Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid: Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Mixed bag I’d say. Walker trade was good business. I think he did really well with the Provy trade.

If he moves Laughton before the draft, it’s no harm no foul (other than to my psyche lol), but still disappointing that he didn’t take the “bird in the hand”.

Got a better prospect and draft pick than we deserved for TDA.

EJ trade was shit. Hayes trade was bad value.

Seeler was a year too long and would’ve been better to trade for assets, but I think I see the vision and if Drysdale has a great year paired with him, he’ll be more that worth it.

Briere has dealt with a lot of shit too for only one year on the job (2 players who had to be moved cause of Torts, Gauthier quitting, trade cancelled cause of an NMC, league cucking him on another trade, franchise goalie being charged with r*pe, etc)

Yeah I think this is very important to note. Laughton still having one more year left means if they didn't like the offers right now, they will likely still have offers pre-Draft and even on Draft Day. His 1 year left at such a low cap hit is going to be appealing to a contender. He still has a chance to get the Laughton situation right.

Reactions: tymed

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I can’t accept that.

If I accept that, then Briere is just another in a long line of bad GMs who can’t make the hard decisions and we might as well stick a fork in this rebuild or retool or whatever the hell you want to call it, because our cup chances are next to nill.

My hope is that the price for Laughton just wasn’t that great. Lot of rental forwards went for bargain bin prices. Even the return on Hertl was shockingly bad.

Laughton has not having a great season; some would even say he’s been bad. My hope is that rather than admit that, Briere is trying to talk up his leadership and his meaning to this team and when we end the year as a feel good story, maybe one of those real contenders that flames out early thinks “Laughton is exactly what we need!”

I said back this summer I’d be disappointed in Briere if Laughton was still a Flyer post-deadline and I am indeed disappointed. Feels like a missed opportunity to get value and to signal the rebuild is real and going to be done proper-ish (or at least as proper as the Flyers are capable of doing it).

If Toffoli and his 26 goals didn't land a 1st, there is zero chance a 1st was on the table for Laughton.

We do know they could have had a 1st for him last summer though. That's when he should have been moved.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
They got these clueless f***s in the media assessing the quality of a draft they have no idea about.

We had two top 6 picks last year that didn't even get an A rating from the initial CSS list. I get that beats don't check into these things, but if you care about hockey enough to find a place like this, I really do not understand blindly parroting that.

As always, knowing what you don't know is a skill. No one knows shit yet.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
forever... most of the mouthbreathers eat it up..

same way they love that Laughton is untradeable cuz "culture"
They were excited about Kevin Hayes until they weren't.

I don't think most people have the patience for a team that says it's both rebuilding and aiming for the playoffs. If they make it to the postseason this year, fans will expect the team to at least make the postseason next season.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
They were excited about Kevin Hayes until they weren't.

I don't think most people have the patience for a team that says it's both rebuilding and aiming for the playoffs. If they make it to the postseason this year, fans will expect the team to at least make the postseason next season.
110% this team is worse next year..

this lightning in a bottle isnt sticking round

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
forever... most of the mouthbreathers eat it up..

same way they love that Laughton is untradeable cuz "culture"
Did you spend the entire month prior to the deadline explaining to everyone how they were selling anyone and were deffo buying....

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
We had two top 6 picks last year that didn't even get an A rating from the initial CSS list. I get that beats don't check into these things, but if you care about hockey enough to find a place like this, I really do not understand blindly parroting that.

As always, knowing what you don't know is a skill. No one knows shit yet.
It's also a bit weird that if they believe what they are saying, how should a fanbase have confidence in their selections this year when they have 3 picks in the top ~50?

Also Keith Jones a few months ago said they like the centers late in the 1st-early 2nd. Both sides of their mouth lol.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
The flyers might be good at running a charity but someone should remind them they are supposed to be trying to win a cup
Based on what I have seen the last several years, these players have earned nothing. They play like shit; they are shit. It is so easy to blame your bad play on people who are not here. "I can't play well because the locker room sucks" is utter bullshit

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Based on what I have seen the last several years, these players have earned nothing. They play like shit; they are shit. It is so easy to blame your bad play on people who are not here. "I can't play well because the locker room sucks" is utter bullshit
They made it clear whose fault that was.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille