Speculation: The Worst UFA contract of 2016

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Ladd AINEC

If you go through the Rumor grapevine, Lucic is willing to leave some money on the table.

Ladd doesnt seem like he wants to leave any money on the table & his agent is adamant he deserves Kesler Money.

:facepalm:

Big Easy

Jan 21, 2014
SW Ontario
Andrew Ladd.

He'll turn 31 this season, hit over 800 games played, plus a lot of hard playoff hockey in his career. He will get 5-6 years at 5.5-6M and somebody will regret it well before its over.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Doesn't it kind of have to ultimately be Stamkos?

Well no because

A he is by far the youngest UFA there is

B he is by far the best UFA possibly ever

C he is still in his prime

Everyone else is either past their prime or only has a year maybe 2 left if being in their prime.

Stamkos has 5 maybe 6 years left of prime hockey

The challenge is in where he goes because if he goes to a team like Buffalo which is where I think he ends up then in a couple years when Eichel, Reinhsrt and the rest of thst core get paid you will have a situation similar to thst in TB which decisions have to be made but this time Stamkos makes 29+ million instead if 7.5 making things harder.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Well no because

A he is by far the youngest UFA there is

B he is by far the best UFA possibly ever

C he is still in his prime

Everyone else is either past their prime or only has a year maybe 2 left if being in their prime.

Stamkos has 5 maybe 6 years left of prime hockey

Stamkos will absolutely be the worst signing this off season. And his peak/prime is most definitely behind him.

Unless he hits the most optimal situation imaginable (playing with a top notch assist man), I will be surprised if he ever hits 45-50 goals again.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
Andrew Ladd.

He'll turn 31 this season, hit over 800 games played, plus a lot of hard playoff hockey in his career. He will get 5-6 years at 5.5-6M and somebody will regret it well before its over.

I'd be ok with 4x6 for the Habs.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Frans Nielsen will be one of the top signings, on the other side of things. Most contracts will be bad, but its hard to tell until theyre actually handed out.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Matt Martin. The guy is a 4th liner who is gonna get paid for some reason.

Well the reason being that he has lead the league in hits for something like 5 years in row. I do agree though he will get more than most people feel he is worth.

Toggel

Feb 26, 2015
Stamkos will be the worst signing. We have seen how 10+ mil contracts can cripple teams depth. I don't think Stamkos has been the same player since his leg injury.

He is really good but not 10-12 million a year good.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Backes because of his age.

Boedker because he won't score enough. Boedker is an "underrated" overpayment candidate.

And, of course, Stamkos, considering that I personally see him as a 65-to-75-point player from here on.

Eric Staal only if someone is dumb enough, Lecavalier-in-Philadelphia style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad