OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Chick-Fil-A is hands down the best fast food, it's like 4-star food compared to the rest.

The most amazing thing about Chick-Fil-A, however, is whatever the hell their HR practices are. It doesnt matter where you go in the country, the people that work there are amazingly friendly, have attention to detail, REALLY seem to care about their work/job (which is flabberghastingly stunning, I mean, it's fast food), and are genuinely at least somewhat intelligent. I dont know how they do it.

EDIT: Also agree the omission of Checkers from the bracket is dumb.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
No one should be surprised with how much data these companies have on everyone. They all do it

Yes, but did you read the article? I agree with the above, yet even I found some of it shocking. Like how they use your phone to log every store, museum, restaurant, tourist destination you visit etc... and keep that data forever, making a profile on you. I knew they kept those profiles, I just didnt realize they also log EVERY website you've ever visited and physical places you've been. They even know if you drive 55 or tend to be a speeder.

I imagine if you switched all your IP addresses, phone, and phone number, that would all be lost. Though I'm not ever sure that's accurate, or even truly realistic. For instance, I couldnt do that unless I ditched my work computer, because even if they can tie that one IP to you, then they then "find" all your new computers and phones, etc..

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Yes, but did you read the article? I agree with the above, yet even I found some of it shocking. Like how they use your phone to log every store, museum, restaurant, tourist destination you visit etc... and keep that data forever, making a profile on you. I knew they kept those profiles, I just didnt realize they also log EVERY website you've ever visited and physical places you've been. They even know if you drive 55 or tend to be a speeder.

I imagine if you switched all your IP addresses, phone, and phone number, that would all be lost. Though I'm not ever sure that's accurate, or even truly realistic. For instance, I couldnt do that unless I ditched my work computer, because even if they can tie that one IP to you, then they then "find" all your new computers and phones, etc..

Oh yeah I know all of the stuff like that already, but I'm glad articles like this are coming out to make people more aware. People are so afraid about the government knowing everything about you, but in reality it is just google and the other big companies that do the job for them these days.

I always tell my friends that anything and everything you've ever done and do on the internet is being stored some where by someone to try to make money or endless other possibilities.

All of these big companies try to say they care about protecting your data and privacy, but I can tell you from a few friends that have worked a bit in the industry, that they dont give to shits about any of that at all. Big brother is watching over you now more than ever. And is only going to get worse.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I've heard rumors that my company might be significantly cutting IT staff world wide. Severance sounds like Severson... that's probably why I like him so much.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
All of these big companies try to say they care about protecting your data and privacy, but I can tell you from a few friends that have worked a bit in the industry, that they dont give to ****s about any of that at all. Big brother is watching over you now more than ever. And is only going to get worse.

Selling your data is FB's entire business model. It's a decent chunk of GOOG too.

Reactions: tr83 and Darkauron

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Chick-Fil-A is hands down the best fast food, it's like 4-star food compared to the rest.

The most amazing thing about Chick-Fil-A, however, is whatever the hell their HR practices are. It doesnt matter where you go in the country, the people that work there are amazingly friendly, have attention to detail, REALLY seem to care about their work/job (which is flabberghastingly stunning, I mean, it's fast food), and are genuinely at least somewhat intelligent. I dont know how they do it.

I like it a lot too.

I'll probably go tomorrow to their Woodbridge location

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

njdevils1982's chickens dislike this.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I've heard rumors that my company might be significantly cutting IT staff world wide. Severance sounds like Severson... that's probably why I like him so much.

You'll get it as long as you train your H1B visa replacement when your company says that they can't find enough "talent"

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
You'll get it as long as you train your H1B visa replacement when your company says that they can't find enough "talent"

I have actually watched it happen on many occasions.

Most departments are already 5 to 1.
5 H1B contractors to 1 employee.

Im in my 19th year, I would like to make it to 20. Either way, if the 2 weeks for every year of service holds true, I wouldn't be terribly upset with getting paid for almost a year without working.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I have actually watched it happen on many occasions.

Most departments are already 5 to 1.
5 H1B contractors to 1 employee.

Im in my 19th year, I would like to make it to 20. Either way, if the 2 weeks for every year of service holds true, I wouldn't be terribly upset with getting paid for almost a year without working.

I am really against the H1B visa program, but I don't really want to get that debate fired up lol

I didn't know 2 weeks for every year was a severance package standard. That'll be a good year of fishing for you lol

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I didn't know 2 weeks for every year was a severance package standard.

I dont know what the "standard" is, but when a bunch of us were let go from C.I.B., they gave us 3 weeks for each year with the company, so stuff like that definitely happens.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I was driving down RT27 and I noticed a new restaurant opened, El Toro Loco in Kendall Park. I stopped in and found that they have 80 tequilas in the the bar. After 2 hours of tasting I'm not sure if I can stay awake for a Montreal game.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
I was driving down RT27 and I noticed a new restaurant opened, El Toro Loco in Kendall Park. I stopped in and found that they have 80 tequilas in the the bar. After 2 hours of tasting I'm not sure if I can stay awake for a Montreal game.

Wait, you tasted tequila for 2 hours, then...drove home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad