OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 200: Where does the time go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Another big boy made a cameo appearance at 2:30 am this morning.
IMG_20161008_113020-1_zpszhsbagis.jpg

Whooaa.... big body.

You're lucky. Last night, 7 does, this morning 2 does. Havent seen a buck while hunting this seasons.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I totally want to catch him and make him my pet. I would name him Bob the Buck and teach him how to do simple tricks. I would also pet him and love him and bring him to Devils games.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Whooaa.... big body.

You're lucky. Last night, 7 does, this morning 2 does. Havent seen a buck while hunting this seasons.

Not really. I've only seen one nice buck during day light hours, it just happen to bed down 10 yards in front of me when I didn't have a buck tag - LOL.

I have tons of pictures but most of them around 2 to 3:00 am

That doesn't do anyone any good :laugh:

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Not really. I've only seen one nice buck during day light hours, it just happen to bed down 10 yards in front of me when I didn't have a buck tag - LOL.

I have tons of pictures but most of them around 2 to 3:00 am

That doesn't do anyone any good
:laugh:

The deer likely disagrees.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
If my intern of 4 months asks me a dumb question.....Is it mean of me to say,"do you really need to ask me that question? or could you just measure it yourself?"

What I really wanted to say was "Seriously, I dont effing know,you've been here 4 months... measure the $hit!
And if I have to get up to answer that question, you should go home and not come back!!"

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
If my intern of 4 months asks me a dumb question.....Is it mean of me to say,"do you really need to ask me that question? or could you just measure it yourself?"

What I really wanted to say was "Seriously, I dont effing know,you've been here 4 months... measure the $hit!
And if I have to get up to answer that question, you should go home and not come back!!"

is it a paid intern?

"Why am I paying you if I have to answer that myself?"

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Whomever these Wikileaks hackers are, they're exposing almost unfathomable levels of political corruption and bias among literally the most powerful and esteemed American media organizations.

I mean, I'm a well-known loather of the American media, and even I'm shocked at some of these revelations. Absolutely incestuous and fraudulently corrupt.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Whomever these Wikileaks hackers are, they're exposing almost unfathomable levels of political corruption and bias among literally the most powerful and esteemed American media organizations.

I mean, I'm a well-known loather of the American media, and even I'm shocked at some of these revelations. Absolutely incestuous and fraudulently corrupt.

I've never been more disgusted with the state of our political affairs. It extends to the pop culture, media and general win at all cost atmosphere that has infected all aspects of our society.

People seem to always think the world is going to hell in a hanbasket and generally, I've always believed that was nothing more than dramatics...but we've hit lows that are lower than I could ever possibly fathom.

I don't know how anyone could cast a ballot for any of these candidates in good faith. The only only thing I've learned during this political cycle is that the only real deplorables are the candidates themselves.

Partisanship aside, we need a massive purge. A giant awakening. We should never tolerate anything like this again.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't wanna get too into politics, because I don't really have very strong views anyway.

All I will say about our sad state of political affairs is just take a look at the two nominee's running for office. It's the biggest joke of a presidential election in my lifetime. I've never seen two bigger joke candidates going up against each other.

Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump? That sounds like an election in a fictional satire film. I can see quite a few hilarious movies being made in the future, poking fun at this election. I still can't believe it's real life. Both parties should be ashamed of their respective parties nominee's. Both are joke candidates, I'm embarrassed by them both and am not voting.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don't wanna get too into politics, because I don't really have very strong views anyway.

All I will say about our sad state of political affairs is just take a look at the two nominee's running for office. It's the biggest joke of a presidential election in my lifetime. I've never seen two bigger joke candidates going up against each other.

Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump? Both parties should be ashamed of their respective parties nominee's. Both are joke candidates, I'm embarrassed by them both and am not voting.

Since I could vote in 1988, I've never not voted. I'm almost certain that this will be the first time.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump? That sounds like an election in a fictional satire film.

Sadly it's real life.

Choice 'A' is an evil gangster.
Choice 'B' is an obnoxious buffoon.

We're screwed.

Since I could vote in 1988, I've never not voted. I'm almost certain that this will be the first time.

I'm confident the turnout, adjusted for population growth, will be the lowest in American history. I dont know anyone who's "excited" to vote for either of these Cretans.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I just can't believe what it's come to.

I also cringe by how much time people waste both over arguing about these two candidates and the lengths they go to defend these candidates.

When people on social media unfriend people over different viewpoints, I really wanna cry. And it doesn't have a bearing on me, since I don't use social media sites like facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. I don't think it's wrong to be passionate about politics but people take it too seriously.

To me, I equate that with being as nonsensical as blocking posters on this site that are fans of the Rangers or Flyers, rivals, etc. And it's even more ridiculous than that, since most of us don't really know each other outside of this forum. People on Facebook usually at least know of each other outside of Facebook for the most part. I know there are people with literally 800-1600 friends on there. But I have no care to argue about politics or blast others for having a different opinion. Is it gonna change their views anyway? No.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

What's sad is that it's hardly being reported in mainstream media because of the largely media bias.

At some point people need to wake up and prove that they care more than just the "oh, you make the decision for me".

hutter

Mar 6, 2014
Sadly it's real life.

Choice 'A' is an evil gangster.
Choice 'B' is an obnoxious buffoon.

We're screwed.

I'm confident the turnout, adjusted for population growth, will be the lowest in American history. I dont know anyone who's "excited" to vote for either of these Cretans.

What's even sadder is that I can't even distinguish who's who with your choice A and choice B

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
What's sad is that it's hardly being reported in mainstream media because of the largely media bias.

At some point people need to wake up and prove that they care more than just the "oh, you make the decision for me".

BINGO.

If a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it, does it make a sound.

CNN, New York Times, Washington Post, CNBC, Univision, and others, etc.... all now have been caught red-handed by the hackers, but they obviously have no "motivation" to tell We The People how dirty, corrupt, and politically biased they are.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I get it hasn't gotten partisan YET...but in general it's better if any form of political talk goes here.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160

I really just wanted to talk about society.

I think our elected officials are nothing more than extension of us.

So when you see the most ridiculous displays of humanity rise and become our leaders, it is important to acknowledge we are simply looking in a mirror.

You know, I personally think it stems from unwillingness to say things are wrong and unacceptable. At some point being judgmental and intolerant of certain behaviors and thoughts has become impermissible.

So we can no longer call the dregs of society exactly what they are, we cannot judge crude behavior and we can not have a social standard...because if we do, we are somehow backward thinking and intolerant dolts. And this is what we get when we refuse to call a spade a spade.

We need more shame not less.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I really just wanted to talk about society.

I think our elected officials are nothing more than extension of us.

So when you see the most ridiculous displays of humanity rise and become our leaders, it is important to acknowledge we are simply looking in a mirror.

You know, I personally think it stems from unwillingness to say things are wrong and unacceptable. At some point being judgmental and intolerant of certain behaviors and thoughts has become impermissible.

So we can no longer call the dregs of society exactly what they are, we cannot judge crude behavior and we can not have a social standard...because if we do, we are somehow backward thinking and intolerant dolts. And this is what we get when we refuse to call a spade a spade.

We need more shame not less.

Agree 100%. I'll give a sports world example of this - cursing around children.

When I was a kid (and I'm not that old), if an adult got drunk at a game and cursed around children, practically the entire audience would rise up and police the situation, thinking the offender was low-class scum.

Nowadays, idiots cursing around small children is COMMON at a hockey game or baseball game, and everybody just keeps their mouth shut. I'm sure most people view the person as trash, but nobody says anything.

Even the team's are guilty! People used to get ejected from games due to behaviour reasons, but nowadays pretty much the only way to get ejected is from violent acts like starting a fight.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
is it a paid intern?

"Why am I paying you if I have to answer that myself?"
Yes, She is paid, and quite well for a Co-op....I have had a few face-palms with this one...

As for the political talk, when I watch the debates, I am embarrassed to be an American. I truly am; and find myself watching through the cracks of my fingers in horror and disgust....
I am predicting neither will reach their four years one way or another.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Literally our only hope is that Gary Johnson wins New Mexico and causes a scenario where neither of the two major party candidates gets enough electoral votes. This would send the election to the house and obviously neither of those two would win there.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Everyone should just write in a random name like "Mickey Mouse" on Election Day. If none of us vote for Clinton or Trump, we can't be stuck with either of them, right? :help:

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
All I know is that when I graduate from my Master's Degree in international conflict transformation next year, regardless of who gets elected, I'll have some good job security...

:help: :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad