Third-Line Center

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I would still like to see Riley Nash back, but if he wants too much, you can't jeopardize some of the expiring contracts in the next couple years for a 3rd line center. There isn't a current player on the team or a young guy in the system that I'd be comfortable giving the spot to. Kuraly would be the closest, but I would much rather him be the 4C. I'd just go with a cheap UFA if Nash wants too much TBH.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
What about taking a flyer on Jason Spezza. One year left on his deal at 7.5 mil. I’m sure it would eat up the rest of our cap space but what else are we gunna do with it other than extend someone like Khudobin.

He obviously had a big down year but was supposedly used on the 4th line, out of position and had trouble fitting in Hitchcock’s system. Lots of Stars fan see a bounce back year if used properly.

Kind of reminds me a little of that Eric Staal year even though he was a little younger.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Kuraly, JFK, Frederic, and Studnika will battle for the bottom 2 center spots.

Replace studnicka with frederic, Studnicka is still probably two years away from everything I've seen from scouts.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Bjork or Pasta seem like the obvious choices to me

You can't waste Pasta with Krejci. I think they need to look outside the box a bit, Krecji was very underwhelming last year and I don't see him getting any faster as he ages. Move him to the third line, use some of your prospects to go get a legitimate second line center on a decent contract and go from there.

You will still have holes that need to be filled short and long term but this is an area that needs to be addressed.

Reactions: Strafer

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Kuraly, JFK, Frederic, and Studnika will battle for the bottom 2 center spots.
JFK, Frederic and Studnika aren't near ready for the NHL. JFK struggled in Providence, Frederic has, what, 13 AHL games so far and Studnika is most likely back in juniors. Kuraly is a fourth line center, he is a good one and should be here for years in that roll but does not have the offensive upside to play 3rd line.

For next year I don't see an in house option unless Backes recovers from his concussion and becomes a faster skater this summer.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Not for me. lol! Detroit is hurting for dmen. I would assume they are after prospects as they must be in the 'rebuild' mode.

AA for Zboril

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Or try and hit a home run and overpay for Athanasiou. Not sure what his relationship is with Red Wings management but he's an RFA who held out last year. This guy would be the perfect 3rd line centre for this Bruins team.

Heinen + Lauzon for Athanasiou (Heinen had more points that AA)

So, you want to trade Heinen, who is a year younger, had more points, and is under contract on an ELC next year for AA, who is an RFA....and add Lauzon?

What am I missing?

Reactions: Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad