Post-Game Talk: The Powerhouse at Carolina | 2/19/19 - 7PM - MSG

Triumverate of Luminous Astronomical Spheroidal Objects (RIP MER-B)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I agree with you. That said, I know where everyone is coming from. The one thing that held us back and probably is the reason we don't have a championship or two from the deep runs we had is the lack of that top tier forward (ideally a center). We have one emerging with Zibanejad but really the teams that are forces in this league have two good centers. I think that should be the goal. And its why so many are fixated on a high pick since it grants us the best chance to get one.

That may be true about the center depth but we could have elite players in Kravtsov and Miller that we already drafted. My point is we could still have an outstanding team in a few years even if we don't pick top 5.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
You and others have been whining all year whenever they win. I enjoy when the team plays well and competes and I still think this rebuild can be a success even if we don't get Hughes or Kakko.
You and others care about meaningless wins for a team that has one cup in 80 years... while the Pittsburghs of the world bottom out, are gifted multiple elite talents and reap the rewards.

Be distracted by wins against CAR and Buffalo... then when we play the TOR, PIT, WSH, Tampa etc of the world and are embarrassed and outclassed in every way, don’t complain about our lack of talent. I’m sure those great 2-1 wins on feb 19th will keep ya happy in late April, May and June.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
You and others have been whining all year whenever they win. I enjoy when the team plays well and competes and I still think this rebuild can be a success even if we don't get Hughes or Kakko.

you do know this teams track record at the draft right ?

i mean, this franchise has one of the worst top 10 prospect pools in the league. talent wise, we are lacking. look at our top 10. ronning ? rykov. lettieri ?? ugh. prospect wise, not good.

draft or FA's or trades, doesn't matter. we need talent and thats found at the top of the draft.

its not like we are drafting studs

theres reason to be worried.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
You and others care about meaningless wins for a team that has one cup in 80 years... while the Pittsburghs of the world bottom out, are gifted multiple elite talents and reap the rewards.

Be distracted by wins against CAR and Buffalo... then when we play the TOR, PIT, WSH, Tampa etc of the world and are embarrassed and outclassed in every way, don’t complain about our lack of talent. I’m sure those great 2-1 wins on feb 19th will keep ya happy in late April, May and June.

We will probably have 8 1st rounders, plus additional prospects, in the last 3 years. I'm not going to complain about our lack of talent because I think we are going to be really good. You can continue to complain if you wish.

Reactions: egelband

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

i mean, this franchise has one of the worst top 10 prospect pools in the league. talent wise, we are lacking. look at our top 10. ronning ? rykov. lettieri ?? ugh. prospect wise, not good.

draft or FA's or trades, doesn't matter. we need talent and thats found at the top of the draft.

Kravtsov, Miller, and Chytil are going to be very good players IMO, plus we may actually still pick top 5 this year after all. I'm not going to lose sleep over it if we dont.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008

To be fair that is the result of trying to compete for the moment the last few years. They committed to rebuilding about a year ago. They appear to have had a good draft last year by very early measures.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
What do you consider a success? I want to win a cup. Our best chance to do that is to draft a elite forward who can lead us there. I do not believe that player is presently in the organization.

Reactions: Riche16

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
We will probably have 8 1st rounders, plus additional prospects, in the last 3 years. I'm not going to complain about our lack of talent because I think we are going to be really good. You can continue to complain if you wish.
So far we have A 1st rounder this draft.

Our own.

One.

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
Kravtsov, Miller, and Chytil are going to be very good players IMO, plus we may actually still pick top 5 this year after all. I'm not going to lose sleep over it if we dont.

Mets fans were supposed to have Generation K with Pulsipher, Isringhausen and Wilson. None panned out. Well, Isringhausen did as a closer for other teams.

The best strategy is to keep stockpiling picks and sell high on 70% of our top prospects for proven talent. So turn 7 prospects into 2-3 players.

Then hope we guessed right on the 3 we kept. Maybe even hit a Kucherov type on just ONE of those. This means a core of 6. If we do this, and get lucky for once, we might finally have a dominant team.

Reactions: egelband

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
@McDonagh How in the f*** do you have that many posts and only 5 likes? I find this harder to believe than the Flat Earth Theory. Seriously, that’s crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad