Post-Game Talk: They're sweating in New Jersey: Panthers destroy Habs 5-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Really? I think our game is way more exciting than the old New Jersey teams. I think we are fast and have a pretty good quick transition game. Seems like we have gotten a ton of breakaway/odd man rush opps this season.

-ghoste

That's because we sit back and wait for the opposition to make a mistake. Montreal felt like they dominated possession for most of the game last night. In games where we let the team dictate the pace and outshoot us we end up being successful. In games where we control play, like Tampa on Tuesday...we lose.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
This team is playing unbelievable hockey right now.

I really am eating crow about Boughner. I hated him to start, thought he had no structure but this team is playing incredible under him.

Everyone has a role and everyone plays it. The guys look loose out there and the talent is really coming to the forefront.

Holy shit I hope we can sneak into the playoffs. This next month is going to be nuts.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
That's because we sit back and wait for the opposition to make a mistake. Montreal felt like they dominated possession for most of the game last night. In games where we let the team dictate the pace and outshoot us we end up being successful. In games where we control play, like Tampa on Tuesday...we lose.
While they may have carried possession somewhat we did a great job of keeping them to the outside and taking it to the house ourselves.

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
When Panthers occupied the pink elephant, Miami was 100% aware of them. But no one is crazy enough to hop on I-75 and make a hike to the Everglades during rush hour.

That arena is in y'all's backyard and you don't even go. Absolutely pathetic.
HEY, WE WON!!!!!!! not good enough for you? we dominated! not good enough for you? we're in the playoff hunt! not good enough for you? okay let's talk about you inconvenience going to a game as you say the same thing after every game. it must suck to be a panther fan for some people. maybe the dolphins, or heat are for you. more convenient?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Only Hispanic people live near Metro Rail stops? Bigot? It has 2 stops near Dadeland (central/east Dade), South Miami, UM/Coral Gables, Coconut Grove and Brickel. All dense, affluent areas. What garbage are you inventing?

Sounds like you're saying non-Hispanic people also live close to Metro Rail. And sounds like you're saying these non-Hispanic areas are the affluent ones. So who's being prejudiced again?

Pragmatic Panther

Feb 7, 2018
If you want to know why attendance is bad, its pretty simple. The BB&T center is at least a 45 minute drive from any of the teams fan bases. For example, If you lived in Fort Lauderdale, got off work at 5PM, got home at 5:20. You'd have to shower, change, eat, take a s***, and be out the door by 6:15 to make puck drop at 7. This isn't including having to wrangle your kids and get them dressed. Knowing that you have to do this, and up until now to probably watch the Panthers get their d**** kicked in isn't very enticing. After the game, you've had a couple of beers, you'll then have to make a 45 minute drive again taking 2 seperate highways just to get home.

And no, moving the Panthers to Miami is a terrible idea. People barely go to heat games when they aren't contenders, what on god's green earth would inspire them to go to a Panthers game.

Simple solution, move the arena to downtown Fort Lauderdale and Ice a competitive team.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
news flash, team isn't building a new arena. why is this even a topic of discussion :thumbd:

looking forward to the next game! keep that ice soft!

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
LOL if the Panthers were to move, I doubt Broward would give them a penny to fund any new stadium. After all the bailouts over the current location, they would have to move north or south to another county.
That being said, consistently winning will solve a lot of issues, attendance included. Streaks are nice and all, but we need to see this team in the playoffs consistently for the arena to be packed

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Sustained success means attendance. I don't understand why this is such a complicated concept.

Here's a chart:
L2DbgkD.png

Now here's a graph:
image_att_graph.php

Note the trends? Attendance is directly correlated with success. It's a really, really easy concept to understand.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Sustained success means attendance. I don't understand why this is such a complicated concept.

Here's a chart:
L2DbgkD.png

Now here's a graph:
image_att_graph.php

Note the trends? Attendance is directly correlated with success. It's a really, really easy concept to understand.

And those 14703s ARE sellouts. That was capacity at Miami Arena.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
So, projecting to the end of the season

We will have an 80+ point scorer in Barkov. He is also sniffing 90 by the way.

3 70+ point scorer in Huberdeau, Trocheck, and Dadonov (on pace for, missed games).

2 50 point players in Yandle and Bjugstad. Also, Yandle may hit 60 this year as well.

2 30+ in Matheson and Ekblad.

Not bad Florida. Not bad.

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Pretty amazing run your team is having right now. Is the attendance getting better during this run? Im not a Panthers fan by any means but if TB gets knocked out I will root for my FL bros. Even if they beat us in a series this year. Good luck!

Reactions: Vilam and Chaos2k7

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
It takes about as long to get to the BB&T Center during rush hour from freaking Doral as it does to get Downtown with the current traffic situation. This is kind of a nonsense argument.
But it's not about only the journey, it's about the destination. Like, I agree with most of what you say, and yes winning would solve a lot of problems, but it's very dishonest to not acknowledge the fact that BB&T and Downtown are like night and day what comes to other activities. There's literally nothing but the hockey game in the former, where as in the latter the hockey game can be just part of the evening program. That's a big deal, especially in weekend games.

__

What comes to the game, I have to mention kind of a random thing that illustrates why the offside challenge is such a garbage rule in the NHL. That Bjugstad goal. It wasn't an offside, but it was another illegality (interference) right at the blueline that directly resulted the goal. Effectively the exact same thing at literally the exact same spot on the ice. In terms of fairness and justice, it's the exact same thing, but because of this arbitrary stupid ass rule, the other goal will count and the other one would've been disallowed. How pathetic is that.

It blows my mind why people don't talk about this more. If you're going to disallow goals because an infraction happened earlier in the shift, you have to extend it to everything, like interferences and hooks and high stick etc. Yeah, that would be extremely stupid. And exactly, that is what the offside review is too.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
But it's not about only the journey, it's about the destination. Like, I agree with most of what you say, and yes winning would solve a lot of problems, but it's very dishonest to not acknowledge the fact that BB&T and Downtown are like night and day what comes to other activities. There's literally nothing but the hockey game in the former, where as in the latter the hockey game can be just part of the evening program. That's a big deal, especially in weekend games.

Yeah, but most games are weeknight games, so the whole "oh, you can do stuff downtown during the weekend" argument holds no water for me.

You couldn't pay me enough to go downtown during rush hour on a weekly basis.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I couldn't watch the game live but I did see highlights of the Bjugstad goal. Everyone is allowed their space on the ice and it looked like the Montreal defenseman swerved into Bjugstad more than the other way around. And it didn't look like a pick but I might have to re-watch it to know for sure.

But since the league is so 50/50 on calls these days, I could see them also calling interference. Flip a coin these days it seems like.

-ghoste

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Yeah, but most games are weeknight games, so the whole "oh, you can do stuff downtown during the weekend" argument holds no water for me.
I did say "especially" weekends, implying it would help on weeknights too. Just for different reasons. The more people there are for example working close by, and in general just move around the venue, the better place it is to host an event.
I couldn't watch the game live but I did see highlights of the Bjugstad goal. Everyone is allowed their space on the ice and it looked like the Montreal defenseman swerved into Bjugstad more than the other way around. And it didn't look like a pick but I might have to re-watch it to know for sure.

But since the league is so 50/50 on calls these days, I could see them also calling interference. Flip a coin these days it seems like.
The point was to demonstrate how stupidly arbitrary the existing of offside challenge is. If things made sense in the NHL, a coach would've been able to challenge that interference JUST like he is able to challenge the offside (if it was a close call, like that interference was). It's the exact same thing, and here the shortcomings of that stupid rule were just so obvious because the possible interference happened in the exact same spot in a same situation as a possible offside would've happened.

It makes absolutely no sense that you can review this one specific infraction that happens during the shift and has something to do with the goal scored some time later in the shift, but none of the other infractions that are JUST as crucial in terms of the fairness of getting the goal call right. It should be all or nothing.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
once malgin is back im sure he'll definitely get his spot back on the 2nd. looks like theyll try vatrano there in the meantime. but with vatrano, malgin back, and mamin, who sits? i doubt malgin does, i really want mamin to stay in the lineup, i guess vatrano has the most to prove with us so maybe its him but having his shot would be nice, lets see how he looks first i guess. now of course someone could play on the 4th, kicking haley out of his spot, or just move mcginn to the 4th into that spot, but i actually doubt either of those things happen. i personally like having haley in the lineup, he creates good moral and with the team/locker room and the game in itself being very mental having a guy like him is good for psychological reasons. most likely either mamin or vatrano will be the 13th forward, for me personally id keep mamin in and let vatrano prove himself slowly. if he looks great then things will get tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad