Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
No debate.

Stop.

Don't do this.

Make peace not war

I must know. My curiosity never stops. I need to know the numbers....
2 of the greatest LHD to pull on our jersey.
Maybe needs a thread to itself? Please Puma. I need to know.

AgedAcademicIndigowingedparrot-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Kid Icarus

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Been all downhill since leave Dade. Huizenga couldn't co-exist with Arison, so he hustled Broward into building his team a home. I could see the team being sold one day, maybe even to Arison, and moved to the Triple A.
nobody in Miami even knows the team exists. Leaving Miami has nothing to do with the low attendance. decades of irrelevance and the ability to easily watch out of market teams made it so all but the most die hard of fans still follow the team.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Proud of the core of this team. They are playing out of this world at the moment.

No Ole Ole Ole chants tonight. Good night.

Reactions: Vilam

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
nobody in Miami even knows the team exists. Leaving Miami has nothing to do with the low attendance. decades of irrelevance and the ability to easily watch out of market teams made it so all but the most die hard of fans still follow the team.

When Panthers occupied the pink elephant, Miami was 100% aware of them. But no one is crazy enough to hop on I-75 and make a hike to the Everglades during rush hour.

That arena is in y'all's backyard and you don't even go. Absolutely pathetic.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
When Panthers occupied the pink elephant, Miami was 100% aware of them. But no one is crazy enough to hop on I-75 and make a hike to the Everglades during rush hour.

That arena is in y'all's backyard and you don't even go. Absolutely pathetic.
They were also in the Stanley cup finals. There are more fans in Palm beach/Boca who appreciate the current location than fans in Miami who don’t go because it’s in Ft. Lauderdale. As for your last comment, I don’t blame anyone for not supporting a product that has been bad for decades. Yea they’ve been outstanding the past 2 months but it’s too little too late. NBA playoff race is heating up, the draft is around the corner, and March madness is next week. Those stories get all the sports coverage down here.

If you tracked all the panthers discussion on the local sports radio stations over the last two months, you’d struggle to average more than 30 minutes a day

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
They were also in the Stanley cup finals. There are more fans in Palm beach/Boca who appreciate the current location than fans in Miami who don’t go because it’s in Ft. Lauderdale. As for your last comment, I don’t blame anyone for not supporting a product that has been bad for decades. Yea they’ve been outstanding the past 2 months but it’s too little too late. NBA playoff race is heating up, the draft is around the corner, and March madness is next week. Those stories get all the sports coverage down here.

If you tracked all the panthers discussion on the local sports radio stations over the last two months, you’d struggle to average more than 30 minutes a day

Miami Arena attendance was good right up until their '98 move. Smaller arena that still had better attendance than BBT has ever had.

Make all the excuses you'd like. You Broward folks have ONE team to supports (305 has 3 plus a major university), and still can't get your shit together.

Dirt cheap tickets can't offset that horrid location.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Up here in Brooklyn, I'll be taking the MTA to be dropped off in front of the Barclays Center (Atlantic Ave.) for the Panthers' March 26 game vs. the Islanders.

The Metro Rail is shot, but it is something, and it used to stop right in front of the Miami Arena and can still be used to get to Marlins Park and the AAA. What the f*** does the BBT have as an alternative to congested highways? What sort of semi-sophisticated pre-game,post-game nightlife does Sunrise offer aside from an antiquated mall?

Glendale and Kanata deal with the same lovely location issues that Sunrise does, and look at the state of those franchises.

If poor play is why Broward chooses not to support their only franchise then, yea, you're proving all the critics right. At least C yotes fans can blame an impending move and Send fans can blame Karlsson being shopped as extra reasons to bail on their teams in additional to them sucking.

What's Broward's additional reason to futility? Because ticket prices sure ain't it.

aviators99

Apr 8, 2012
Weston, Florida, USA
If poor play is why Broward chooses not to support their only franchise then, yea, you're proving all the critics right. At least C yotes fans can blame an impending move and Send fans can blame Karlsson being shopped as extra reasons to bail on their teams in additional to them sucking.

What's Broward's additional reason to futility? Because ticket prices sure ain't it.

There's really no media coverage, TV nor radio. When I get excited about a game and talk about it the next day, my friends/co-workers have no idea whom I'm talking about ("Aren't they in Tampa?"). When they were in Miami they were new and it was an interesting news story, and they got coverage.

I agree on the nightlife. During the stadium contract renewal there was talk of building some sort of entertainment venue for pre-post, but I've heard nothing about it since.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
There's really no media coverage, TV nor radio. When I get excited about a game and talk about it the next day, my friends/co-workers have no idea whom I'm talking about ("Aren't they in Tampa?"). When they were in Miami they were new and it was an interesting news story, and they got coverage.

I agree on the nightlife. During the stadium contract renewal there was talk of building some sort of entertainment venue for pre-post, but I've heard nothing about it since.

Those in Broward and Palm Beach County will tell you there's enough people and wealth to support a major pro franchise. Well, you've had the team for two decades and have failed miserably in supporting it the entire time. If you think the difference between a sellout and 5,000 people showing up is media coverage, then the team should have never moved north to begin with.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Miami Arena attendance was good right up until their '98 move. Smaller arena that still had better attendance than BBT has ever had.

Make all the excuses you'd like. You Broward folks have ONE team to supports (305 has 3 plus a major university), and still can't get your **** together.

Dirt cheap tickets can't offset that horrid location.
yea u know what else happened sorta close to the 98 move? a brand new team with a stanley cup appearance. do u seriously think being the worst franchise ever (literally not hyperbole) for a quarter century should have fans selling out an arena? there are maybe 5-6 teams in the league that could get away with that and theyre all in canada or right next to it. i find it an absolute miracle the panthers can get 13k people to show up on average. it has nothing to do with arena loation. this is easy. understand it. the panthers will sellout the playoff games if they make it. and if they get past the 1st round, they will draw significantly larger crowds to start next year. its the same for most teams in most sports. sick of hearing how florida fans are worst. the fact im still here this long despite knowing that theres never been a worse nhl team for such an extended period of time should tell u something. and I'm not alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beezeral

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
so my take aways from this game:

1. this was not the blowout that the scoreboard showed by a longshot. if lu wasnt one of the best in the world this was a 5-3 game.
2. that puck was in the net in lus glove. we got lucky there. really wish there was some way to get a sensor in the damn thing already so we wouldnt have to keep doing this.
3. the goalie interference was luck too cause lu wasnt stopping that rebound. really didnt think theyd overturn that but glad they did cause he played brilliantly and i was sad he lost the shutout in philly, so yay for that.
4. vrbata is playing. why is vrbata playing?
5. CBJ is annoying me. why wont they allow us to appear as a playoff team in the standings for more than a few hours a week ago.....
6. TSN announcers dont know who any of our players are. They thought mamins name was maxime maxim. they thought petro was ekblad. and they thought vrbata was trochek (heresy).
7. the dude who switched his t-shirt every period behind the habs bench is my soulmate in terms of hating management. i might have to steal that idea and rail against tallon/owners if they follow up last offseasons brilliance with a repeat performance.

Last edited:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I am seeing someone else.

I said Yandle should be the next captain.

That's sufficient lol

No let it blubbering Mouth Trocheck, hopes he learns now to settle. But Captain or Alternatice has always something to do with, have the right Charackter.
Watch the replay of the last Game, people who shout around all the Time get the same Way treaten from the Refs. And then you see 5 Minutes later in the Game, Player like Loungo and Matheson smooth talking with the Refs and so them are reacts. Thats why Jokkinen no matter where he goes was an alternativ Captain, humble person, smooth talker, refs always talked and discussed with him normal.
Not sure if Yandle is that kind of Person or Ekblad or Trocheck.

I would like to have barkov as the Captain, who always apologize to the Refs then. That let them feel sorry for the Player and get them down and gives us some less Calls and more Powerplay for feeling sorry for barkov always apologizing.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
I assume they would be, if u provided any. did I say we were gonna sell out the playoffs 2 years ago? pretty sure I wasn't inventing a time machine. i said we WILL sell out these playoffs. weren't u the one berating me just 3 weeks ago for letting the past dictate the future? it must be really inconvenient when ur own statements come back to embarrass u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad