OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
So I’m in south Florida visiting the parents and I tweet at T-Mobile about how terrible their service has been down here and their response is to ask my to fill out a thing giving them complete access to my twitter account and telling me to restart my phone. I understand my parents being cheap and not wanting to pay for at&t anymore but epic lulz on this.

Do you have a link to that form? I'd love to take a look at it.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
So I’m in south Florida visiting the parents and I tweet at T-Mobile about how terrible their service has been down here and their response is to ask my to fill out a thing giving them complete access to my twitter account and telling me to restart my phone. I understand my parents being cheap and not wanting to pay for at&t anymore but epic lulz on this.

Talk about invasion of privacy

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
That’s what they wanted me to do. I changed my password and signed into it so we’ll see what happens. Having 1 bar is extremely tedious.

I wouldn't have given them my login info period and I would at the very least have created a fake Twitter for them to do this.... What would they have had you do if you don't have Twitter? Did you call whatever tech support they have first?

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
That’s what they wanted me to do. I changed my password and signed into it so we’ll see what happens. Having 1 bar is extremely tedious.

You didn't need to change your password. Oauth is a system to allow the other user to connect to your account without knowing your password.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
So I guess they can't? If not, why did they think they could?

But I would not be surprised if that guy did have weed. I mean, I bet the trooper did indeed smell it.

Which goes back to the need for the weed breathalizer. A lot of money to be made for any inventors out there.

No they aren't allowed to search someone like this and I'm more surprised they would even want to but it seemed like they didn't want to be proved wrong from watching the video.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
“If you think this is the worst I’m going to do, you have another thing coming, my friend.”

This is what one of them actually said to the guy when they were just checking his pockets an first.

It's ridiculous how much power some of these people have when they shouldn't have any. These two were morons. I'm not saying all cops are bad, they aren't and I have a bunch of friends and family on different police forces and they all thought this was ridiculous too.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
No they aren't allowed to search someone like this and I'm more surprised they would even want to but it seemed like they didn't want to be proved wrong from watching the video.
My guess is, they weren't wrong. Those guys probably were smoking.

But as a cop, why do an illegal search even if you are 100% sure that guy has weed under his balls? It's only going to get thrown out anyway.

Probably goes to show how often illegal searches are conducted but never reported.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
My guess is, they weren't wrong. Those guys probably were smoking.

But as a cop, why do an illegal search even if you are 100% sure that guy has weed under his balls? It's only going to get thrown out anyway.

Probably goes to show how often illegal searches are conducted but never reported.

Because these two and especially the guy who did the search is a class a douche bag.

Here's the whole video if anyone wants to see it, the guy actually had the nerve to tell the driver that "if you actually think I'm being unprofessional here's my name and badge number" and also as he's leaving says "I hope you get a lot of hits on YouTube" this guy should be fired immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->