OT: The Thread About Nothing: Party like it's 199

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
What happened to our ability to fill these things? We became pathetic at interneting as we became better at life.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The last time I used algebra, I was probably 15 years old, and I'm not sure I've ever really needed it in actual "life", so to speak.

But I just calculated the perfect pressure for my keg's CO2 input to be at equilibrium and not be foamy, legitimately with algebra, and I think this is the validation of my mother's telling me 1000 times that, "no education is ever wasted".

Moral of the story1 = listen to Mom.
Moral of the story2 = drink beer.

EDIT: L = (P -(H x .5) – 1 ) / R for those who are curious.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Anyone with an interest in tennis may want to tune in right now.

Nadal has NEVER lost when up 2 sets to 0, and I think it's going to happen tonight.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The last time I used algebra, I was probably 15 years old, and I'm not sure I've ever really needed it in actual "life", so to speak.

Me neither. I always said the people who need algebra the most are the people who teach it.

The last time I used algebra, I think I was 16 or 17 though. I was taking it in 11th grade with all the 9th graders, as well as in 10th grade with the 9th graders the year before that. And in 9th grade with other 9th graders the year before.

I think the teacher (though I'm pretty sure I had two different teachers) felt bad for me and gave me a passing grade in the end during 11th grade. I don't think I deserved to pass it though.

I got pretty good grades, always had a problem with math though. Nothing in math in elementary school was hard for me compared to algebra or geometry.

I remember always meeting eyes with a real pretty girl when I walked into algebra (or actually I think it was geometry by this time) so I was probably in 12th grade and she was in 10th. I was almost certain she liked me, to this day I can count the number of girls that looked at me like she did every day. Even some of the girls I dated for a fair length of time never gave me the vibes I got from this girl before I started dating them. I was pretty shy, or at least when it came to talking to girls. I would never ask a girl out at that age. If I went out with a girl it's because they pursued me and initiated the entire thing.

One day I somehow got her phone number. I don't even remember how I got ahold of it, it certainly was not from her personally though, I can tell you that much. And I pretended I was someone else, someone that was no longer in high school. I said the only guy I know in town was ''This guy named Brian'' and started to describe this guy who was really me. I said something like ''I'm not exactly sure of his last name, he's a very big hockey fan though, he loves the Devils''. And she said ''Oh yeah I think I know him, is he kind of slow?''. To which I replied ''He never struck me that way''.

I was absolutely crushed haha, like completely deflated. I thought for sure this girl was interested in me, and maybe she was but was just one of those preppy girls that wouldn't have admitted it for fear of being scorned by her friends who may not have liked me. She never found out it was really me on the phone the entire time, I was able to fool her I think. Mostly because I didn't talk too much in class, I was kind of quiet and never spoke unless spoken to. At least not in that class with people 2 years younger than me who I barely knew. In all my other classes with the rest of my grade I was talkative and social, just not in that one. From then on I always thought ''Wow what a *****'' whenever I looked at her. I think she thought I was slow because I was a 12th grade taking geometry with the 10th graders haha.

I have barely even remembered that whole ordeal since high school, up until tonight.:laugh:

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
The only math class i remembered is the one where i passed the state test with a 98% but falled the class with a 64% because i refusd to do homework and had ti take summer school.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
You use algebra even if you don't realize you are.

You may not expressively use "x" or a variable, but you definitely use the concepts it taught you.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Tom_Brady_Exposed_as_Closet-a33cc534d69dd4b3b9a2299835ff09e8

Photoshoped above but in his locker room below.
COJxKr7WsAECA_F.jpg

A lot of celebs are endorsing trump. He might actually win the republican nomination. Was surprised with the list of celebrities. Even some democrats.

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
With respect to Trump, I say vote him in. We've pretty much gone all Idiocracy so we might as well complete the process. :laugh:

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I really hope I'm not forced to vote for Trump. I really dont think he'll win the nomination, but a month ago I would have said 2% chance, now I'd say 22% chance. People seem to forget the "favorite" at this time often does not win the nomination. For instance, in 2008 Giuliani and Clinton had BIG leads in the polls at this moment (September), and McCain and Obama won.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
I really hope I'm not forced to vote for Trump. I really dont think he'll win the nomination, but a month ago I would have said 2% chance, now I'd say 22% chance. People seem to forget the "favorite" at this time often does not win the nomination. For instance, in 2008 Giuliani and Clinton had BIG leads in the polls at this moment (September), and McCain and Obama won.

Wait, you'd be forced to vote Trump if he gets the nom?

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Im looking at the weather on the east coast the last couple of days. You guys are in a heat wave. Surprised to see no one mention it here. 30 degrees already in New Jersey at 10;40 am and its warmer than the southern areas of the country.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Im looking at the weather on the east coast the last couple of days. You guys are in a heat wave. Surprised to see no one mention it here. 30 degrees already in New Jersey at 10;40 am and its warmer than the southern areas of the country.

Yesterday was crazy hot even though there was a breeze. The problem with breezes when it's 95 out, is it feels like car exhaust.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I made a post back in February of this year about Europe and the future migrant crisis. Also how Isis was planning to overflow Europe and bring in certain militias, but the last OT thread is closed so I can't quote it. Really worried for you guys in Europe. Hope you remain safe.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
does anyone here use synchrony bank? I'm thinking about signing up for an amazon credit card, but they're backed by synchrony and I've only heard ****** things about them. tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->