Post-Game Talk: The Powerhouse at Carolina | 2/19/19 - 7PM - MSG

Triumverate of Luminous Astronomical Spheroidal Objects (RIP MER-B)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Lundqvist with his 31st career game with 40 saves.

17 of those have come in the past four seasons.

People not blocking shots in front of you night in and night out makes a difference. Things were different under Torts.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I did the same w Buch but he needs to have someone believe in him lol

He's been noticeably better as of late. He still has issues holding on to the puck and making errand passes here and there, but he's at least trying to be involved as much as possible

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
no insult, and not correct either.

Whether we pick 7 or 11, it'll be the same player we target.
Whether we're 6 or 12, there isn't a great correlation in difference of that player being a boom or bust.
Well Signaling him out bout posting on the video games threads when that has nothing to do with this is a personal insult but ill just leave that there
Also, that is not true and you have to look at 2017 for proof. If we had been able to get a higher pick we'd have Elite Pete or Cody Glass instead of Andersson. That changes so much about this team going forward

Last edited:

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
This team is literally in the worst possible position, mediocrity.
Not good enough to do anything but not bad enough to actually get the players we need. Like a worse Minnesota Wild
The Wild are a prime example of what I don't want this team to become. Make the playoffs basically every year and never close to contending. If we don't draft some elite players, that is what we'll be. I don't see anybody in this organization being the lead dog on a cup winner.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Well Signaling out bout him posting on the video games threads when that has nothing to do with this is a personal insult but ill just leave that there
Also, that is not true and you have to look at 2017 for proof. If we had been able to get a higher pick we'd have Elite Pete or Cody Glass instead of Andersson. That changes so much about this team going forward

We traded for that pick...

Winning these games is annoying because they take us out of bottom 3 contention barring a lottery win. If they sell by Monday the rest should take care of itself, I can't see this team hovering at or around .500 if that happens.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
can't wait to end up with the 12th pick after this ****hole of a season

BUT WE GET TO PLAY SPOILER GUISE
And it’ll be the same people who will complain next year about the lack of talent on the team. They’ll say Hank has to do it all by himself too. #LiasMalhotra #1CupIn80Years

Reactions: Riche16

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
The Wild are a prime example of what I don't want this team to become. Make the playoffs basically every year and never close to contending. If we don't draft some elite players, that is what we'll be. I don't see anybody in this organization being the lead dog on a cup winner.

While I agree with all of this I think the concern there is premature considering the rebuild started about a year ago. Also, if the ping pong ball bounces our way (we are due) we will be singing a different tune.

Reactions: bl02

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

Winning these games is annoying because they take us out of bottom 3 contention barring a lottery win. If they sell by Monday the rest should take care of itself, I can't see this team hovering at or around .500 if that happens.
I know we traded for the pick however he's saying where we pick doesn't really matter but there's an example of how us selecting 1 or 2 spots lower changed everything

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008

if we somehow manage to lose the next 3 before the TDL we will be bottom 6 by the end of next week.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Rangers will actually have an interesting schedule post TDL.

They play a pretty rough run of Tampa, Montreal and Washington then shin-kick against Dallas before playing a tank marathon against Detroit, New Jersey and Edmonton.

A TELLING STRETCH IT WILL BE, LADS

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009

The Wild became US. We are the example franchise for never getting a top 3 pick and never winning a cup — except every 50 years or so.

Reactions: Riche16

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
bf1e39555d.png

10th worst team with 3.5% chance at 1OV and 11.4% chance at top 3
6th worst team with 7.5% chance at 1OV and 23.3% chance at top 3

It's really, really not so significant to be this upset about it. Flat odds gonna flat odds. In this regard Zucc's Fluffy Man is right - worry about trades, that can actually be controlled by the FO.
This is the best time in recent history to be mediocre. You're not doomed to pick where you finish every season.

Did people forget that a team behind us won the #2 lottery just last summer? Same thing happened with the Flyers and Stars in 2017. I mean there are now 3 lotteries every draft, it's lunacy. :laugh:

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
im so gonna laugh when denagelo gets a letter in a year or two

from quinns dog house to the penthouse

kids just too talented to waste by over disciplining him for things he might do

let the kid play. hes from jersey. hes got swag and snarl but kids got such sweet hands.

dem passes :thumbu:
...or maybe he's no longer doing the things that piss Quinn off, and is earning his trust?

But no, no. We all have our own narratives to spin.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
This is the best time in recent history to be mediocre. You're not doomed to pick where you finish every season.

Did people forget that a team behind us won the #2 lottery just last summer?
And two years ago NJ and Philly and Dallas all moved up in the lottery to get the top 3 picks from the 5th, 13th and 8th spots.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
...or maybe he's no longer doing the things that piss Quinn off, and is earning his trust?

But no, no. We all have our own narratives to spin.

quinns power trip might be on hiatus if ADA keeps playing like this

plus his love child pionk was hurt and has been brutal for some time now when he does play.

ADA is perhaps/definitely is the most talented Dman on the entire roster

let the kid play.

enough already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad