Third-Line Center

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I read the post wrong. Also, Bjork started out with Marchand and Bergeron and they played well together. Bjork got hurt and didn’t seem to really recover. If they go into next season with him in a top 6 role, why is that bad? I’d prefer him in the AHL to start but if he’s ready, then he’s ready.

We won’t know if he’s ready since he’ll be barely recovered from surgery when camp breaks. He’s likely to the ahl to start just so he can get his conditioning

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
You guys are nuts. We definitely need a pre-injury Riley Nash type. Bergeron and Krecji have had recent injury issues and Heinen, JFK et all are more hopes then plans. Most guys arent plug n play like Carlo, McAvoy and DeBrusk have been. We need more speed at C also.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
David Krejci. I'd shoot for a long term top-2 line C or top pairing D in the off-season. Easier said than done, so probably unlikely, but I think it's an absolute must to rely less on Chara/Krejci moving forward. Either of them are still capable of being your best player on any given night. Both have proven to be valuable in a role playing with young wingers and young D. Something this team has a lot of.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
IDK, I think the budget is gonna be a little tight. I give 3rd C to Kuraly, I think he can handle the defensive side and probably will add to production too. Nash20 is just going to cost to much money I think. He had a poor PO so maybe that makes him resign-able but probably not.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Kuraly is the perfect fourth-line center and should not be placed in a position in which he is not well suited (i.e., third-line center). If neither JFK nor Frederic is ready, then Boston may well have to look outside the organization. How crazy is it to think that Boston might bring back Spooner to be the #3 center until one of the kids is ready?

Reactions: 3B

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Kuraly is the perfect fourth-line center and should not be placed in a position in which he is not well suited (i.e., third-line center). If neither JFK nor Frederic is ready, then Boston may well have to look outside the organization. How crazy is it to think that Boston might bring back Spooner to be the #3 center until one of the kids is ready?

Yeah, I don’t see this happening.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
IDK, I think the budget is gonna be a little tight. I give 3rd C to Kuraly, I think he can handle the defensive side and probably will add to production too. Nash20 is just going to cost to much money I think. He had a poor PO so maybe that makes him resign-able but probably not.

I’d prefer to just keep Kuraly in the 4LC spot. He is perfect there. I understand he’s great in the playoffs but his regular season production doesn’t warrant moving him up. He produces like a 4th liner because he’s a 4th liner. Keep him there.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
You guys have it all wrong. They have a third line center, what they don’t have is a second line center.:sarcasm:

Reactions: LouJersey

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Could be? I have high hopes for Frederic. I could see him normally starting on the wing and transitioning over to center, but there is a need there.

I think you hope that him or JFK is ready by the end of the season, at least.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If there was a time to try Heinen as a center, it will be this year. Definitely wasn’t a fan of the suggestions in the playoffs or late regular season to throw him into the fire but with an offseason of work and a training camp, it may have some upside. If anything, it’d make him even more versatile being able to effectively play all 3 forward spots.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I'd like to see Donato get a shot in TC, barring offseason moves by Sweeney, to win the center job. He played the position all season at Harvard, so he has some familiarity. In one late season game with the Bruins he was 8 for 8 in the dot.

Otherwise I like Czarnik. He's got the speed to play center and doesn't shy away from contact the way Spooner did.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Nothing against Czarnik, but we just got out-hit and out-muscled against TB, and Czarnik lacks size. If we're going to have young players like Heinen and Bjork, I want the 3rd line C to bring a bit more of a physical presence.

I'd put Backes there or re-sign Riley, if there are no external options.
size had nothing to do with how Tampa bullied us.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Barring a trade, I think they need to stay in house for 3C personally. Wether that's moving Backes to 3C, or giving it to one of the kids.

Do not re-sign Riley Nash. Do not sign someone like Bozak or Plekanec.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

BiggioRainesHOF

May 19, 2017
You guys have it all wrong. They have a third line center, what they don’t have is a second line center.:sarcasm:

They have an outstanding top line, and a sprinkling of cheap wingers for the middle 6 (Bjork, Heinen, Debrusk, Donato, Cehlarik).

They have an outstanding top pairing, and a few movable commodities in the bottom 4 (Krug, Gryz, Carlo, K. Miller).

They have some strong but not can't touch prospects who could easily have productive careers in Boston, but who might serve the chase for a cup best as part of a trade package (Frederic, JFK, Senyshyn, Zboril, Fitzgerald, Lauzon).

Ideally they'd make a few strong trades to fill that 2nd line center role and middle pairing, to come away like this:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-____-Donato
Heinen-Krejci-Bjork
Acciari-Kuraly-Backes

Chara-McAvoy
___-____
Gryz-Carlo/K.Miller

But then I'm reminded that their pro scouting/acquisition has sucked, and I'm not encouraged by the trades they'll make, so maybe the best hope is to let the young kids continue to develop into the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad