TV: The Walking Dead | S7 | PART III | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I will say, I dislike the character of Tara so much.

Like, remember where you came from? Lmao

Glenn and Maggie literally brought her in from the Govenor’s group, much like Daryl and Rosita are bringing Dwight into the group.

But now Tara likes Dwight and Daryl’s pissed at him.

Also, the final scene was cool, but I doubt Negan wouldn’t stop and achknowledge Dwight showing up after being gone so long. Wouldn’t question where the rest of his group was.

But alas, we’ll probably see that next episode, and they were doing that big speech for a reason

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I will say, I dislike the character of Tara so much.

Like, remember where you came from? Lmao

Glenn and Maggie literally brought her in from the Govenor’s group, much like Daryl and Rosita are bringing Dwight into the group.

But now Tara likes Dwight and Daryl’s pissed at him.

Also, the final scene was cool, but I doubt Negan wouldn’t stop and achknowledge Dwight showing up after being gone so long. Wouldn’t question where the rest of his group was.

But alas, we’ll probably see that next episode, and they were doing that big speech for a reason

They are going to rain sharp edged projectiles dipped in zombie goo at the hilltop, etc.

Wow. A great many people have lowered their expectations if those were considered good episodes.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
They are going to rain sharp edged projectiles dipped in zombie goo at the hilltop, etc.

Wow. A great many people have lowered their expectations if those were considered good episodes.

yup. kind of funny it took them this long to think about weaponizing the disease within the walkers. But also has left me thinking and raising an eyebrow about all those times that characters smeared or had zombie blood all over their faces.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Man this show really is in an internal struggle on what it wants to be, I was all in until this season even though I was questioning some stuff last season. My wife used to love the show even more than I did and now see just messes with her phone and only pays half attention. Seemingly smart characters making stupid rookie mistakes after all this time, its just lazy writing IMO

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Quick question: How can there still be overweight people at this point in time of the zombie apocalypse?

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Quick question: How can there still be overweight people at this point in time of the zombie apocalypse?

Frumpy wasn't even out of breathe after chasing Dwight.

yup. kind of funny it took them this long to think about weaponizing the disease within the walkers. But also has left me thinking and raising an eyebrow about all those times that characters smeared or had zombie blood all over their faces.

According to the CDC, you only have to die. It is already in them. The kid in the prison got sick and died without getting bit and turned.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
According to the CDC, you only have to die. It is already in them. The kid in the prison got sick and died without getting bit and turned.

true. so then what is the point of negans plan of chucking over walker parts into the hilltop? Just physiological warfare? (I am assuming that is the plan based on yesterdays episode) Or is he just going to surround the Hilltop until they run out of food/ammo and hopefully get dysentery?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
true. so then what is the point of negans plan of chucking over walker parts into the hilltop? Just physiological warfare? (I am assuming that is the plan based on yesterdays episode) Or is he just going to surround the Hilltop until they run out of food/ammo and hopefully get dysentery?

To be fair, while we know that everyone is infected, Negan and his crew would not. Heck, the majority of Rick's group that Rick told what the Doc at the CDC are dead now, it was before the prison.

So Negan thinks that whenever you get bite or scratched, you turn, this the process of shooting projectiles, or using weapons with walker blood/guts on them, so the germs get into their bloodstream and kills/turns them.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
To be fair, while we know that everyone is infected, Negan and his crew would not. Heck, the majority of Rick's group that Rick told what the Doc at the CDC are dead now, it was before the prison.

So Negan thinks that whenever you get bite or scratched, you turn, this the process of shooting projectiles, or using weapons with walker blood/guts on them, so the germs get into their bloodstream and kills/turns them.

very valid point! It did not cross my mind.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville

it would still cause an infection, which is why they have to cut an arm or a leg if someone is bitten there. The disease spreads fast and if they don't cut the limb fast, it's over. An arrow dipped in zombie gut shot in the stomach or the neck, even if it just scratches the body, should do the job.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
it would still cause an infection, which is why they have to cut an arm or a leg if someone is bitten there. The disease spreads fast and if they don't cut the limb fast, it's over. An arrow dipped in zombie gut shot in the stomach or the neck, even if it just scratches the body, should do the job.

The show creators have said it’s not really the virus that kills you, but then again they’re contradicted themselves by saying ingestion if fluids will also cause deaths

Reactions: tacogeoff

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I mean, they're rotting dead bodies. I'm pretty sure having any of that in your blood stream will cause death, zombie virus or not.

Look at Gabriel. He covered himself in the stuff and got a nasty infection because of it. Though Negan's plot armor protected him from such a thing.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Negan has had to have see tons of people who didn’t get bitten turn. Hell, Sasha jumped out of a casket at him as a zombie and he had to have known she was never bitten.

He also just recently smeared zombie guts all over himself...

I dunno, writers think we are stupid I guess. Only conclusion I can come to and maybe we are if we keep watching.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
I mean, they're rotting dead bodies. I'm pretty sure having any of that in your blood stream will cause death, zombie virus or not.

Look at Gabriel. He covered himself in the stuff and got a nasty infection because of it. Though Negan's plot armor protected him from such a thing.
The likeliest explanation is that Gabriel swallowed some in a panic while Negan didn't. Although if they did the guts thing during this episode he'd be a goner with all his stupid tongue action...

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
Remember when the Kingdom were feeding pigs the dead and then giving the pigs to Negan's people. I do. Seemed a much more plausible way of introducing sickness to another group.

Last edited:

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
I guess the animals must metabolize the virus in some fashion. Otherwise this could have happened at any point

Shiva eats zombies -> Shiva licks Ezekiel affectionately -> Ezekiel dies (-> Shiva eats Ezekiel)

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I have no idea how Rick and Negan have lived so long always doing the worst thing possible.I'm just glad something is happening even if it's wrong and stupid,good twist at the end.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
I actually thought the episode might end with Negan finding the group and killing Simon. Interested to see what happens from here. Next week's episode looks like it'll be action packed.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm actually considering watching again until the season finale to see if the story gets a satisfying conclusion.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I have no idea how Rick and Negan have lived so long always doing the worst thing possible.I'm just glad something is happening even if it's wrong and stupid,good twist at the end.

To be fair everyone should be dead with how many times they wrestle with the zombies it so easy to get scratched.

Just finished episode thought it was a great one... Expected Negan to find the group at the end

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Rick has lived this long and waits for this season to keep doing stupid rookie mistakes, its just lazy writing, this whole season has been the worst one yet. I keep watching to see if it can get back on the tracks but I have not enjoyed an episode in a long time.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Rick has lived this long and waits for this season to keep doing stupid rookie mistakes, its just lazy writing, this whole season has been the worst one yet. I keep watching to see if it can get back on the tracks but I have not enjoyed an episode in a long time.
So...stop watching? No one is forcing you to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad