OT: The Thread About Nada Thing Part 202 (Not Much going on these days) Pfffffft

Status
Not open for further replies.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Oh, you're going to find it's a wee-bit more involved than that. Those people can be flipping crazy.

You can get a human baby from India easier than you can get a canine puppy from Indiana.

I've heard the horror stories, but it went fairly straightforward. Most of the intense stuff was done before that - (background check with our vet, character references, called our landlord).

The lady came in, cursed that we had a bigger apartment than her in the same neighborhood, made sure we didn't have chainsaws and grenades laying around, and it got approved.

We just need to pay the adoption fee and we're getting the little fella shortly. Probably gonna be in a week-ish since I'm going out of town next weekend.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The lady came in, cursed that we had a bigger apartment than her in the same neighborhood, made sure we didn't have chainsaws and grenades laying around, and it got approved.

Congrats, that's good to hear, because some of those people are certifiable wack-jobs that should be the ones confined to a cage when unsupervised.

Post a pic of the new pup once you get him/her.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Tweaked my knee pretty good last night. Inside of the knee, on the side, but more towards the back. Was able to skate through it, and was walking pretty good last night, but I am hobbling big time today.

Edit: actually looks the Medial collateral ligament. the ole MCL.

The lateral cruciate ligament is the outside of the knee.

Last edited:

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
My puppy comes to his forever home on Sunday!

We got to meet him at the foster place on Tuesday. He's a shy little guy, but so super calm and nice. I just hung out and petted him for like an hour (And then got some great pizza in Bay Ridge!) What we're gathering is that he was from a breeder, who discovered that he had wonky back legs, so they dumped him on a beach in Puerto Rico where apparently a lot of unwanted dogs get dumped.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/25/living/sato-project-dead-dog-beach-puerto-rico/

That's the organization we adopted him from.

He's a shih tzu, completely healthy except for his slightly wonky back legs; that's more aesthetic than anything. His current name is Bobby, but we're renaming him to Donut.

So excited!

dvaF3VR.jpg

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
My puppy comes to his forever home on Sunday!

We got to meet him at the foster place on Tuesday. He's a shy little guy, but so super calm and nice. I just hung out and petted him for like an hour (And then got some great pizza in Bay Ridge!) What we're gathering is that he was from a breeder, who discovered that he had wonky back legs, so they dumped him on a beach in Puerto Rico where apparently a lot of unwanted dogs get dumped.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/25/living/sato-project-dead-dog-beach-puerto-rico/

That's the organization we adopted him from.

He's a shih tzu, completely healthy except for his slightly wonky back legs; that's more aesthetic than anything. His current name is Bobby, but we're renaming him to Donut.

So excited!

dvaF3VR.jpg

Cute dog!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's only 85 here and high is supposed to be 89 or something. I'm guessing it's one of those random weeks in the Spring where the highs in the Northeast are more than Florida?

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
It's only 85 here and high is supposed to be 89 or something. I'm guessing it's one of those random weeks in the Spring where the highs in the Northeast are more than Florida?

It's 88 where I am but very humid (and we didn't have much of a spring, just jumped from rainy weather into summer weather so we probably aren't adjusting well to sudden temperature shift). Fortunately where I work we have compensated for the humidity by running the AC at such a level that it is like a freezer in my office. I have my personal space heater and sweater on so that I don't become an icicle. :help:

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
It's 88 where I am but very humid (and we didn't have much of a spring, just jumped from rainy weather into summer weather so we probably aren't adjusting well to sudden temperature shift). Fortunately where I work we have compensated for the humidity by running the AC at such a level that it is like a freezer in my office. I have my personal space heater and sweater on so that I don't become an icicle. :help:

Must be nice. My work is a sauna

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The room where I mostly work in does not have AC.:help:

I'm right on the water at work though, so I do get a nice Gulf breeze with the window open.

My post-work routine usually is going home and cranking the AC and taking a nap or jumping in the pool.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
The room where I mostly work in does not have AC.:help:

I'm right on the water at work though, so I do get a nice Gulf breeze with the window open.

My post-work routine usually is going home and cranking the AC and taking a nap or jumping in the pool.

Good that you have a Gulf breeze but I don't know how you make it through Florida days without AC. I think I would faint. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad