Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lockwood the completely forgotten prospect.....a couple of shoulder surgeries will do that to a player.....big year for him coming up.....has to stay healthy and put some points in Michigan. Plays with kind of reckless abandon, which leads to injuries. Hopefully he can learn to picks his spots.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Lockwood the completely forgotten prospect.....a couple of shoulder surgeries will do that to a player.....big year for him coming up.....has to stay healthy and put some points in Michigan. Plays with kind of reckless abandon, which leads to injuries. Hopefully he can learn to picks his spots.
Yeah hopefully he was one of my fave prospects until the injuries starting piling up. Kinda a long shot now but still rooting for the guy he just loves the Canucks too which is interesting cause hes from Detroit or something like that

Mudshark50

Nov 25, 2005
NorthVancouver
Yeah hopefully he was one of my fave prospects until the injuries starting piling up. Kinda a long shot now but still rooting for the guy he just loves the Canucks too which is interesting cause hes from Detroit or something like that

I thought one of the Nuck Pundits tweeted he wasn't signing with us (at least this year).

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I thought one of the Nuck Pundits tweeted he wasn't signing with us (at least this year).

He is going back to Michigan for the 2018-19 season. After his injury shortened 2nd year it only makes sense that he goes back to try and push his value back up.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
I wouldn’t count Lockwood out just yet. It’s devastating for him to loose a year plus in development, but if any prospect has the drive and determination to get back in form, its him.

He was having a stellar game in the outdoor match before he got hurt. Broke in alone and rang one off the post. An electric player.

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
I wouldn’t count Lockwood out just yet. It’s devastating for him to loose a year plus in development, but if any prospect has the drive and determination to get back in form, its him.

He was having a stellar game in the outdoor match before he got hurt. Broke in alone and rang one off the post. An electric player.
Yeah really hoping for Locky i think he could jump in in 2019-20 if he remains healthy next season and continues to develop positively

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Scott Wheeler puts Gaudette and Boeser in the first round of his 2015 redraft.

Gaudette, Boeser, Baertschi (2015 2nd), Brisebois and Jasek as the haul from that draft.
The real interesting "re-draft' would be last year's (2017).....based on his draft plus one year, there's no way Pettersson would fall below second overall...and Kole Lind would have gone between 20-25 in the first round for sure.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
The real interesting "re-draft' would be last year's (2017).....based on his draft plus one year, there's no way Pettersson would fall below second overall...and Kole Lind would have gone between 20-25 in the first round for sure.
Dipi and Brassard would be risers too :yo:

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I doubt it re: Lind.
Who are the 7-12 players he would have passed

Reactions: Ryp37

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Lind might actually drop if anything.

Pettersson would probably be top-3.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Gaudette, Boeser, Baertschi (2015 2nd), Brisebois and Jasek as the haul from that draft.
Yes, 2015 just shows you what a crap-shoot the draft really is, and how it takes at least three seasons to figure out of you've scored or flopped.

Gaudette, Boeser and Baertschi already in the NHL and Canucks seem convinced Brisebois will be on their blueline sooner rather than later. That leaves Jasek, who opened a lot of eyes in Utica late in the year. So 2015 could end up being almost as good as Jimbo's 2017 draft and they didn't have a single pick in the top-20 that year.

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
That Patrickustan guy PHI drafted might merit consideration. Or is he a bust in your eyes already, like Puljujarvi?

Too early to gauge where Nolan Patrick is, but I believe that Pettersson will be the superior player. I don’t recall saying that Puljiu is a bust. I just don’t think Piljiu will be a superstar player like a Laine or Matthews, and I also don’t think that Puljiujarvi will be as inpressive as Matthew Tkachuk.

I think Puljiu will be a decent 2nd line player one day, but nothing more than that.

I feel the same way about Zadina in this coming draft. I don’t think Zadina will be a superstar like Dahlin and Svechnikov will be, but I think he’ll be a decent 2nd line player.

In a redraft, I don’t think Nolan Patrick would go at number 2, just as Puljiu wouldn’t go at #4. Similarly, in a redraft a few years from now, I think most people will select Zadina further from where he will be selected next month.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I think that there is a case for Hague, Boqvist, Robertson, and Heponiemi over Lind at least. Maybe even Sebastian Aho

Just from the WHL, Heponiemi and Jordan Bellerive would have passed him and JAD, Steenbergen, and Mattheos would be at roughly the same level.

Who would be ahead of Pettersson?

Hischier and ????

I’m guessing possibly Makar and Heiskanen, but I’m not so sure.

Definitely not Makar. Heiskanen's year was massive, though - as impressive as Pettersson's in its own way - and it's hard to say he's been passed. He might be #1 overall in a redraft right now. There would be more than a few GMs who would also take Mittelstadt over Pettersson, and Patrick had a big 2nd half to the season.

It's easy to get tunnel vision on 'your guy'.

Reactions: Caspian

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018

What a haul for us. Benning does more in one draft WITH NO lottery pick than what Gillis could haul in 6 drafts. I’m telling ya, the putrid drafting of 6 drafts under Gillis’ watch set this organization back a decade

Reactions: NucksRock

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
Just from the WHL, Heponiemi and Jordan Bellerive would have passed him and JAD, Steenbergen, and Mattheos would be at roughly the same level.

Definitely not Makar. Heiskanen's year was massive, though - as impressive as Pettersson's in its own way - and it's hard to say he's been passed. He might be #1 overall in a redraft right now. There would be more than a few GMs who would also take Mittelstadt over Pettersson, and Patrick had a big 2nd half to the season.

It's easy to get tunnel vision on 'your guy'.

Lind might actually drop if anything.

Pettersson would probably be top-3.

It’s taking me awhile to get to know everyone’s nuances around here, But Gillis loves his stats and is a walking dictionary of interesting word selections, nobody hates Benning more than Dim Jim but MS I’ve noticed that you are very bearish on Lind. Why?

Reactions: NucksRock

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It’s taking me awhile to get to know everyone’s nuances around here, But Gillis loves his stats and is a walking dictionary of interesting word selections, nobody hates Benning more than Dim Jim but MS I’ve noticed that you are very bearish on Lind. Why?

He's a good prospect. But he's not a great one and gets overhyped here and is nowhere near the riser he gets portrayed as.

Smallish and slow-ish isn't a great combination, and the fact he had so much trouble with the pace of the AHL at the end of the season isn't a good sign.

And I know people will go '6'1 180 isn't small!' but he's lightly built and weak on the puck. A guy like Bellerive is a couple inches shorter but is an explosive tank with a frame that will play well at higher levels.

Reactions: Sleestack

Dissonance Jr

Oct 6, 2017

A little off-topic, but do you have any sense for why Bellerive went undrafted last year? His draft-year numbers seemed not bad and Central Scouting had him pegged 82nd among NA skaters, so it’s not like he was totally off the radar. And obviously he’s blown up this year.

These things happen, obviously, but it’s still going to be a little bit irksome if the Penguins ended up signing a Vancouver kid who turns into something.

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
He's a good prospect. But he's not a great one and gets overhyped here and is nowhere near the riser he gets portrayed as.

Smallish and slow-ish isn't a great combination, and the fact he had so much trouble with the pace of the AHL at the end of the season isn't a good sign.

And I know people will go '6'1 180 isn't small!' but he's lightly built and weak on the puck. A guy like Bellerive is a couple inches shorter but is an explosive tank with a frame that will play well at higher levels.

I googled NHL.com, HockeyDB and EilteProspects and the 3 sizes I saw were

6’-1” 185 lbs
6’-1” 181 lbs
6’-1” 178 lbs

IDK? Is that small for an 18 year old for today’s NHL? I have also read on many fronts that he is a good skater

You don’t see any possible improvements in size and skating from this 18 year old who is known to be competitive and firey?

Nylander gained over 20 lbs from the day he was drafted to where he is now. This is nothing new seeing teenagers put on men meat when the mature into men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->