Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid: Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Hart may be good, and would most likely thrive as a top 10 guy goalie in the league on an actually decent team. But man oh man, if I was Briere I would be shopping him partly due to his weird ass personality, or lack thereof. Serious sociopath “I microwave cats” vibes.
*Please note, this is unrelated to “culture.” He just weird.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Hart may be good, and would most likely thrive as a top 10 guy goalie in the league on an actually decent team. But man oh man, if I was Briere I would be shopping him partly due to his weird ass personality, or lack thereof. Serious sociopath “I microwave cats” vibes.
He is a goalie... theyre all a little weird.

They chose to have hard rubber discs shot at them at 100mph for a living... not to mention have one of the highest pressure positions in sports.

The weirder the better.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Selling Sanheim low will be an important part of the leaguewide lore of the Flyers being a laughingstock

He's probably going to be 1 or 2 overall in ice time the next couple seasons, so he's going to have plenty of opportunity to improve on the last season.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
ASF said on one of his podcasts before that Tortorella wanted Ersson on the opening night roster this year. Management killed it though citing he needed to play as much as possible.
Management was right. They don't see Ersson as a potential backup, but as a potential starter.
He had 2 years starting in the SHL, then missed a year due to injury, started 54 games last season.
I think they are also waiting to see what happens with Kosolov and Fedotov.

Reactions: renberg

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Did i miss the sarcasm?

We been watching the same sanheim? we looking at the same contract? that contract is an albatros. He is perhaps one of the most difficult if not the most difficult player to trade right now.$6.25 x 8 for a guy who has done nothing, proved nothing and had a pretty terrible year last season. Not to mention his NTC.

Also despite what we all think about his Hayes, he is coming off a career year. He has only 3 years left on his contract he has some value.
comeon... you think Sanhero is a worse contract then Fisto's ??

🤣

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland

He is , as I remember, a born again C. Also on the subject of Hart....remember when Taryn interviewed him, with the arched eyebrows and flashing eyelashes, he stood there looking down, shifting weight from left foot to right foot; he was extremely uncomfortable with a strong, powerfully voiced woman........
mama's boy.....

4 days in a row...I am still in favor of Moore..........

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Management was right. They don't see Ersson as a potential backup, but as a potential starter.
He had 2 years starting in the SHL, then missed a year due to injury, started 54 games last season.
I think they are also waiting to see what happens with Kosolov and Fedotov.
lol no need to even mention him any longer as that ship has sailed

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
comeon... you think Sanhero is a worse contract then Fisto's ??

🤣
Last season:
Sanheim CF 46.15%, CFrel -0.99, xGF 45.37%, xGFrel -3.04, pp/60: 0.78
Risto CF 44.89%, CFrel -3.08, xGF 47.61%, xGFrel -0.19, pp/60: 0.57

Based on last year's performance, Risto's 4x5M is preferable to Sanheim's 8x6.25M

Sanheim's 3 previous seasons: CF 50.54%, xCF +1.70, xGF 50.56%, xGFrel +2.67, pp/60: 0.98
I suspect that's closer to his norm.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
ASF said on one of his podcasts before that Tortorella wanted Ersson on the opening night roster this year. Management killed it though citing he needed to play as much as possible.
There was also the matter that Ersson had played so little the previous two years, it wasn’t prudent to do that with him at the NHL level.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Bare minimum this is going to be one of the most interesting off seasons in a long time. Lets all at least take solace in that.

Reactions: BernieParent

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I don’t think that Hart will be moved until the rape scandal from the ‘18 Canadian Junior Hockey team is resolved and he is totally exonerated.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
There was also the matter that Ersson had played so little the previous two years, it wasn’t prudent to do that with him at the NHL level.

The point I’m making though even ASF alluded to it then is that Tortorella might be angling for Ersson to be his guy in net going forward. Whether management agrees with him is another thing.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The point I’m making though even ASF alluded to it then is that Tortorella might be angling for Ersson to be his guy in net going forward. Whether management agrees with him is another thing.
That’s fine if he believes in him for that. I can see why, he was able to get some good work out of Korpisalo and Merzlikins, especially upon breaking in. Or maybe they were just goalies being goalies, but he should at least believe in it.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
I really don’t think Hart will return what some here think. Goalies in general can be propped up by a good system and I think teams are moving away from overvaluing or giving up premium assets for goalies. Money, prospects, and picks are best spent elsewhere

That said, I would still try to move Hart

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I really don’t think Hart will return what some here think. Goalies in general can be propped up by a good system and I think teams are moving away from overvaluing or giving up premium assets for goalies. Money, prospects, and picks are best spent elsewhere

That said, I would still try to move Hart
Starting goalies who are above average and with salary control should garner a 1st and 2nd.
Hart outdueled Price in the playoffs, that's hard to find, and a hot PO goalie is worth anything you pay for him (as Bob has shown this spring).

Reactions: Devonator

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
Starting goalies who are above average and with salary control should garner a 1st and 2nd.
Hart outdueled Price in the playoffs, that's hard to find, and a hot PO goalie is worth anything you pay for him (as Bob has shown this spring).
I will be pleasantly surprised if Hart returns a 1st and a 2nd. Bobrovsky was seen as an albatross contract before these playoffs. There have been mediocre goalies who have gotten hot in the playoffs and helped their teams win. Hart is not better than Price. Unfortunately some of the luster has worn off on Hart and he isn’t quite the high level goalie we were hoping for. He’s probably a middle of the pack starter but his saving grace is that he’s still young and can certainly improve, especially with a better team.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I don’t think that Hart will be moved until the rape scandal from the ‘18 Canadian Junior Hockey team is resolved and he is totally exonerated.
Any idea when this will be resolved? I had thought Hart was cleared of any wrong doing here?

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
As an aside these type of incidents seem to happen way too often in amateur hockey. It seems to have a serious grug-tier culture that even other sports don’t seem to have. I’ve always wondered if it has to do with the players not receiving a good education because of team commitments combined with gross bro culture. Maybe it’s just my perception but hockey players seem to be pretty unintelligent. I seem to remember Doug Hamilton getting shit from teammates because he liked going to museums; like they thought he was snobbishly high brow. I don’t get it

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I thought about this point, which unfortunately will hang over Hart until all is brought to light. Does Briere making the point that he would be listening to offers indicate that Hart is in the clear or (more likely, I suppose) that they will maintain business as usual in the absence of resolution?

Reactions: Larry44

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I thought about this point, which unfortunately will hang over Hart until all is brought to light. Does Briere making the point that he would be listening to offers indicate that Hart is in the clear or (more likely, I suppose) that they will maintain business as usual in the absence of resolution?
I think Briere was more making the point that as a rebuilding team, they'd listen to offers for anyone.
Obviously, the younger the player, the less willing he'd be to trade that player.
But "make me an offer I can't refuse . . . "

Reactions: Breeze 44

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
As an aside these type of incidents seem to happen way too often in amateur hockey. It seems to have a serious grug-tier culture that even other sports don’t seem to have. I’ve always wondered if it has to do with the players not receiving a good education because of team commitments combined with gross bro culture. Maybe it’s just my perception but hockey players seem to be pretty unintelligent. I seem to remember Doug Hamilton getting shit from teammates because he liked going to museums; like they thought he was snobbishly high brow. I don’t get it

All of the above, pretty much. Throw in a dash of constant influx of girls and women who hang around the team, especially in smaller centres where the hockey team are pretty much the local celebrities, as well as socioeconomic privilege into the mix (used to dad and mom spoiling them or getting them out of fixes), and you get a pretty horrible combination of factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad