OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don't see how it could possibly not be laggy unless you use NHL.tv. I bet NHL.tv would sync up pretty well with it actually.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I remember thinking about getting one but i read they are very laggy

I don't see how it could possibly not be laggy unless you use NHL.tv.

I've read a bunch of reviews, and people say it's actually just the opposite. The goal horn and light will go on BEFORE you see the goal scored on TV due to the fact that "live" television usually has about a 5 second delay built in. So there's a setting on the app where you can set a delay on the goal light/horn so that it meshes with the TV provider for your hockey team. If you watch the video I posted above, it's pretty well synced.

These things are relatively new in the US, but apparently they're been in Canada about 4 or 5 years, so my guess is if anyone's seen them it will likely be our Canadian posters. I read an article that was from about a year ago and they've done over 100,000 in Canada, but only about 1,000 in America.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
I've read a bunch of reviews, and people say it's actually just the opposite. The goal horn and light will go on BEFORE you see the goal scored on TV due to the fact that "live" television usually has about a 5 second delay built in. So there's a setting on the app where you can set a delay on the goal light/horn so that it meshes with the TV provider for your hockey team. If you watch the video I posted above, it's pretty well synced.

These things are relatively new in the US, but apparently they're been in Canada about 4 or 5 years, so my guess is if anyone's seen them it will likely be our Canadian posters. I read an article that was from about a year ago and they've done over 100,000 in Canada, but only about 1,000 in America.

TV time delay is funny. I had a friend who lived three houses north of Wrigley Field. If you had the game on and a guy was up at bat, sometimes you'd hear a roar from the stadium before the pitch was even thrown on TV, and you'd know there was a homer coming up.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So this website sucks something fierce now given how long it takes to reply, the mobile version doesn't even load half the time, and scrolling lags as well. Poor transition.
It works fine for me on mobile. That’s the only time it works decent for me. I don’t prefer to use my phone to post, but I will if I just have a quick message to post.

My computer runs horrific when on here though. It lags, it freezes, the kill switch needs to be hit every hour-90 minutes of consecutive use. It also needs to be hit if I let it idle for more than a few minutes. Might just be that the computer sucks, which I learned well over 2 years ago, but this site seems to exacerbate the suckage of it.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
It sucks on every computer I use it on. I can't help but laugh. A message board is so bad that it slows down my computer. In 2017. Unreal.

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
Guys I need some trade advice
I'm in a one year league with points and pim

Should I trade wheeler for pastrnak?

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Guys I need some trade advice
I'm in a one year league with points and pim

Should I trade wheeler for pastrnak?

I wouldn’t. Similar ceiling points wise, Wheeler has a much larger sample size though but the tipping point for me is PIMs since they count. That’s where Wheeler>Pastrnak for fantasy purposes.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
It works fine for me on mobile. That’s the only time it works decent for me. I don’t prefer to use my phone to post, but I will if I just have a quick message to post.

My computer runs horrific when on here though. It lags, it freezes, the kill switch needs to be hit every hour-90 minutes of consecutive use. It also needs to be hit if I let it idle for more than a few minutes. Might just be that the computer sucks, which I learned well over 2 years ago, but this site seems to exacerbate the suckage of it.
It's certainly not your computer. it's mandatory.com.

Reactions: Bleedred

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Catalans declare independence again...You would think after like the third time they would realize it is not going to go well for them...

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's certainly not your computer. it's mandatory.com.
I've turned off the adobe reader plugin, which has at least helped a little bit.

This computer is definitely a dumpster fire. I've tried to like your post 25 times (LOL I wonder if you'll get 25 notifications for this?) and it keeps double clicking to where it goes right back to not being liked. I'm not paying hundreds after this, for another computer that isn't gonna last me 4 years, like the last couple I've had, and this one might not make it 3 years.

For all the faults my iphone has (like the other party not being able to hear me unless I put them on speakerphone) the internet experience is not one of them.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I don't get why they would want to do this

Why not?

They never wanted to be part of Spain in the first place, many speak their own language, and insult to injury their economy is better than much of the rest of Spain's so their $$$ is taxed to subsidize the larger nation.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Why not?

They never wanted to be part of Spain in the first place, many speak their own language, and insult to injury their economy is better than much of the rest of Spain's so their $$$ is taxed to subsidize the larger nation.

This is all true, but it still will never happen. I have a few friends from Spain and say it will never happen due to Spain, the EU, and the UN will not allow it. They are too important.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
It simply doesn't lend itself to the proper buzz-phrase nomenclature

Catalonexit? Catalexit? Not happening, we just can't make it work

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Spanish Goverment has already shown what they think of this on Election Day.

It really depends on what the EU does, and I doubt they are going to back Catalonia.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This is all true, but it still will never happen. I have a few friends from Spain and say it will never happen due to Spain, the EU, and the UN will not allow it. They are too important.

Well that's not exactly "freedom" is it?

If a geographical entity truly wishes to separate & form its' own country, they should probably be allowed to, especially if that geography doesn't exist completely inside the larger country.

Quebec had a similar thing about 15 years ago, but:
A) The majority of Quebecois wanted to remain a part of Canada so it's a moot point to begin with
B) Even if they didn't, that instance doesn't seem feasible as it would separate N.S., N.B., P.E.I. etc.. from the rest of Canada

But Catalonia could easily be independent and do no harm to the rest of Spain's borders.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
The last opinion poll in July showed that 49% of Catalonians didn't want to secede, 41% did, rest abstained. And when they vote, the Nos tend to stay home in protest. And the last election was so disrupted by the Spanish government actually and openly trying to shut it down - the whole situation is a mess. Voting in it was literally illegal - so the Nos stayed home.

Good read: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...collision-course-with-spain-independence-vote

It's an extremely messy situation and both sides are being rather stupid.

Reactions: Darkauron

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So is there really not a single person among all these rabid hockey fans who has a Budweiser Red Light?

promo2.jpg

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
The Spanish Goverment has already shown what they think of this on Election Day.

It really depends on what the EU does, and I doubt they are going to back Catalonia.

No chance they would do that. There would be no reason to privilege a breakaway region over an EU member in good standing.

This could get very messy though. The Spanish government has not handled this very well and now they are in a situation where neither side can back down safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad