OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 200: Where does the time go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I'm not even bothering to vote, I don't like trump or Clinton so why bother. And a wise man told me if I do vote for either of them then I can't complain when they win.

You could potentially help raise a third party into some semblance of viability - which could potentially make things better, if only by making the two entrenched parties pay attention and compromise, instead of just holding fast to extreme positions.

Outside of that, I agree - not much of a point.

Just drink bourbon instead as suggested above.

No Knob Creek nor Devil's Cut in that pantheon of goodness?

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
You could potentially help raise a third party into some semblance of viability - which could potentially make things better, if only by making the two entrenched parties pay attention and compromise, instead of just holding fast to extreme positions.

Try saying that on the poltics board section and you will be chastised. :laugh:

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Aggregated online news.

Hardly. I'm sure you know how FB tracks what you like so you get similar ads/articles the next time you log on. The same **** happens on sites like Yahoo.

If you aren't careful with what you select, you end up in the same situation.

As much as I've wanted to mute people on both sides of the aisle on FB/Twitter, not doing so allows me to see what both sides are saying.

And they are saying, "NjDEVSFN95 2016"

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
>>>Bourbon!!!! but not opposed to the whiskey. Usually use the whiskey for the Wife's Hot totties!

My stash is growing weekly, if I don't drink it first.
In no order:
Makers
Woodford
Larceny
Willet Pot Still
Evan Williams
Benchmark
BUffalo Trace

All for different tastes! Been hitting the Larceny a lot lately. And with it being about $25-$29 its hard to beat.

Looking to plan a trip back to Lexington or Louisville soon. If Lexington, its gotta be Either October or April-(Keenland Race track is up and running then) Really cool city too.

Evan Williams Vintage - challenging for the top spot on my list now. The price point for the 9-10 year aging is unbeatable. Super smooth, rivals the best I've had for single barrel straight bourbons. Never needs ice - it's that smooth.

Evan_Williams_Single_Barrel_Vintage_2003.jpg

Elbows it's way up into my top 2.

1. Eagle Rare $$
2. Evan Williams Vintage $$
2. Blantons $$$
4. Woodford Reserve $$$
5. Bulleit $$

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
You know when I was in high school I used to listen to Howard Stern on the way to school every morning and I thought he was hilarious. The way he had to skirt the censors is what made the show in my opinion...Just recently I listened to him on satellite radio and it was it wasn't funny at all...I think it was because the show was completely uncensored...That seems to have removed a level of thought to the comedy...There isn't anything fumy about pure vulgarity but a well crafted thought that implies vulgarity is absolutely hilarious.

The bolded part above is the key.

You're using your prefrontal cortex now. You thought poops and fart jokes were sophisticated wit when you weren't.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Tonight I saw over 20 hikers (no exaggeration ), a truck drive through a near by field, 2 mountain bikers, 2 park Rangers walk underneath me and 1 squirrel. The joys of public land.

5 hours of seeing nothing but this view.

IMG_20161014_180352_389_zpsoepdfocv.jpg

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Evan Williams Vintage - challenging for the top spot on my list now. The price point for the 9-10 year aging is unbeatable. Super smooth, rivals the best I've had for single barrel straight bourbons. Never needs ice - it's that smooth.

1. Eagle Rare $$
2. Blantons $$$
4. Woodford Reserve $$$
5. Bulleit $$

if i ever decide to stop drinking i might just buy liqour and use it as cologne to confuse people

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Tonight I saw over 20 hikers (no exaggeration ), a truck drive through a near by field, 2 mountain bikers, 2 park Rangers walk underneath me and 1 squirrel. The joys of public land. 5 hours of seeing nothing but this view.

IMG_20161014_180352_389_zpsoepdfocv.jpg

Looks like a great spot. Wide open shooting lanes, but some cover as well. Which park did you draw?

I've been out about 5 times, seen deer 4 of those times, only 1 buck though (small 6 pointer). Been hoping for that 10 pointer, but that pic I showed from August was his only daylight appearance. I guess living a near completely nocturnal life is how you get to be a 10 pointer in New Jersey. I have one other spot that I need to buy a ladder stand for that's promising too.

Once in a while its also good to give that pre frontal cortex a break.

Fair point.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Made the mistake of going to a pumpkin patch farm today, midafternoon.

Crazy long lines for anything, swarming with people.
Overcrowded parking lot.

Don't people stay home and watch the NFL anymore?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Made the mistake of going to a pumpkin patch farm today, midafternoon.

Crazy long lines for anything, swarming with people.
Overcrowded parking lot.

Don't people stay home and watch the NFL anymore?

I went to one too!

It wasn't too crowded.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com

I will put Knob in the next purchase.

1. Eagle Rare $$
2. Blantons $$$
4. Woodford Reserve $$$
5. Bulleit $$
Impressive!. I have to start going a little higher on the shelf, but the way I drink it, I would be a very poor man quick. I will have to see if the ABC here carries the Vintage. NC is regulated by the state. They can only carry so much, and have a book on what they can get. I know Willet was not on that list. I did find out why the liquor is higher priced here though. They town gets a portion of the money to go to the Education system!! Does that mean liquor consumption can be donation write-off?

So I went all Redneck this weekend!!! The Tour(Knights) of Destruction!!! http://www.tourofdestruction.com/
Experienced so much that I never knew was possible!

1 Started with a Chain Pull race. Never seen this... Take a Beater car, and pull another beater with a a driver in it in neutral. drive laps and just crash into one another.
2. Big rig race#1. big rigs race around the track hauling butt!!! these gues are crazy!
3. Bad news Travels fast monster truck...crushing cars as usual
4. Ski race- Take front wheel drive beaters, remove rear tires and put on rims with a skid plate.... Redneck Drifting they call it. Sparks flying!
4. Car eating fire breathing Dinosaur
5.big rig race #2
6. School Bus race
7. Flagpole Race heat #1- 20 Cars have to do a lap, then circle around a flagpole in order to go the next lap....Crashing everywhere....Then Heat #2
It was now 11 and I had to leave with the young kids, but we missed:
8. Car football
9. Trailer Race-Tie up a 5th wheel and let em fly.
10. Demolition Derby...
Best $60 I spent on the family in a long time.....

And I forgot about a Reverse race!!!! How could I... All the cars drive in Reverse around the track!...

Last edited:

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Picked up one of my longtime favorites, Creature Comfort's Tropicalia. Easily one of the best beers I've ever had. Unbelievable beer brewed close by. Rode out the hurricane with it too last week. If you have a chance to pick it up, it's a can't miss for IPA guys.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Hardly. I'm sure you know how FB tracks what you like so you get similar ads/articles the next time you log on. The same **** happens on sites like Yahoo.

If you aren't careful with what you select, you end up in the same situation.

As much as I've wanted to mute people on both sides of the aisle on FB/Twitter, not doing so allows me to see what both sides are saying.

And they are saying, "NjDEVSFN95 2016"

I should have been more specific. I typically glance at Google news because for any one news item they give you 3-5 links to different outlets.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
I should have been more specific. I typically glance at Google news because for any one news item they give you 3-5 links to different outlets.

I don't even use a login for Yahoo or am logged into Google while using Chrome but even so through cookies and other methods, if I click one link then my next visit to Yahoo/Google will tend to have more of that site.

Unbelievably annoying.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
^These giant tech data companies like AMZN and YHOO and GOOG and FB and TWTR etc.... are becoming frightening.

And now MSFT owning LinkedIn, not really because it's a great company, but because it's a massive repository of information about "you" that can be harvested for marketing data and analytics.

Listening to CNBC this morning, and a lead analyst from Wedbush Morgan was asked if AMZN was a buy here, even at > $800 per share. His answer? And I quote, "Jeff Bezos is Dr. Evil, he wants to take over the world, and he's going to win." Dont bet against him.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Then there's the Wikileaks revelation yesterday that FBI folks were offered a bribe of key positions/salary, to alter emails after they were subpoenaed in a criminal investigation to remove the "Classified" headings from them.

This is more like a Tom Clancy book or something than real life. I feel like I saw a movie similar to this in the 90s that Tom Cruise starred in. lol

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
Just wondering if anyone has seen recently Devils adverting on digital billboards on interstates/highways or in the Gateway Center last night?

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
I saw MMA fighter Mickey Gall walking in the stands on the tv-broadcast of the game. I know hes from the area but didnt know he was a Hockey fan and not certainly a Devils fan. He even wore a white jersey. Didnt catch which one though. Im an instant fan of his.

Mickey Gall against Sage Northcutt will be a good one. :yo:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I saw MMA fighter Mickey Gall walking in the stands on the tv-broadcast of the game. I know hes from the area but didnt know he was a Hockey fan and not certainly a Devils fan. He even wore a white jersey. Didnt catch which one though. Im an instant fan of his.

Mickey Gall against Sage Northcutt will be a good one. :yo:

Maybe he was there to beat up Tie Domi?! Tie looked pretty nervous when they showed him walking around the arena.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad