This is a Bad Hockey Team 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
102 points last season while playing in a tough division in the "rivalry era" even when Lundqvist had a rough half.

If we canned AV, would the team had 103 [elite] or still the 102 points [firesale bring back Torts for accountability]?

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The biggest problems on this team to me are 1) The coach and the system he plays. 2) The team's very weak center depth. I think those two things need to be addressed. I just hope AV is on a short leash, because he really doesn't deserve a long one.

As for center depth, it's either rely on Miller to step into the 2nd line C role and leave a gap on the wing, or try and make a deal for AA or Shipachyov. Take your pick. I can't think of many other possibilities as of now.

I personally don't see goalie as a big problem like others may, and I think the defense just needs the correct pairings and correct players playing. McD, Shatty, Skjei, Tony D, Smith should all be playing. 6th spot could go to any of Graves, Pionk, Beargloves. Just not to Staal, Holden, or Kampfer. Kampfer is a fine 7th D and so is Holden, but no more Staal. It's getting old even if he's played a solid 4 games.
102 points last season while playing in a tough division in the "rivalry era" even when Lundqvist had a rough half.

If we canned AV, would the team had a 103 [elite] or still the 102 points [firesale bring back Torts for accountability]?

Mod help me pls

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I believe it was wrong to fire him earlier, but Torts would struggle too with our current roster - it`s not all on AV @ReggieDunlop68 But I don`t understand some of AV decisions with our lines. I questioned the Vesey - Hayes - Zucc line, AV believe that Zucc will get the line going like the old P - Braasard - Zucc line from 2014.

At least try the line the whole game which had good looks, but AV start rotate when he chase a lead so Zucc ended on the Miller line while Nash continue to struggle.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

If we canned AV, would the team had 103 [elite] or still the 102 points [firesale bring back Torts for accountability]?

That 102 point team no longer exists. Not sure what the point is..

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
That 102 point team no longer exists. Not sure what the point is..

The same formulaic AV narrative was used several months ago.

BTW, You didn’t finish your ellipsis […] in response to my incredulous previous statement.

You are correct that it is no longer May 2017. We have now worm holed into the distant future of October 2017.

Stop living in the past! Amirite?

Last edited:

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
The same formulaic AV narrative was used several months ago.

BTW, You didn’t finish your ellipsis […] in response to my incredulous previous statement.

You are correct that it is no longer May 2017. We have now worm holed into the distant future of October 2017.

Stop living in the past! Amirite?

No..Unfortunately you aren't right.
The distant future of mediocrity?
This team isn't going to come even remotely close to accomplishing what last years team has done.
What makes you think otherwise??

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Keep in mind..AV is on his 3rd defensive coach, 2 of which are more than capable.
Now that Ruff is in the house there's no more excuses yet the D still sucks.
What/who is the common denominator here?

You keep flip flopping between it’s the roster and AV is the biggest problem.

Firstly, I think the team will be doing way better by mid November.

Secondly, I still think this is year 2 of the GMJG transition years.

Thirdly, prime years Scotty Bowman wouldn’t get this roster past the third round at the best of luck result.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
You keep flip flopping between it’s the roster and AV is the biggest problem.

Firstly, I think the team will be doing way better by mid November.

Secondly, I still think this is year 2 of the GMJG transition years.

Thirdly, prime years Scotty Bowman wouldn’t get this roster past the third round at the best of luck result.

I'm not flip flopping over anything.
I want to see AV and JG gone!
JG said he was rebuilding on the fly.
That would indicate that he's still trying to ice a competitive team and that's a complete fail in my eyes.
While I do expect the team to get it together at some point this season they're still a bubble team at best.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
But JG has done pretty well I'd think. Is it because you don't like what he said or what? AV probably losing his freshness here though for sure

It is not impossible to build a team while staying somewhat good. We're probably one of the few that can because of the playing destination and.... history of an 06 team has a draw, even if it is dubious.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
That would indicate that he's still trying to ice a competitive team and that's a complete fail in my eyes.
While I do expect the team to get it together at some point this season they're still a bubble team at best.

Rebuilding on the fly not rebuilding overnight.

And now you have a trifecta of flip flop(pery) with AV, GMJG, and the Roster being wrong as if it were some old western shootout.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
But JG has done pretty well I'd think. Is it because you don't like what he said or what? AV probably losing his freshness here though for sure

It is not impossible to build a team while staying somewhat good. We're probably one of the few that can because of the playing destination and.... history of an 06 team has a draw, even if it is dubious.

Are you suggesting some grey area exists between alternatives?

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
If you ask me, everything is pretty great these days.

The management and the players are both going to continue to increase in awesomeness over time. They are likely to have exceptional fortune and success throughout the season, the prospects are going to turn out great, and we will finish with a broad smile across our faces with a win total around seventy games.

Oh sure, there will be the odd problem and injury along the way, but they will just serve as recharging jolts to keep them from getting complacent. More issues to resolve, more development to do, and deeper success to attain. On top of that, the organization is bound for an ever-better fate, ironing out most of its current problems and most of the problems that follow in the future, ending up as the greatest franchise in NHL history.

And if I'm wrong, then so be it.

Reactions: ponzu4u and Ori

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Through 4 games, the PP is one of the better ones that I have seen from the Rangers in 25 years. Unfortunately, everything else is ranking from poor to awful. Especially the PK. That could be the worst in 25 years.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

JG had a championship team right in front of him and he never managed to supplement those players with the few missing pieces to put them over the top.
Instead he dismantled the team and he’s starting over.
It’s not as if these were aging/over 30ish players.
He gets fleeced in every trade he makes.
Stepan and Raanta was a huge price to pay for what he got.
He’s bring in the completely wrong players for roles they’ve never played in and not only that but now he’s gonna go bargain shopping for some mediocre center that’s just going to fill a hole.
I find that completely idiotic.
Also..He’s is letting AV run not only that team but the team that is now in front of him into the ground.
Do you see tonight’s pairings?
How long of a leash can this guy possibly get?

And now you have a trifecta of flip flop(pery) with AV, GMJG, and the Roster being wrong as if it were some old western shootout.

Trifecta LOL
I do like your sense of humor and I’m trying to answer your questions but your ADHD is kicking in hard bro lol.
My Trifecta is..
1 - JG <See Above>
2 - AV for his system, lack of adjusting realtime and mind boggling combos and pairing decisions.
He’s always talking about finding duals.
Guess what AV? There’s 3 players on any given line.
3 - The roster full of the wrong players for the roles being given.
It’s forcing a square peg into a round hole..

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Good lord man.... I don’t know where you are but Gorts did well this summer. Essentially got a young skilled center in the draft and ADA who has a LOT of upside for a center that may become obsolete and a back up goalie who could become a starter. JG has done well in player acquisition.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
You're investing quite a bit on a lot of "What If" IMO.
We'll have to agree to disagree.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
One day the Rangers will fleece somebody in a Kevin Hayes trade and i'll cartwheel to work.

Seriously though, AV exacerbates the weaknesses on a team with a couple of glaring weaknesses (inconsistent bottom 6 and 4) with really bad decisions and deployment, but i'm still optimistic in the clear talent of the top six and McD-Shatty-Skeji will keep the season interesting.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Some people aren't going to be happy with the front office until we go 0-82 and pick first overall, so we can end up with some mediocre shit like RNH.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011

You'd rather sell the team off, ice a complete dumpster fire out there, still not be the worst team, and rely on a double lottery of not only having to get a high pick but then also that the high pick works out, and thennnnn build more of a team from there.

Insanity

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
You'd rather sell the team off, ice a complete dumpster fire out there, still not be the worst team, and rely on a double lottery of not only having to get a high pick but then also that the high pick works out, and thennnnn build more of a team from there.

Insanity

Alluckks really?
I realize it's happy hour but you haven't read a single one of my posts if that's what you took out of our little convo here buddy lol.
Insanity X2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad