Third-Line Center

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think the problem is Heinen "quietly" put up 47 pts. No flashy highlight reel goals, no fancy toe drags. He didn't bring a crazy physical presence. Just a vanilla almost 50 pt season. I'm in no rush to trade him, but I think thats why some posters around here are ready to move him.

From the 3rd line while playing good D. When Spooner put up 49 points on the 3rd line is was all "trade Krejci and move Spooner to #2C why does Claude care so much about defense when Spooner creates so much offense!".

Heinen at #3C doesn't sound crazy. He certainly plays the game like someone who should be able to play C well.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I think the problem is Heinen "quietly" put up 47 pts. No flashy highlight reel goals, no fancy toe drags. He didn't bring a crazy physical presence. Just a vanilla almost 50 pt season. I'm in no rush to trade him, but I think thats why some posters around here are ready to move him.

I’m not trying to insult anybody’s hockey intelligence, but Heinen makes you work for it. He’s quietly very effective and as you say no crazy hits or flashy plays, just workmanlike plays. A lot of the time he just gets in the way, stick in the lane, knocks the puck down, keeps it in, then changes.

Ho hum.

Once in awhile, he will score or make a nice pass and on replay I will say, wow that was a heckuva release, or how did he see that guy? Even when he scores he’s not a big celebration guy.

If he’s going to bring the B’s a better player in a deal, I can live with it, but all these proposals for lesser players like Ferland, Bennett, Athanasiou, (with the Bruins adding to some) are driving me nuts.

Last edited:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
but all these proposals for less players like Ferland, Bennett, Athanasiou, (with the Bruins adding to some) are driving me nuts.

Never fear Joe, I am sure the Bruins know exactly what they have in Heinen just as we do. I am looking forward to his next season now that he's been through a couple of playoff rounds.

Reactions: weaponomega

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
From the 3rd line while playing good D. When Spooner put up 49 points on the 3rd line is was all "trade Krejci and move Spooner to #2C why does Claude care so much about defense when Spooner creates so much offense!".

Heinen at #3C doesn't sound crazy. He certainly plays the game like someone who should be able to play C well.

Ryan Spooner didnt put up 49 points on the 3rd line. There were injuries that season which bumped him up to the 2nd line and when he was on the 2nd line his point production took off that season.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Ryan Spooner didnt put up 49 points on the 3rd line. There were injuries that season which bumped him up to the 2nd line and when he was on the 2nd line his point production took off that season.

Maybe, its been a while. I know his most common line mates were still Hayes and Beleskey.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Maybe, its been a while. I know his most common line mates were still Hayes and Beleskey.

His highest even strength line production lines were with loui eriksson, matt beleskey then matt beleksey and jimmy hayes, but only had 5 points with each of those two lines.

His highest point production total came on the power play where he had 14 points on PP1 with Bergy, Eriksson and krejci

He had 5 points with beleksey and hayes but saw 45.3% of his even strength minutes with that line. His most frequent line was not very productive at all.

Reactions: wintersej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad