OT: The Thread About Nada Thing Part 202 (Not Much going on these days) Pfffffft

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Apparently there is a one-eyed horse in the Kentucky Derby this year. Kind of hope the horse wins. Would be a triumph for one-eyed horses everywhere. ;)

Ironically his name is Patch.

I say, ironically, not because my grasp of English is on par with Alanis Morisette, but because he was named before he lost his eye.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm going with a longshot today with Practical Joke @ 30-1.

When it's a muddy wet track and there's 20 horses running (i.e. low odds of picking the winner), you might as well pick a bit of a longshot anyway.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
18278796_10113731679925244_684729917920192298_o.jpg

This was a pretty fun build. I never work off of plans, so figuring out the drawer was a bit of a challenge. Otherwise, a relatively easy project. The soft close tracks are really nice. I do wish the stain would have taken better to the front and side panels. Not really sure what happened there as I meticulously pre-conditioned them.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

This was a pretty fun build. I never work off of plans, so figuring out the drawer was a bit of a challenge. Otherwise, a relatively easy project. The soft close tracks are really nice. I do wish the stain would have taken better to the front and side panels. Not really sure what happened there as I meticulously pre-conditioned them.

Cool, very nice.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Looks pretty darn good I think.

I'm lazy and have no manly tool skills though, so when I need furniture I pay the Amish.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Still looks very nice.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I was once a carpenter and this is better than anything I could do.

Although I did it for pay and wanted nothing to do with it when I got home. :P

I recall you constructed something else in the past. Was it a shelf? It's been a while but it was also better than anything I could do that wasn't work related!

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I was once a carpenter and this is better than anything I could do.

Although I did it for pay and wanted nothing to do with it when I got home. :P

I recall you constructed something else in the past. Was it a shelf? It's been a while but it was also better than anything I could do that wasn't work related!

Thanks! I've got a very long way to go with this stuff. I'm no carpenter and I'd never pretend to be one. I do like working on stuff like this, though.

I made a fish tank stand recently, that's probably what you're thinking of. My brother asked me to build a big fishing rod rack recently which is probably my next project.

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I love wood (I chuckled typing that)

I want a desk made out of a raw slab of wood for my fly tying desk. But they are so expensive it's almost unjustifiable.

Pretty sweet though.

Black-walnut-slab-desk-1_zpsmhiushf7.jpg

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I love wood (I chuckled typing that)

I want a desk made out of a raw slab of wood for my fly tying desk. But they are so expensive it's almost unjustifiable.

Pretty sweet though.

Black-walnut-slab-desk-1_zpsmhiushf7.jpg

All the men on my mothers side of the family seem to have a knack for this kind of thing. My uncle built a beautiful wooden coffee table similar to that with a very rough cut slab of wood (I don't know what kind, but it was a hell of a large tree), and it was all held together with wood pegs. It's in the attic at my moms house now as it doesn't fit her style, but I hope to get my hands on it one day.

Anyway, one day I'm going to really figure this golf thing out. Granted it was rainy and very cold all day today, and footing was tough, but I had a seven hole stretch that went Par, Par, Par, Par, Triple Bogey, Par, Double Bogey. My mental game is such a disaster that I have a terrible time trying to recover from a bad shot. At the very least it destroys the hole. Sometimes several holes.

Last edited:

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
A friend of mine was hired to design a concert poster for Metallica. He wasn't allowed to let us know which one he did and show us until the show was over. Well, since it was tonight in Philly, he finally showed us.

Gonna have to get one from him.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
We heard back on a different rescue dog, and today they're sending someone from the shelter to our apartment to basically make sure we aren't running like a dog trafficking business.

He's a chubby shih tzu who was abandoned on a beach and his back legs are a little wonky. I love him already. I can't wait!

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
We heard back on a different rescue dog, and today they're sending someone from the shelter to our apartment to basically make sure we aren't running like a dog trafficking business.

Oh, you're going to find it's a wee-bit more involved than that. Those people can be flipping crazy.

You can get a human baby from India easier than you can get a canine puppy from Indiana.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Oh, you're going to find it's a wee-bit more involved than that. Those people can be flipping crazy.

You can get a human baby from India easier than you can get a canine puppy from Indiana.

The "shelter" down by me is borderline impossible to adopt pets from. Between house visits and vet checks and everything it's turn many people off. Fortunately there are several rescue agencies around that are much easier to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad