OT: The Thread About Nothing: Party like it's 199

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm confused by UPS ground shipping. I ordered some new goal leg pads off eBay and they were set to be shipped on Monday. I signed up for alerts but they still haven't left Secaucus! I want them for tonight but the last I see on the website is from 10/20 and no updates. Idk why it's taking so long!

On a side note I was on a business trip on Seattle for the last two days. I've never been here before but damn this city is awesome. Definitely need to take a vacation. Also, their airport is unreal compared to Phoenix and Newark which are the ones I usually fly out of. Everyone is wearing Seahawks gear though

Also, just bought some eBay yesterday. Up 300. Unreal!

Last edited:

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Also, just bought some eBay yesterday. Up 300. Unreal!

Awesome! Just be careful. There's a little Jack Welch financial engineering with those figures. They beat earnings because the bar was already low, they bought back a lot of stock, and closed some parts of their business. Organic growth isn't that impressive.

And they still have tremendous competition from Amazon.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
You OWE it to yourself to watch this.

Fantastic.

But what's scary is that I remember being a little kid in the movie theater, and seeing that date FAR in the future..........and it's here.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I'd rather buy EBAY. AMZN still hasn't made 1¢, which amazes me.

That has always bothered me about Amazon which I won't touch with a 10 foot pole.

They're branching out into all things technology. Sometimes I don't even know what that company wants to be.

Bezos knows he'd lose his shirt if he had to make a substantial profit so he had to sell things at cost. Any profits were immediately reinvested so he could become the next Jobs

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
How's your fall going?

I've been engrossed chasing this guy around. Not much success but love the game nevertheless.

WGI_0107-1_zps2gjec8ce.jpg

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Anyone following this megastorm in Mexico? apparently the warming of the globe oceans is driving storm strength in the pacific this season. NBC saying so at least and they're pretty on-the-ball

nvm: seeing that the eye collapsed and it went from lvl 5 to depression. so much for that narrative, main stream media.

Last edited:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Got the computer fired up for the first time today. Not that I can do much without windows, but I was messing around with the overclock utility a bit. The build turned out pretty good I think. Just have a couple more things coming in the mail and I'll be able to start playing some games. I'm really excited to see what it can do.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Anyone following this megastorm in Mexico? apparently the warming of the globe oceans is driving storm strength in the pacific this season. NBC saying so at least and they're pretty on-the-ball

nvm: seeing that the eye collapsed and it went from lvl 5 to depression. so much for that narrative, main stream media.

Still broke the record for strength for a tropical cyclone. It was an extremely impressive looking storm and it got that strong extremely fast.

The terrain over western Mexico just rips hurricanes to shreds once they land.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

The energy to consolidate a storm like that so it blows winds at 205mph is damn near unfathomable. For scientists, it's unbelievable to witness.

With that said, the Pacific coast of Mexico is quite mountainous. They will rip any storm up with relative ease. It happens quite frequently when storms pass over Cuba and Hispaniola

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
How's your fall going?

I've been engrossed chasing this guy around. Not much success but love the game nevertheless.

WGI_0107-1_zps2gjec8ce.jpg

eat him if you can

…..someone offered me a cat yesterday (to have as a pet) and i asked if it was a killer……it should go outside and kill and eat.

said its an indoor cat…..and i said no thanks, thats not the kind of 'puss in boots' im looking for

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
How's your fall going?

Not great (at all). I have about 9 bucks on camera, and the majority are literally spikes. The "best" is a 6 pointer, but I'm not shooting him either. Had a doe at 25 yards yesterday at 07:20, but she was thin, so I passed yet again. Going out today at about 4pm, but it's been bleak.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Not great (at all). I have about 9 bucks on camera, and the majority are literally spikes. The "best" is a 6 pointer, but I'm not shooting him either. Had a doe at 25 yards yesterday at 07:20, but she was thin, so I passed yet again. Going out today at about 4pm, but it's been bleak.

Things are going to change this week. Bucks are already starting to "seek" or cruse around checking for hot does. I expect some chasing activity to start this upcoming week. But it looks like we are in for some nasty wind and rain this week. I just won't sit in a tree with winds over 20mph. The next 3 weeks are the best of the year though.

I did shoot a doe a few weeks ago and I need to take another one for permit season as a requirement for Hunterdon controlled hunt.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Of course it is. I sat down with a Bourbon and turned on a hockey game on Saturday night and its nearly impossible for me to not stop by and see what's going on.

Glad to see you! Also great to see you enjoying the outdoors. Keep us up to date on the interesting scenery and wildlife you encounter. Always a treat.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I did shoot a doe a few weeks ago and I need to take another one for permit season as a requirement for Hunterdon controlled hunt.

Which park did you score?

Even though I have private land to hunt, I'm sorry I didn't put in for that for fall bow. A change of scenery would be nice once-in-a-while.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Which park did you score?

Even though I have private land to hunt, I'm sorry I didn't put in for that for fall bow. A change of scenery would be nice once-in-a-while.
I'm on a small piece in the SB Reservation.

I like it a lot but there is a lot to contend with, namely other hunters. But you also have to deal with the fact that these are public parks and with that comes joggers, dog walkers, hikers, photographers, naturalist, kids looking for a place to smoke a joint and sorts of things that can put a damper on your day.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but on these pieces comes a whole new set of challenges. You almost need a new set of skills to figure out how to make it work. You not have to only pattern the animals but you also have to pattern the people in these places.

Private land has challenges also, mostly your neighbors but that is a lot easy to deal with in my opinion.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Putin grows scarier with each passing day. They're well back on the way to Communism.

In a surprising development this past week, Russia has notified all scientists at Moscow State University (MSU) that they must submit their research papers to the state security service before they will be permitted to publish them... Russia is imposing this policy on universities and research institutes throughout the country.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I
Private land has challenges also, mostly your neighbors but that is a lot easy to deal with in my opinion.

Like the lady on horseback I've caught on camera about 7 times. Though the last time she finally spotted the camera, and I haven't seen her since.

I do imagine it would be quite annoying setting up at 3:00pm, only to have someone traipse right past you at 5:00pm or other peak times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad