Post-Game Talk: The Powerhouse at Columbus | 01/13/19 - 6PM - MSG, NHL-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
It's a bias I have but I still feel there isnt enough Canadian players on the squad. I know it's a bias but it would be the same if I was looking at winning in football or soccer I'd look to the USA or Europe for those sports. The best years this team had had more canadian players, it's not because I feel anything against other countries but in Canada people live and breath the game, to win at this game at all costs is pounded into the kids at a young age. Sometimes you need a few guys to pull the rest along, I'm not saying fill the team up but adding some cant hurt.

Reactions: leetch99

Gluten Free Breadman

Mar 9, 2011
ny
It's a bias I have but I still feel there isnt enough Canadian players on the squad. I know it's a bias but it would be the same if I was looking at winning in football or soccer I'd look to the USA or Europe for those sports. The best years this team had had more canadian players, it's not because I feel anything against other countries but in Canada people live and breath the game, to win at this game at all costs is pounded into the kids at a young age. Sometimes you need a few guys to pull the rest along, I'm not saying fill the team up but adding some cant hurt.
This is so dumb. Competitive spirit isn't exclusive to Canadians.

Reactions: Bob Richards

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That "Canadians like winning" narrative is bunch of shit, but the fact that we treat CHL draftees like a two-dollar hooker during the Black Plague is a valid concern.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
This is so dumb. Competitive spirit isn't exclusive to Canadians.

Montreal has 16/24 players dressed this season be from Canada, and you could argue that they are the most Canadian (Canadien?) team of all. With how awesome their season is going I really don't see how you can question his point....

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Montreal has 16/24 players dressed this season be from Canada, and you could argue that they are the most Canadian (Canadien?) team of all. With how awesome their season is going I really don't see how you can question his point....

To add to that, last years Caps team only had a few Canadians on it

But yeah, Machinehead has a point. You don't need 'em to win, but why are we staying away from them at all costs it seems?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
To add to that, last years Caps team only had a few Canadians on it

But yeah, Machinehead has a point. You don't need 'em to win, but why are we staying away from them at all costs it seems?

Would you draft them if you had the CHL track record of this team?

I don’t think they’re making a concerted effort to stay away from Canadians though. I think things have just played out that way.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
That "Canadians like winning" narrative is bunch of ****, but the fact that we treat CHL draftees like a two-dollar hooker during the Black Plague is a valid concern.

You know, two dollars (or pounds) in the mid-1300s would be a lot of money.

That was someone's yearly salary.

Now a shilling, perhaps, or even a farthing.

If you're going to use one of the defining events of the 14th century as an example, could you at least be historically accurate?

Clearly you're the Pionk of College Professors.

;)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

If you're going to use one of the defining events of the 14th century as an example, could you at least be historically accurate?

;)
tenor.gif

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008

;)

This is why we need you here now more than ever.

Reactions: Rongomania

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I will admit, it's rare to see the 14th century referenced in many discussions. To say nothing about hockey discussions.

I am intrigued to learn more about how prostitutes were treated during an event that was spread by fleas and rats, and if there was a change in how they were treated, was it due to the plague or just coincidence?

Reactions: Rongomania

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
We need more scouting staff . We should have the largest staff in hockey and the best and brightest . Rangers have the money to do this and it will pay off . Once you do that then you find the nuggets that are buried a wee bit deeper and it won't matter where they come from if you have done your homework....that type of guy that hates losing will show himself if you watch enough games and that will continue to grow as he gets older and in the NHL . I always wondered just what kind of player Kreider would have been if he had played an 80 game Major Junior season or two ? He might have been developed much faster and he might have been much more terrifying . But....who knows....?:popcorn:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I am intrigued to learn more about how prostitutes were treated during an event that was spread by fleas and rats, and if there was a change in how they were treated, was it due to the plague or just coincidence?

That's more in the area of study of Professor @jas

I believe he did a research paper on that a few years back.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
AV was a moron.

His "never critique a win" "we'll just burn the tape" "they can't all be Picassos" attitude has polluted this franchise with a stench that they still haven't completely cleared out.

Every job he gets from here on out should be as an assistant coach where I think he can excel. Anyone who hires him as a head guy deserves what they get.

No need to defend AV anymore but this could be the worst post ever about AV. The guy ranks 14th in NHL wins anoungst any coach inthe history of the league! Saying he’s a moron and that he should just be an assistant coach should be the definition of hyperbole in Oxford’ s dictionary moving forward. Please, you could not like the guy and his coaching style but can we at least attempt to use some semblance of facts when presenting an arguement. A post like yours literally should not be allowed on this site because it’s compeltley baseless slander!

Reactions: bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad