Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid: Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions

Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I can’t accept that.

If I accept that, then Briere is just another in a long line of bad GMs who can’t make the hard decisions and we might as well stick a fork in this rebuild or retool or whatever the hell you want to call it, because our cup chances are next to nill.

My hope is that the price for Laughton just wasn’t that great. Lot of rental forwards went for bargain bin prices. Even the return on Hertl was shockingly bad.

Laughton has not having a great season; some would even say he’s been bad. My hope is that rather than admit that, Briere is trying to talk up his leadership and his meaning to this team and when we end the year as a feel good story, maybe one of those real contenders that flames out early thinks “Laughton is exactly what we need!”

I said back this summer I’d be disappointed in Briere if Laughton was still a Flyer post-deadline and I am indeed disappointed. Feels like a missed opportunity to get value and to signal the rebuild is real and going to be done proper-ish (or at least as proper as the Flyers are capable of doing it).
i will give him this..its still semi-early in his tenure as GM..but it ..IMO..is not off to a good start

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
i will give him this..its still semi-early in his tenure as GM..but it ..IMO..is not off to a good start
Mixed bag I’d say. Walker trade was good business. I think he did really well with the Provy trade.

If he moves Laughton before the draft, it’s no harm no foul (other than to my psyche lol), but still disappointing that he didn’t take the “bird in the hand”.

Got a better prospect and draft pick than we deserved for TDA.

EJ trade was shit. Hayes trade was bad value.

Seeler was a year too long and would’ve been better to trade for assets, but I think I see the vision and if Drysdale has a great year paired with him, he’ll be more that worth it.

Briere has dealt with a lot of shit too for only one year on the job (2 players who had to be moved cause of Torts, Gauthier quitting, trade cancelled cause of an NMC, league cucking him on another trade, franchise goalie being charged with r*pe, etc)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There were teams that needed goaltending depth (Philly, Colorado) and Raanta cleared waivers. I don’t get it
Colorado seemed to figure out they were too close in a cap crunch and were worried they’d get f***ed if injuries came up.

Annunen has been good, but I don’t know, they still have like $2m in LTIR space. Georgiev is going to be exhausted if they get on a run

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Spoke to Berube at a Flyers Alumni event tonight. Really nice and gracious dude. Asked him point blank what the offer for Laughton this summer was and he said it was their worst 1st and a mid round pick and that they were “unloading a bad contract”. He also indicated that had they traded for Laughton, he “wouldn’t have had to deal with Hayes” and laughed and said he might still be coaching had that happened. Found that pretty interesting.
So if that deal went through, the Hayes trade wouldn't have and that another bad contract would have been dumped in the Flyers? No discussion of the Sanheim/Krug side of the trade? I doubt if either the Blues or Flyers will clarify what exactly was in these talks.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jonesy says 2025 1st was top priority as they think it’s a much deeper draft, and it’s been hard for other teams to get

A lot of teams value Laughton. Seems he was out there but just didn’t get the price given improved play.

Gurianov, hopes he gets a chance on the power play. Elite skating a shot with straight line speed. Feels he’s been doing things in his game in Milwaukee that resemble what he did in Dallas in 2020. Allison was underwhelming. Wants to see how Torts reacts to him.

Praise for Walker and Brad Shaw.

Ersson pointing in the direction of a #1, but it’s still early and will get competition.

Watching Kolosov closely, sounds like he will be in Lehigh when his season ends.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Spoke to Berube at a Flyers Alumni event tonight. Really nice and gracious dude. Asked him point blank what the offer for Laughton this summer was and he said it was their worst 1st and a mid round pick and that they were “unloading a bad contract”. He also indicated that had they traded for Laughton, he “wouldn’t have had to deal with Hayes” and laughed and said he might still be coaching had that happened. Found that pretty interesting.
Very interesting

Tbh, I’m glad we dumped Hayes on them rather than Laughton. Not to mention there was that ridiculous shit where they were trying to swap Sanheim for Krug.

Jonesy says 2025 1st was top priority as they think it’s a much deeper draft, and it’s been hard for other teams to get

A lot of teams value Laughton

Gurianov, hopes he gets a chance on the power play. Elite skating a shot with straight line speed. Feels he’s been doing things in his game in Milwaukee that resemble what he did in Dallas in 2020. Allison was underwhelming. Wants to see how Torts reacts to him.

Praise for Walker and Brad Shaw.

Ersson pointing in the direction of a #1, but it’s still early and will get competition.

Watching Kolosov closely, sounds like he will be in Lehigh when his season ends.
They really have no clue how to fix the PP.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Very interesting

Tbh, I’m glad we dumped Hayes on them rather than Laughton. Not to mention there was that ridiculous shit where they were trying to swap Sanheim for Krug.

They really have no clue how to fix the PP.
Maybe not, but I read what he said to mean that this is a no-risk move to give someone who earned an opportunity that wasn’t going to get it for someone who they felt didn’t and thus had no future, and kind of hinted that there wasn’t much interest in Allison either. They wanted Allison to prove it and didn’t, and other teams noticed.

But it did hurt him personally both being WMU guys.

Sielski seemed to be most interested in that move to discuss, they didn’t talk at all about Johnson, but they were active trying to find an experienced defenseman but not at any price. Danny said they targeted him, but that’s not what Jonesy seemed to think, they weren’t going to pay more than what they did for anybody. If Seeler didn’t get injured, I don’t think they do it at all.

Zero mention of Johansen.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
So if that deal went through, the Hayes trade wouldn't have and that another bad contract would have been dumped in the Flyers? No discussion of the Sanheim/Krug side of the trade? I doubt if either the Blues or Flyers will clarify what exactly was in these talks.
I didn’t ask him about Sanheim/Krug, nor did he volunteer anything. I was actually a little stunned that he’d already said that much. He made a couple comments about what a great player and leader Laughton is and how lucky we are to still have him as a Flyer and I just politely agreed. Then he took a photo with me and my friend and went on to mingle with the next group.

Reactions: renberg

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
What are the chances that Briere looks to trade Konecny this offseason? Minnesota’s 1st+ start that conversation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia