Post-Game Talk: The Powerhouse at Columbus | 01/13/19 - 6PM - MSG, NHL-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
The tone is set from your best players, and there's pretty strong evidence at this point that none of them are equipped to drive the team the way the fans, coach, and presumably management want it. I wouldn't be surprised to see a complete roster overhaul outside of 2 or 3 guys in the next 2 or 3 years.

You and I definitely see things the same way. I’ve been saying this over and over again. It’s so sad to even be a Rangers fan this year because it’s like rooting for ghosts. Most wont be here much longer and many who currently are seen to be disappearing or will soon disappear real soon! I’ve never felt so down on a group of players in my 30 plus years rooting for the team!

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I don’t know about some of you, but this time period has nothing on many of those 97-98 to 2003-2004 teams.

There wasn’t even a debate about elite young talent and not finding stars in the draft at that point, we would’ve loved for those to have been the debates.

Reactions: Off Sides and jas

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I don’t know about some of you, but this time period has nothing on many of those 97-98 to 2003-2004 teams.

There wasn’t even a debate about elite young talent and not finding stars in the draft at that point, we would’ve loved for those to have been the debates.
The thing I hated about that time period wasn't that they were bad...they weren't...they just weren't good.

That's so much worse. Being perpetually just bad enough to miss the playoffs but never bad enough to draft the guys like ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, etc.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown

The most unsettling part of being a Rangers fan during that stretch was when I realized that management did not know that money and the purchase of players might not solve problems.
Many long time Rangers supporters also thought "how could the team not get better if <insert name of high priced already proven high end player> is added to the team?". I was a bit guilty on some of that too. Not analytical or knowledgeable enough on what made a team good. It sure was a learning experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad