OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
I am really against the H1B visa program, but I don't really want to get that debate fired up lol

I didn't know 2 weeks for every year was a severance package standard. That'll be a good year of fishing for you lol

The program needs to get significantly more attention than it is. I get Americans do not want the manual jobs typically associated with immigrants. I do not buy that regarding well paying tech jobs that allow the H1-B employees to live near the waterfront in JC.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
The program needs to get significantly more attention than it is. I get Americans do not want the manual jobs typically associated with immigrants. I do not buy that regarding well paying tech jobs that allow the H1-B employees to live near the waterfront in JC.

My brother has an engineering degree from a very prestigious university, he cannot find a job in that field. They all go to people on those visas. It is very flawed.

Reactions: Brick City

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
There is not a single thing that has contributed more to wage stagnation than H1B.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

This is so oft-repeated it's believed due to familiarity, but it's completely false and counter to economic theory. Trust me, if you paid more money to pick apples, "Americans" would pick apples.

Now, would the market price of apples go from.... say $1.89/pound to perhaps $2.49/pound? Absolutely.

Reactions: VaxjoDevil and tr83

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
I was driving down RT27 and I noticed a new restaurant opened, El Toro Loco in Kendall Park. I stopped in and found that they have 80 tequilas in the the bar. After 2 hours of tasting I'm not sure if I can stay awake for a Montreal game.

Ahh a fellow lover of that fine spirit, did you get a chance to try any casa azul?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Ahh a fellow lover of that fine spirit, did you get a chance to try any casa azul?
I had mostly mezcals.

I had a flight of Del Maguey

I had a flight with Del Maguey Chichicapa, Del Maguey Minero, Del Maguey San Luis Del Rio.

Then I had couple other mezcals. Things got fuzzy after that :)

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
I had mostly mezcals.

I had a flight of Del Maguey

I had a flight with Del Maguey Chichicapa, Del Maguey Minero, Del Maguey San Luis Del Rio.

Then I had couple other mezcals. Things got fuzzy after that :)

I'm a fan of mezcals, though it's rare to find someone else who enjoys them ahah I had a shot of Casa Azul Reposado in Tampa over new years, one of the best tasting tequila's i've ever had

Reactions: Aethon

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm a fan of mezcals, though it's rare to find someone else who enjoys them ahah I had a shot of Casa Azul Reposado in Tampa over new years, one of the best tasting tequila's i've ever had
I am not sure if I ever had it? I'd have to ask my wife. Usually don't remember much of the prior days events when tequila was involved :) But I will definitely look for it and try it.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
clase-azul-tequila-reposado-mexico-10491580.jpg

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Looking at their menu they have it for $22 a shot
Clase Azul Reposado

$11 (1 oz.) / $22 (2 oz.)

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Oh and I had a spectacular cigar yesterday. Oliva Serie V Melanio. One of the best I have ever had, to my taste anyway.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
So as some of you may recall I left for Florida last night. With the exception of crossing the Delaware Memorial Bridge and the parking lot that it was on the other side at 830 at night, we went straight through minus two stops for gas and two for bathroom. Two Red Bull’s and two coffees almost got me all the way through but I tapped out for a 20 minute power nap around 100 miles away from Georgia. Made it in a total of 17 hours and 45 minutes with the bridge fiasco causing the only delay. Kids were awesome for it as well, fell asleep at 730ish and slept until 6. I expect heading home to be world war 3 though.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
So as some of you may recall I left for Florida last night. With the exception of crossing the Delaware Memorial Bridge and the parking lot that it was on the other side at 830 at night, we went straight through minus two stops for gas and two for bathroom. Two Red Bull’s and two coffees almost got me all the way through but I tapped out for a 20 minute power nap around 100 miles away from Georgia. Made it in a total of 17 hours and 45 minutes with the bridge fiasco causing the only delay. Kids were awesome for it as well, fell asleep at 730ish and slept until 6. I expect heading home to be world war 3 though.
Having a portable DVD player would help with that immensely.

*signed former kid who got through long car trips to Florida with portable dvd player*

Reactions: Darkauron

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
So I’m in south Florida visiting the parents and I tweet at T-Mobile about how terrible their service has been down here and their response is to ask my to fill out a thing giving them complete access to my twitter account and telling me to restart my phone. I understand my parents being cheap and not wanting to pay for at&t anymore but epic lulz on this.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
So I’m in south Florida visiting the parents and I tweet at T-Mobile about how terrible their service has been down here and their response is to ask my to fill out a thing giving them complete access to my twitter account and telling me to restart my phone. I understand my parents being cheap and not wanting to pay for at&t anymore but epic lulz on this.

What the f***? That is creepy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad