:panthers

M6pUZJd.png

lX6anPF.png

Starting Goalie:

842.jpg

#1 Roberto Luongo
12-7-2 2.61GAA .927Sv%

Game Story:

Not much to say here, the Panthers, with points in 7 straight (6-0-1) look to continue their roll vs a Canadiens team trying to better their draft position. The Canadiens are injury riddled, with Carey Price, Max Pacioretty, Victor Mete, and Shea Weber all out for the season. The Canadiens had been playing better thanks to great goaltending from former Panther (briefly) Antti Niemi, going 3-0-3 in a 6 game stretch before a 6-4 loss to New Jersey. Niemi, Mete, and Pacioretty were all injured in the past week, and there are no excuses for Florida in a game they need to have.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Canadiens are dead, Florida has to have this one. Around the league we're cheering for Colorado and Winnipeg. The Devils game is especially interesting as they start their March of death that will make or break their season. CBJ has a very easy schedule...

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Canadiens are dead, Florida has to have this one. Around the league we're cheering for Colorado and Winnipeg. The Devils game is especially interesting as they start their March of death that will make or break their season. CBJ has a very easy schedule...

Probably need to pay attention to Philly also.

Lost again and today they play Boston followed by Peg and Vegas before a major tilt with Columbus

Only 8 points out with 3 in hand. Could very well get reduced to 6 and 3 in hand

Depch

Aug 27, 2006
Delete account
I know that it's a game we expect 2 points from, but there is absolutely no room to overlook them, gotta have that killer instinct to play hard no matter the names on their jerseys. Strike hard at start so you can rest the top guns towards the end.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
I don't assume victory in any game for the panthers, and no matter how busty people think drouin is, I think his skill level is off the charts and he'll come of age in the next couple yrs and have near ppg seasons. either way, apparently the nhl players by a not so small margin, think that bbt center has the worst ice in the nhl. I've been thinking that this may partially explain our seemingly crazy performances at home this year. i say keep the shitty ice coming and press that home advantage. our players seem to have grown accustomed to it and opposition skaters seem to lose their shit all over the ice. as long as its technically up to standards, lets keep it as horrible as possible. the nhl stole 2015-16 from us and I want playoffs by any means necessary.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Come out and play hard. No playing to the level of your competition. Gotta play every team they face with intensity and hustle.

The playoffs started for the Panthers a few weeks ago!

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Wow. Outside of Petry and Alzner, didn't recognize anyone on their blueline.

Keep on playing hard boys. Montreal may be near dead, but still have some talent on the top line and Shaw and Gallagher are gritty players.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
No Weber, no Price, no Pacioretty, no Mete.

Florida should destroy this but usually that's a bad sign.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Hat trick coming....

..... hopefully it's for Panthers

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Brickley was on that bad 2nd line against Tampa, right? Got demoted for Sceviour and then that line improved.

Still rather see him on the 4th line and just plug Sceviour along Trocheck. Vrbata doesn't bring anything different to the table compared to Brick. Isn't a 2 way guy.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Brickley was on that bad 2nd line against Tampa, right? Got demoted for Sceviour and then that line improved.

Still rather see him on the 4th line and just plug Sceviour along Trocheck. Vrbata doesn't bring anything different to the table compared to Brick. Isn't a 2 way guy.
McGinn was there; Brickley was on the 3rd.

Reactions: ShootIt

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Brickley and Vrbata are not the key to the success of this team. But Vrbata has some upside and I believe this is his swan song if he doesn't produce today. So might as well try him out.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Brickley and Vrbata are not the key to the success of this team. But Vrbata has some upside and I believe this is his swan song if he doesn't produce today. So might as well try him out.

Yeah I don't think he'll get another chance when Malgin&Vatrano get healthy. I think they're trying to get him going against a lesser opponent, if he can't do it here it's not happening.

Chances are slim, he looks like he has checked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->