Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid: Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanover Fist

Aug 22, 2018
1313 Mockingbird Lane
Five years from now the next iteration of the same management will be slinging blame for failure to sell and rebuild now. While continuing to not rebuild
IMG_2733.gif

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Yeah I think this is very important to note. Laughton still having one more year left means if they didn't like the offers right now, they will likely still have offers pre-Draft and even on Draft Day. His 1 year left at such a low cap hit is going to be appealing to a contender. He still has a chance to get the Laughton situation right.
We need the players earlier. If he has gotten a draft pick last year the player maybe would play in the lineup next year. When he got a draft pick next year the player maybe plays in 3 years. Its mind boggling for me that a lot of people think we have a.lot of time! We havent!

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
WE needed good memories to cheer up us today.
Philadelphia Flyers

@NHLFlyers
·
Mar 10, 2023
OFFICIAL: The Flyers have released Chuck Fletcher from his duties as President of Hockey Operations and General Manager. Daniel Brière, currently serving as Special Assistant to the General Manager, has been named Interim General Manager. Flyers release President and General Manager Chuck Fletcher | Philadelphia Flyers

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I'm sure they fly economy too.

As a side note, I've never understood why first class boards first. Why would you want that? You have to wait for the plebes to file in after you anyway, and watch them go through your section one by one as they whack you in the head or shoulder with their oversized carry-ons and excessive "personal items" on their way to their miserable sardine can seats.

Nah, if I'm first class, I'm boarding last. I get on, plane takes off. Done.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm sure they fly economy too.

As a side note, I've never understood why first class boards first. Why would you want that? You have to wait for the plebes to file in after you anyway, and watch them go through your section one by one as they whack you in the head or shoulder with their oversized carry-ons and excessive "personal items" on their way to their miserable sardine can seats.

Nah, if I'm first class, I'm boarding last. I get on, plane takes off. Done.
I don’t think anyone will stop you from doing that.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
But they serve you alcohol as soon as you get on the plane

Remember the days when they used to do that for everyone? And serve you meals?

I just flew a discount airline a few months ago to Vegas, and the only thing they give you is a glass of water. No food, no warm beverages, no alcohol. Which is fine, because we knew that ahead of time and packed all the stuff we needed... but it sure ain't like it used to be.

Also that airline (Lynx in Canada) just declared bankruptcy a few weeks ago. I flew with them a few times, and there are definitely some frustrations (like measuring every single passenger's carry-ons and looking for ways to upcharge you) but the flights were dirt cheap. I went Montreal-Vegas return for two people for $270. Halifax-Toronto for 3 people was $320.

There's no way an airline in Canada can survive with those rates.

I sometimes drive to Maine and hop on an Allegiant flight for dirt cheap, even when considering the CAD/USD exchange and long-term parking cost.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Remember the days when they used to do that for everyone? And serve you meals?

I just flew a discount airline a few months ago to Vegas, and the only thing they give you is a glass of water. No food, no warm beverages, no alcohol. Which is fine, because we knew that ahead of time and packed all the stuff we needed... but it sure ain't like it used to be.

Also that airline (Lynx in Canada) just declared bankruptcy a few weeks ago. I flew with them a few times, and there are definitely some frustrations (like measuring every single passenger's carry-ons and looking for ways to upcharge you) but the flights were dirt cheap. I went Montreal-Vegas return for two people for $270. Halifax-Toronto for 3 people was $320.

There's no way an airline in Canada can survive with those rates.

I sometimes drive to Maine and hop on an Allegiant flight for dirt cheap, even when considering the CAD/USD exchange and long-term parking cost.
I do remember the meals!

Lynx sounds a lot like Spirit for Frontier. Both low budget airlines that upcharge you for everything. Want to pick your seat, that'll be $20, oh, you've got a carry-on, that's another $20, oh, you need to check your bag, that'll be $40. Their base fare is cheap, but all the other things add up so they basically become the same price as the others.

Reactions: flyersnorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad