Post-Game Talk: The Powerhouse at Carolina | 2/19/19 - 7PM - MSG

Triumverate of Luminous Astronomical Spheroidal Objects (RIP MER-B)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Two points in the Stolen column, I’d say ;)
For whatever reason Carolina came into this game with a chip on their collective shoulder and seemed to rile up the Rangers. It was a fun, emotional game.
I think Carolina is a solid team, but like the Rangers, they can’t finish.
I couldn't either when in Thailand. I was too drunk. Ooops.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I guess if "they" dont want Jack Hughes or Kakko on this team next year or the year after......i guess thats their business.
But they are literally shooting themselves in the foot.
I keep asking this. How does this team tank? Sit their best players? League wouldn’t have it. Trade their best players for pennies on the dollar? Literally tell the players to throw games? I’m sure you’d agree, those aren’t good options.
I’m a Knick fan and I’m glad seeing them lose So consistently. I’m good with a Tank. But it’s really hard to achieve.
I think hoping for losses is nearly as fruitless as hoping for wins.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Haha. But too much info ;)
Sorry, in the dentist chair, drugged up and awaiting the eventual pulling of a molar. Yeah, I am in my right mind right now......NOT!
Fond, very fond memories of Thailand though. Finish, finnish, regardless.....was all good.....very good. Man those Singapore slings in Thailand......and that was BEFORE going to Singapore!

Reactions: BBKers and egelband

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
They’re not a bad team. They never were finishing bottom 4. It was nonsense from day 1.

So you say they aren't a bad team but ignore the fact that they have fewer regulation wins than any team in the league.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
So you say they aren't a bad team but ignore the fact that they have fewer regulation wins than any team in the league.
They should have around 5 additional ROWs had they held onto leads late. Remember that they blew a string of games almost consecutively it seemed.

Reactions: NCRanger

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
I am wondering what others think of the Hurricanes. Admittedly, they did put some pressure on the Rangers, but let's face it, the Rangers defensemen as a group in totality are not good (half of them need to not be here any longer) but as a person who only sees them, or even thinks about them, once in a while, they look very uninspired. At least, they sure did in this game. (Yes, I watched them in their ecent visit to MSG;, they were mediocre then as well).
Some said that the Hurricanes looked good, I would say they were much less than I have heard they were supposed to be. So, why do people talk up the Hurricanes? To me they are like another bunch of nothings, the Panthers.

Last edited:

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
I am wondering what others think of the Hurricanes. Admittedly, they did put some pressure on the Rangers, but let's face it, the Rangers defensemen as a group in totality are not good (half of them need to not be here any longer) but as a person who only sees them, or even thinks about them, once in a while, they look very uninspired. At least, they sure did in this game. (Yes, I watched them in their ecent visit to MSG;, they were mediocre then as well).
Some said that the Hurricanes looked good, I would say they were much less than I have heard they were supposed to be. So, why do people talk up the Hurricanes? To me they are like another bunch of nothings, the Panthers.

I saw a good amount a speed and forechecking but a lack of finish and top end skill. I don't think they are good enough to make any real noise.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Bottom 3 on that list got approx. 75% of all votes. Just happened yo vote the same. What can i say, i am a frontrunner.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
this team does not know how to tank.

watch them. when they score the celeys are genuine. when they win, the bench is happy. when they lose, they are upset.

theres no tank here.

remove 36 and 13 and some other warm bodies, and this will drop but they will continue to fight but will lose on shear lack of talent.

the tank will be real come next week. until then, this team wants to win games.

They deserve much respect for playing their tails off.......starting with Hank and ending with the newest......Brickley.
Quinn deserves all kudos coming to him as he has the respect and attention of every player that may be gone soon or even next year, and all that are playing for more playing time and the possibility of being part of the rebuild.
I literally have enjoyed this season already more than ALL of last season.

Reactions: NCRanger

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
I saw a good amount a speed and forechecking but a lack of finish and top end skill. I don't think they are good enough to make any real noise.
I agree that the Hurricanes have some great skaters and are fast, and have some skilled players. Aho would look so good as a Blueshirt.
Still, to me they will be fortunate to get to a playoff first round. I don't see anything to suggest anything better than that longshot.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Their offense is basically really top heavy with Aho and Teravainen being the only two real producers, though Niedereitter has bounced backed as expected and actually gives them a legitimate 3rd offensive option. Beyond that...Svechnikov is just too young at this point and needs developing but in theory should be pretty good but the rest of the forward roster (currently) is blah as hell. They definitely don't have the skill to go anywhere in the playoffs but they're better than the Rangers at the moment anyways...

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC

They're the same team they've been for the last ten years or so. A few really good forwards that drive possession, and some slightly better than average defense. All in all though, too many top 9s trying to be top 6s. The only difference this year is that they're finally getting more consistent goaltending, so they'll win the 3-2 game that they usually lose 4-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad