Online Series: The Wheel of Time (Prime Video, Nov 22)

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Getting pretty close to season 2, and a new trailer dropped a while back:

Not sure but at a glance looks like they've upped production value a bit. Really anticipating this one to see how they're going to handle the larger series, as book 1/season 1 can be adapted pretty close but after that is where the writers are going to need to earn their money making drastic changes to work as a TV series.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Getting pretty close to season 2, and a new trailer dropped a while back:

Not sure but at a glance looks like they've upped production value a bit. Really anticipating this one to see how they're going to handle the larger series, as book 1/season 1 can be adapted pretty close but after that is where the writers are going to need to earn their money making drastic changes to work as a TV series.

The show runner said season 3 will be almost a perfect adaptation for book 4.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
for the first time?
Nah I’m on a slow re-read to finally finish the series. Had originally back in the early 2000s read up to knife of dreams. Bought the rest of the Sanderson ones (RIP Robert Jordan) but never read them for whatever reason. Have wanted to finish the series for a while so finally started it. I’m almost done book 5. Perhaps 200 pages left

One of my favourite series ever along with the Malazan books of the fallen which coincidently enough I’m going to have to reread to finish the final book which I’ve had in hard copy on my shelf forever haha.

What they did with the first season of this show really upset me. A lot. Lol

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Nah I’m on a slow re-read to finally finish the series. Had originally back in the early 2000s read up to knife of dreams. Bought the rest of the Sanderson ones but never read them for whatever reason. Have wanted to finish the series for a while so finally started it. I’m almost done book 5.

One of my favourite series ever along with the Malazan books of the fallen which coincidently enough I’m going to have to reread to finish the final book which I’ve had in hard copy on my shelf forever haha.

I will simply say that some changes made alot of sense to me, as someone who's read the series 10+.

Theres a ton of forshadowing that's been added, and aging up the characters made alot of sense because the original books/kids would've been annoying af.

I dont like some of the changes, but others were forced by an actor leaving and covid.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Nah I’m on a slow re-read to finally finish the series. Had originally back in the early 2000s read up to knife of dreams. Bought the rest of the Sanderson ones (RIP Robert Jordan) but never read them for whatever reason. Have wanted to finish the series for a while so finally started it. I’m almost done book 5. Perhaps 200 pages left

what did you think of the new trailer? (feel, ambience-wise I mean)

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Ep 6 was kinda hard to watch. In a good way, it was really well done. Actor playing Egwene did a great job. Gotta say I think season 2 is way better than Season 1 so far. I've read the first 6-8 books but it's been awhile. But if my recollection is correct season 2 has followed 2nd book closer than season followed first, with the big changes being in Moiraine/Lan storyline mostly and maybe Rand's as well.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I didn't even realize that the season had started and it's already over half over? That's odd after how heavily Amazon promoted season 1 and The Rings of Power.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I didn't even realize that the season had started and it's already over half over? That's odd after how heavily Amazon promoted season 1 and The Rings of Power.
The strike impacted promotion.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The strike impacted promotion.
Good point, but there's still a lot of promotion that they could've done without the actors. I remember with season 1 and, especially, RoP that the ads were everywhere.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Good point, but there's still a lot of promotion that they could've done without the actors. I remember with season 1 and, especially, RoP that the ads were everywhere.
I dont necessarily disagree with you. I think the reviews that are coming out, which are overwhelmingly positive, are going to stoke the promotion.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I'm not getting prime for a little bit longer but I'm certainly happy seeing all the positivity around s2, and hope that translates to more interest after s1 was more on the fence.

It's a bit of an odd series to start because Robert Jordan intentionally made the first book a pseudo copy of Lord if the Rings, then takes of with his own direction starting book 2. So how I like to summarize the first book, it's basically the big bad trying g to use a mcguffin to cheese a zerg rush win, and the 'destined hero' is pulled from his village early to block him. With that out of the way now the story can proceed with its extended good vs evil conflict that runs a good 13 books.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I'm not getting prime for a little bit longer but I'm certainly happy seeing all the positivity around s2, and hope that translates to more interest after s1 was more on the fence.

It's a bit of an odd series to start because Robert Jordan intentionally made the first book a pseudo copy of Lord if the Rings, then takes of with his own direction starting book 2. So how I like to summarize the first book, it's basically the big bad trying g to use a mcguffin to cheese a zerg rush win, and the 'destined hero' is pulled from his village early to block him. With that out of the way now the story can proceed with its extended good vs evil conflict that runs a good 13 books.
The show definitely diverted from the homage to lotr much quicker.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm a little skeptical of the positivity because the majority of viewers who didn't like season 1 probably haven't returned. It's no doubt mostly those who enjoyed season 1, despite its faults, who are watching and giving their opinions. It may be more that the audience that's left is more positive towards the show, in general, than that it actually improved. I'll give it a chance eventually, though, and I do hope that it really is better.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Season 2 has been a huge improvement on season 1, it's been pretty good so far.

I'm a little skeptical of the positivity because the majority of viewers who didn't like season 1 probably haven't returned. It's no doubt mostly those who enjoyed season 1, despite its faults, who are watching and giving their opinions. It may be more that the audience that's left is more positive towards the show, in general, than that it actually improved. I'll give it a chance eventually, though, and I do hope that it really is better.
Yea, no. Season 1 had much worse pacing and the plot was a bit all over the place with way too little development until it was rushed through at the end of the season. Season 2 has been so much better in these areas.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Really like the last episode, was getting into mini movie territory at about 70 min run time.
What was amazing about the last episode was they took a small sentence mentioned in the books, and expanded on it beautifully to show the absolute horror.
Anyone who says the show runner doesn’t understand the series has clearly missed all the hints, but this was an absolute masterpiece of writing.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I usually don't fall for ladies with a lot of dark makeup on but oh boy Selene I'm falling for her as much as Dragonboy is.

What was amazing about the last episode was they took a small sentence mentioned in the books, and expanded on it beautifully to show the absolute horror.
Anyone who says the show runner doesn’t understand the series has clearly missed all the hints, but this was an absolute masterpiece of writing.

which line? this one?:

"I am a monster too" ---Selene

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad