Status
Not open for further replies.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Trent Cull was on 1040 today:

TSN Radio Vancouver‏Verified account @TSN1040 9m9 minutes ago
Cull on Demko:
"He's done a great job. This is such a development tool, to see your players, your prospects, play in these pressure situations. I think Thatcher has done a fantastic job with that. He's given us a chance to win every night."

"I think this is the perfect situation for your prospects. And Thatcher is doing a great job handling it, mentally and physically. Hopefully the longer we go, the more experience it gives him and the other #Canucks prospects"

Cull on Dahlen:
"I like his hockey sense. He's got a plan with the puck, before he's got the puck. And to think ahead like that, it's fantastic. He's a guy offensively, he moves and gets into the holes quick. And he's a good forechecker, there's no fear in his game."

"I've really liked his development over the year. Where he was at the start of the year, playing some exhibition games with us, and coming back to us...it's been a great year for him. He's really added to our team."

Cull on Lind:
"The pace is way faster (than junior). So for a kid to come out of junior and to jump into pro hockey at this level, right now, this is a huge adjustment."

Cull: AHL playoffs a perfect situation for Canucks prospects

those are good takes

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Wed April 25 (late, but for completeness!)

AHL Playoffs

Toronto 2 Utica 5
Demko 35 saves on 37 shots

Reid Boucher (1) ASST: Dylan Blujus (1), Nikolay Goldobin (3) (PP)
Wacey Hamilton (1) ASST: Michael Carcone (2), Jonathan Dahlen (1)
Cole Cassels (1) ASST: None
Tyler Motte (1) ASST: Wacey Hamilton (1), Jalen Chatfield (1)
Cole Cassels (2) ASST: Nikolay Goldobin (4), Carter Bancks (1) (EN)

Comets trail series 1-2

S_C

Last edited:

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Pettersson hopes for Dahlin to Vancouver: "Almost too good to be true"
Friday, April 27, 2018 at. 00:34

Elias Pettersson is preparing to make a debut in Tre Kronor. At the same time, he is expecting the NHL draft lottery this weekend where he has Vancouver Canucks's chance to get the first choice and then choose Rasmus Dahlin. "If we get Rasmus Dahlin, it's almost too good to be true," he told Sportbladet.

Hem - Hockeymagasinet

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Hasek and Roy are, arguably, the two greatest goalies of all time. Damn straight they’re both generational.

Personally, I’d take Hasek over Roy... but I sure wouldn’t cry if I got “stuck with” Roy.
That's cool, but seeing as this is the prospects thread and they are both retired, they are about as far from being prospects as one can get.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Well, if you read back a page and saw that it’s been a topic on this board for a few days, you might be fortunate enough to avoid being both a mod and a topic nazi.

* awaits ban*
Mods are topic Nazis. It's part of what we do here.

The other option is having just have one catch-all thread in the Canucks forum: GDTs, prospects, Utica, fantasy, BC Lions, management - literally every topic you see on every page of HFCanucks all in one thread. You would never get another warning to stay on topic. You want that or do you guys want to stay on topic?

Last edited:
Reactions: Charles Bushman

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Fri April 27

AHL Playoffs

Toronto 2 Utica 5
Demko 40 saves on 42 shots

Reid Boucher (2) ASST: Cam Darcy (1), Nikolay Goldobin (5)
Tanner MacMaster (1) ASST: Patrick Wiercioch (2), Michael Carcone (3)
Reid Boucher (3) ASST: Nikolay Goldobin (6), Cam Darcy (2)
Michael Carcone (1) ASST: Patrick Wiercioch (3), Tanner MacMaster (3) (PP)
Tyler Motte (2) ASST: Cole Cassels (1), Dylan Blujus (2)

Series tied 2-2

S_C

Reactions: lindgren

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Goldy looking good. Hopefully the defensive side of his game carries over to next years and he commits to playing both ways. This could be his last chance with the Canucks and he's definitely got the offensive skills that the club needs.

Reactions: travis scott

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Goldy got a cut in his mouth last night. maybe if he actually put his mouth guard in his mouth instead of just chewing on one end with the majority of it hanging out of his mouth he wouldn't have that cut. Some guys are just so dumb when it comes to the mouth guards.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
All mouth guards do is protect you from chipping your teeth. Considering how many pro hockey players actually have all their teeth, who cares really. Do what's comfortable.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Actually no. Mouthguards prevent vibration during a collision. Vibrations that travel to the brain that could cause concussions or brain trauma.

Thank you for that. I didn't want to have to post that fact. I always unintentionally seem to be on the opposite end in all conversations with that guy.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
The Oliver Wahlstrom bandwagon = population me.

Been watching tapes of Wahlstrom with some lotion beside me. This kids the real deal. To be honest, I’m not even sure that he’ll be available at 7.

I realize the Canucks are in dire need of an offensive minded defensemen, but they could also use a LW’er. This kid will fit like a glove with Virtanen.

If Wahlstrom is available, take him. f*** Bouchard, Dobson, Boqvist, and Hughes.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Filip Zadina:

I just want to go on record stating that I think Zadina will be the Brett Connolly/Jesse Puliujarvi of this draft. While I’m not prepared to say that Zadina will be a complete bust, I do think that many others drafted below him (and above him) will greatly outperform him for the first few years.

I think Zadina will possibly develop into a half decent 2nd line player, but I don’t see him being the first line sniper that many peg him to be.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Nov 19, 2007
Filip Zadina:

I just want to go on record stating that I think Zadina will be the Brett Connolly/Jesse Puliujarvi of this draft. While I’m not prepared to say that Zadina will be a complete bust, I do think that many others drafted below him (and above him) will greatly outperform him for the first few years.

I think Zadina will possibly develop into a half decent 2nd line player, but I don’t see him being the first line sniper that many peg him to be.

You know this is the wrong thread for this, right?

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
Filip Zadina:

Far too early to lump Pulj in with Connolly.

His underlying numbers were solid considering his usage last season. With more minutes and a surrounding cast that doesn’t underachieve as bad as 17/18, he’ll have better production.

Also, it’s the right thread.

Reactions: R0bert0 Lu0ng0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad