OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
What a beautiful fall morning. A little frost on the car at 5:00am and a glorious sun rise. Perfect day

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Woke up a little after six today, took a shower, partook in my morning ritual, and took my time to work, showing up about 45 minutes earlier.

Feels much nicer than waking up at 750, showering, and leaving by 820/830 only to be 20 minutes late

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
It's a shell of it's former self, though. With yourself and Saugus returning, perhaps it can made a bit of a comeback. Needs more Abo though...

Don't count on me for much. I'll be around more this season than I have been the last few, but not quite as active as before.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Kilonova discovery has been fascinating to read about.

Basically we have observed the collusion of two Neutron Stars. It created gravitional waves, and created elements like gold.

Just cool stuff.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
The Kilonova discovery has been fascinating to read about.

Basically we have observed the collusion of two Neutron Stars. It created gravitional waves, and created elements like gold.

Just cool stuff.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Emperoreddy

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I’m surprised the Sabres fans haven’t tried to mess up their spelling with likes of their own.

That’s great though :laugh:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Any of the computer folks here know why sometimes my Firefox races to between 2M and 4M K and slows down? What could be causing that?

It gets so bad that sometimes I have to ctrl-alt-delete to open the task manager and kill it manually from the "Processes" tab.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Any of the computer folks here know why sometimes my Firefox races to between 2M and 4M K and slows down? What could be causing that?

It gets so bad that sometimes I have to ctrl-alt-delete to open the task manager and kill it manually from the "Processes" tab.

I’m not sure but I’ve noticed Firefox can be pretty unstable from time to time. Especially if they just updated it.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey

Did firefox update recently for you? The newer update that came out a few weeks ago did that for me. Had to uninstall it and install a newer version and disable updates. That fixed my issue at least.

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
My Firefox did this weird thing where it stopped registering my right clicks. I would have to close Firefox and restore my session if i wanted to right click.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Here's another question for the computer wonks we have on here.

So I get a letter in the mail today from Comcast, basically telling me that my modem is crap and that I should get a new one (no, really, that's pretty much basically what it said).

Cant say I've ever got anything like this before in the mail, so I'm wondering if it's partially sales scam/tactic or if they have a legit point.

My Motorola SB6121 is 4 years old, and has a maximum transmission speed rated at 195 Mbps and a Data Transfer Rate of 1 Gbps (specs below).

Is that crap and not up to 2017 quality?

https://www.cnet.com/products/motorola-surfboard-sb6121/specs/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->