OT: The Thread About Nothing: Party like it's 199

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
A LOT of people were laid off from the Daily News including Lupica and Bill Madden (big baseball writer). This isn't a good day for the newspaper business whatever you may think of any of them, Bondy or whoever else got laid off.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I remember about 5 years ago that the daily news said they would never go the route of the NY Post. It took them less than a year to go there.

They're both garbage newspapers with the reporting on par with buzzfeed.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
In other news, Filip bondy was just laid off by the NY daily news. Never cared for him and his anti-devil rants.

col_lg_bondy.jpg

Never Forget

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
col_lg_bondy.jpg

Never Forget

I was gonna post the picture of him, I just couldn't get into my account with all the pictures I got saved.

I had that headshot of him that was always randomly posted after that year. It was a different one than what you got. He had a really huge smirk in the other one.:laugh:

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
BG, our resident meteorologist, how are things looking for this Hurricane Joaquin? Apparently there's now a realistic chance it would hit NJ early Monday morning?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm sure Jim is fishing or bow hunting somewhere not giving a damn about this place. He made me laugh sometimes, got on my nerves sometimes, but he seemed like a good guy.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
BG, our resident meteorologist, how are things looking for this Hurricane Joaquin? Apparently there's now a realistic chance it would hit NJ early Monday morning?

Models still in disagreement. Statistically, at the moment, most likely path is somewhere from southern North Carolina to northern Virginia. Interesting thing is, the best model (EURO) is the only one that has it harmlessly going out to sea.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Models still in disagreement. Statistically, at the moment, most likely path is somewhere from southern North Carolina to northern Virginia. Interesting thing is, the best model (EURO) is the only one that has it harmlessly going out to sea.

It's a Cat 2 now.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
With oil stocks seemingly about as low as they can get, and Putin about to drive a bulldozer of uncertainty through the Middle East, might be a good time to dabble into some of the recently crushed oil stocks.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Be ready to hear all sorts of panic tomorrow, becuase the GFS (which most US based media use) just went farther out to sea (like the Euro), BUT then does a button hook back into Jersey, much like Sandy.

Nevermind that this might just be the START of the model caving to the Euro's full-blown harmless out to sea solution (and thus be WRONG about the eventual button hook), I guarantee they'll be talking about the button curl back to Jersey just so they can get people INSANE and worked up that Sandy Part 2 is coming.

TRANSLATION: If you live near the shore and need gas or groceries, get them early to mid-day tomorrow (i.e. today), not because you'll probably need them, but because I sadly think that by 5pm tomorrow the media will loathsomely be having people needlessly panicking and in tears thinking Sandy 2.0 is going to destroy the Jersey Shore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese