams suck. They don't forecheck much or forecheck well and they don't defend well. Very little cycle game. They're bad at Torts type details.

- If there is one thing that the Jackets are exceptionally bad at it is making the first pass to get out of the zone. Last year we were horrible at it and this year we are again, but in different ways. I often can't tell if the passer is just blind or if the target is not where they are supposed to be. Players on newly configured teams often aren't where they're supposed to be, this might just need time.

- The team scores plenty at 5v5, actually a very high amount considering how little they spend time in the offensive zone. 10th among all teams in 5v5 goals per minute. There is plenty of offensive skill at 5v5.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
Am I the only one who sees Werenski fumble the puck at the worst times? Mess up power plays, turn puck over leading to scores.
my biggest issue is he just doesn't hustle ever just floats around the ice. So many goals are on him and no one talks about it.
yes he's got a great shot, his defense has improved but he costs us more games then people realize.

Imagine a Nylander for Werenski trade.

Tor could really use Zack and we really need a guy with heart like Nylander
You are not the only one, it's taboo to speak poorly about Zach on these forums though. It's really odd, especially when he's objectively bad defensively. It's almost like people don't want to believe we have a 9.7 million dollar rover who just plays offense. He's a great offensive dman but he can't do it by himself defensively and the guys we're pairing with him can't cover up his defensive gaffs either.

1702955330621.png

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
You are not the only one, it's taboo to speak poorly about Zach on these forums though. It's really odd, especially when he's objectively bad defensively. It's almost like people don't want to believe we have a 9.7 million dollar rover who just plays offense. He's a great offensive dman but he can't do it by himself defensively and the guys we're pairing with him can't cover up his defensive gaffs either.

View attachment 786135

I wasn't under the impression that Werenski has been very good defensively this year, but after consulting that site the formula for a bad defensive rating seems to be "how many minutes do you play for the Blue Jackets?" I don't know if it's telling us much.

Reactions: LJ7

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I wasn't under the impression that Werenski has been very good defensively this year, but after consulting that site the formula for a bad defensive rating seems to be "how many minutes do you play for the Blue Jackets?" I don't know if it's telling us much.
I'm not sure you can be convinced Werenski isn't very good defensively.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
You have now attempted to dismiss opinion that differs from yours by first saying your position taboo and then by suggesting a poster isn’t open to new information. Those are pretty garbage ways to support your argument.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
You have now attempted to dismiss opinion that differs from yours by first saying your position taboo and then by suggesting a poster isn’t open to new information. Those are pretty garbage ways to support your argument.
Well you're missing the history of us going back and forth on Z.

Regardless, find me a #1 dman with a worst defensive percentile. Good team, bad team, you can't.

Reactions: jacketsnation

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

Ole Hitch directed the CBJ to Babcock. Next.

Reactions: JacketsDavid

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013

He would likely have to work with the NHL. I think they assisted him before after IDWT.

Reactions: LJ7

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Ole Hitch directed the CBJ to Babcock. Next.
You think this team has the same record this year if Babcock was behind the bench ? To me , the biggest blunder there is you hire a controversial figure , and you fold at the first sign of adversity . I wouldn’t be suprised if the whole phone thing was planned by the barstool crew , knowing Babs did that in the past . My point being , this doesn’t disqualify Hitch and his long list of accomplishments , based on him being one of many consulted and had good things to say based on HIS interactions with Babs .

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
You think this team has the same record this year if Babcock was behind the bench ? To me , the biggest blunder there is you hire a controversial figure , and you fold at the first sign of adversity . I wouldn’t be suprised if the whole phone thing was planned by the barstool crew , knowing Babs did that in the past . My point being , this doesn’t disqualify Hitch and his long list of accomplishments , based on him being one of many consulted and had good things to say based on HIS interactions with Babs .
I agree with your read on Babcock and the front office folding like a cheap suit when they got blowback.

Keep in mind that I didn't follow the team when Hitchcock was HC so I don't have any attachment to him. But given that he was part of the process that recommended a coach who couldn't make it to training camp, I wouldn't be too keen on consulting him on personnel matters. On cheesecakes, most definitely.

• Haha
Reactions: KJ Dangler

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Well you're missing the history of us going back and forth on Z.

Regardless, find me a #1 dman with a worst defensive percentile. Good team, bad team, you can't.
Okay, show us data. You're making the claim. Back it up. Prove that he is the worst.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Take my comment as about the quality of evidence, not about your conclusion.

I looked at that site and every player on our team except for Jiricek and Olivier had a negative defensive rating. It's obviously a formula that struggles to disentangle team effects from player effects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad