TV: The Walking Dead | S7 | PART III | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I mean, there’s no DNA tests in the apocalypse.

But Rick told... I believe it was Daryl (or maybe Glenn) that he knows it’s not his but Shane’s daughter

They don’t do a good job of keeping track of time on the show, so it’s hard to know.

I recall reading that Rick and Lori had sex for the first time since the outbreak on day 60 and she took a pregnancy test on day 68, and anyone who has tried to conceive knows a week won’t cut it for an accurate test.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
the saviors definitely did not safe people, on screen nobody outside of negans group was happy with the deal, people were miserably and fought back/died in the process = killed more than safed. u can put it all on rick but my guess is that the fight/war they having right now is happening regardless... oppressed people will fight back. actually ur line about saving more than killing makes no sense at all. since every threat on the outside is still there after u made the "deal" with negan, except he kills randomly people off when he introduces himself or u misbehave, also he takes ur guns.

Problems with the Kingdom were mostly caused by Gavin. That was the biggest problem with Negan I think, he couldn't get his "lieutenants" to buy into it. They were always dicks creating unnecessary hostilities.

The point is, I think these individual colonies would continue being wiped out (which we've seen happen so many times before) until some more powerful entity subjugates them and keeps things in line. Without someone like Negan, I'm not sure if places like hilltop would even still exist. That's what I meant by "saving lives". Imagine if Simon lead the Saviors. He would just kill off all of their tributaries.

Anyways, I'm not saying Negan is a 'good guy'. I'm saying that maybe he's the type of 'bad guy' needed in the situation. The 'good guys' all died long ago.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
i understand ur point and i think here is where we have some kind of a projection. u seem to think that camps without the negan deal would get wiped out by other raiders. i think that the raiding thread still exist with negan, because we have yet to see how negan provides safety... his guards dont defend other camps, he takes the guns, he kills people off. he makes it harder for you to survive. you can argue that negan does not really wipe u out at once but kills u slowly instead. for example the wolfes attacked alexandria... (pre negan) but that could happen to hiltop or the kingdom, it was just that they found pictures from morgan of that place that gave them information about the location.

another argument is that negans main guys didnt bought in... which makes his idea to "safe" people a fail right from the start. but its realistic to me, negans plan requires order, trust, leadership and brutality, hitman/criminal mind to succeed which is very contradicted. u cant build a community with a main population as criminals... at some point they will turn/snitch on each other... its a wonder how negan build his personal army in the first place... the same goes for the governor, at least we got some background story on him, he lied and manipulated himself to the top and that only goes so far.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Fully agree with @TheBluePenguin. That's where I am at with this show. Lazy writing, taking the audience for granted had made me very cynical. But I'm so far into the series that it is hard to give up.

I won't go into full trashing mode on the season so far, as the plot holes are so numerous, but more importantly...

Is Lucille done? Like, she was on fire. She's gotta be toast.

I would have given the best betting odds to Negan's death being with Rick using Lucille.

Reactions: TheBluePenguin

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Fully agree with @TheBluePenguin. That's where I am at with this show. Lazy writing, taking the audience for granted had made me very cynical. But I'm so far into the series that it is hard to give up.

I won't go into full trashing mode on the season so far, as the plot holes are so numerous, but more importantly...

Is Lucille done? Like, she was on fire. She's gotta be toast.

I would have given the best betting odds to Negan's death being with Rick using Lucille.

I thought it would be sweet to see Maggie off Negan with Lucille, to get her revenge for Glen. Everyone expects it to be Rick and I thought it would be a refreshing surprise. Then Maggie could have a break down afterwards and return to her normal self. Rick could see that his issues had nothing to do with Negan and so on.

I read the comics up until the Prison but the buddy I had that had all of the books moved so I have no idea how this stuff played out in the books.

Still hoping the show can become strong again

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
No one is watching this for its artistry. Everyone on this show, save JDM, was an unknown before this show, yet you are puzzled by the low-level acting? Better Call Saul, this is not. It's primary allure is the post-apocalytic setting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
No one is watching this for its artistry. Everyone on this show, save JDM, was an unknown before this show, yet you are puzzled by the low-level acting? Better Call Saul, this is not. It's primary allure is the post-apocalytic setting.

Lennie James, Melissa McBride, Norman Reedus, Andrew Lincoln, and Lauren Cohan weren't unknowns before the show. They aren't as popular as they are now, because The Walking Dead is as massive as it is, but they all had key roles in tv shows or movies prior to The Walking Dead.

I don't find the acting to be an issue at all. Like writing, and direction, sure, but the acting quality is quite good with the exception of some minor characters.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
So they approach the Hilltop with not only their vehicles...but their lights on too

So stealthy

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
So they approach the Hilltop with not only their vehicles...but their lights on too

So stealthy

Super plot hole. Simon and the saviours in general have had very good battle tactics yet yet they just mass assault a walled and fortified settlement? What is even dumber is hilltop opened the goddamn gates.

The saviours should have sieged the settlement, and Hilltop should have kept the gates closed and used their outside personnel to harass the attackers.

And we just got another stupid situation where the saviours are all walking bunched up and get mowed down like a bunch of Russians going over the trenches in WW1. This is ridiculous beyond belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad