OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Anyone else get like redirects to other pages and popups on mobile? It only happens on this website and it pisses me off.

I’ve gotten a few to a website that shows very very explicit pictures and asks “are you available in Atlanta?” Happened twice and honestly... I’m not really complaining but it was only when I use the new HFboards.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I used to like Coors Light and Bud Light but I’ve grown to really enjoy a Miller Lite now. I can’t get into all those fancy IPAs and other stuff. Don’t have the right palate for them I guess.

I flipped the other way, from ML to BL when I know I'm going to down a lot or when driving since they are weak.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I flipped the other way, from ML to BL when I know I'm going to down a lot or when driving since they are weak.

That’s one thing I’m petrified of. I know if I’m driving it’s two beers and that’s it. I have this fear of ever even being pulled over if I’ve had anything to do drink even if I know I’m well below the legal BAC.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
That’s one thing I’m petrified of. I know if I’m driving it’s two beers and that’s it. I have this fear of ever even being pulled over if I’ve had anything to do drink even if I know I’m well below the legal BAC.

2 BLs over a few hours and with food have no effect on me.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I used to like Coors Light and Bud Light but I’ve grown to really enjoy a Miller Lite now.

Miller Lite, is, IMO, the best of the cheap, mass produced, beers.

It tastes relatively like beer, and has about the highest alcohol & lowest calorie ratio of any of the light beers to boot.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The site is so laggy on my phone that it sometimes takes minutes to make a simple post. Of course I'm still having to turn off my wi-fi to use the site at work because it's still f***ing blocked on our network for "Adult Content". And as I'm now typing this post on my computer it's laggy as f***. :madfire:

Reactions: Bleedred

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I'll keep saying it until it's fixed:

Having a messageboard, which is basically an obsolete (though still useful) platform, perform this badly in 2017 is embarrassing.

It's the equivalent of rebuilding a Ford Model T in 2017, but somehow making it slower.

Henry Killinger

Sep 25, 2006
Roanoke, VA
The site is so laggy on my phone that it sometimes takes minutes to make a simple post. Of course I'm still having to turn off my wi-fi to use the site at work because it's still ****ing blocked on our network for "Adult Content". And as I'm now typing this post on my computer it's laggy as ****. :madfire:
Same here, still blocked for adult content. Is that not something that can be fixed?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I'll keep saying it until it's fixed:

Having a messageboard, which is basically an obsolete (though still useful) platform, perform this badly in 2017 is embarrassing.

It's the equivalent of rebuilding a Ford Model T in 2017, but somehow making it slower.

seriously. is someone aware of these issues? i’d like to get the feedback to someone that can do something about it.

if there was another devils message board that was this active, i’d be there in a heartbeat. hate to complain but it’s so terrible.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Aside from a pop up every now and then that I just press back from I have zero issues with the new board. I use it solely from my iPhone too.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
seriously. is someone aware of these issues? i’d like to get the feedback to someone that can do something about it.

if there was another devils message board that was this active, i’d be there in a heartbeat. hate to complain but it’s so terrible.

It's not quite as active because it has less users but I still go on www.njdevs.com more than here.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The site is so laggy on my phone that it sometimes takes minutes to make a simple post. Of course I'm still having to turn off my wi-fi to use the site at work because it's still ****ing blocked on our network for "Adult Content". And as I'm now typing this post on my computer it's laggy as ****. :madfire:
I don’t get why it’s telling you guys about adult content. All the profanity on here is filtered anyway haha.

I don’t have any issues when I’m using the site on mobile, but it’s scary bad on desktop.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I've had some chest pains for the last few days. Thought it was a heart condition because I have family history. After a battery of tests, it turns out I have....acid reflux.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've had some chest pains for the last few days. Thought it was a heart condition because I have family history. After a battery of tests, it turns out I have....acid reflux.
Really? I'm glad it's nothing worse than that.

I get acid reflux sometimes, but only after eating either A LOT of food in one day or something that my esophagus area doesn't agree with. I've never had chest pains though, so mine was never that bad. I can count the times that I get it in a year, these days, since it's so infrequent for me.

I do get a nasty burp occasionally, from overeating. I'm not getting it very often, like I did when I was younger, due to poor diet. It's really terrible when I get it though. It's like farting out of your mouth, that's what the burp tastes like. And make sure you don't burp in front of anyone else. I remember doing it right in front of my then-girlfriend's mom, back when I was younger. She didn't hear it, but I'm sure she could smell it. I went and told my girlfriend about it, and she laughed her ass off. I wasn't embarrassed if it happened in front of her, as we were together for a few years by that point and were well past the ''I can't even talk about bodily functions with her'' part of the relationship. A couple of my friends also seem to be familiar with having this burp themselves, so I can't be the only one. I don't even think I get it twice a year anymore, but I used to get it twice a month sometimes.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don’t get why it’s telling you guys about adult content. All the profanity on here is filtered anyway haha.

I don’t have any issues when I’m using the site on mobile, but it’s scary bad on desktop.

Funny enough, it's no longer blocked, so they must have done something. It's also not as laggy on my phone (although my phone has been acting weird lately, so that may have been the actual problem to begin with).

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Funny enough, it's no longer blocked, so they must have done something. It's also not as laggy on my phone (although my phone has been acting weird lately, so that may have been the actual problem to begin with).
I always think that it's my computer, when the site runs poorly on it.

It's running pretty decent right now, but that might be because my computer hasn't been on for an hour yet, which is usually when things start to deteriorate.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Sounds like my last computer. After it ran for like an hour it sounded like it was powering up to blast off into space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad