Post-Game Talk: The Powerhouse at Carolina | 2/19/19 - 7PM - MSG

Triumverate of Luminous Astronomical Spheroidal Objects (RIP MER-B)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
the oilers somehow have 9 shots in half a game. That is elite tanking. They are, however, are the anti-penguins with regards to results from elite tanking.
I read somewhere that Hitch already wants out because he didn't realize how much of a tire fire the team is.

Reactions: egelband

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
And two years ago NJ and Philly and Dallas all moved up in the lottery to get the top 3 picks from the 5th, 13th and 8th spots.
The mantra (and this isn’t aimed at u specifically) that ‘anything can happen’ around here has permeated for going on 2 decades and yet it never does.

Just get into the playoffs and anything can happen... we could win a cup!

Just miss the playoffs and you can win the lottery!

It never happens

Reactions: Gresch04

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
this team does not know how to tank.

watch them. when they score the celeys are genuine. when they win, the bench is happy. when they lose, they are upset.

theres no tank here.

remove 36 and 13 and some other warm bodies, and this will drop but they will continue to fight but will lose on shear lack of talent.

the tank will be real come next week. until then, this team wants to win games.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The mantra (and this isn’t aimed at u specifically) that ‘anything can happen’ around here has permeated for going on 2 decades and yet it never does.

It never happens
There's a difference between banking on it and not letting it distress you.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008

It never happens

The last 14 years here have been pretty good. That is especially true for anyone supporting the team form 1998-2004. For a few years we had some strong teams that made deep runs. I think they deserve more credit that abiding by "anything can happen"

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
If the GM wasn't rebuilding the team and trading veterans left and right, yeah it'd be something to complain about. How are we supposed to "compete" with some of these shitshows you have around the league like Ottawa.

Also at least the Rangers haven't done what Chicago and Philly have :laugh: ... they were right at the bottom a couple months ago.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Kaako or Hughes will be in the Swiss league in 5 years if they draft either of them.
At some point things are going to get so rotten there that McDavid is going to want out. Guess who's going to have some good assets to trade by then?

McDavid demands a trade and you're going to see a top prospect pull a Lindros and demand a trade because they refuse to play for and be drafted by Edmonton.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Well this has been a **** season from start to finish and I have zero desire to go through the suffering I and we have to pick 12th

We will pick better than 12th. I think 5-8 or better. Alex Turcotte range.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

It never happens

They were in the finals a few years ago and the very next year they were 20 minutes from another finals. I enjoyed those years even though we didn't win.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
just for shits and gigs, i creeped on the canes post game.

comments are hilarious. some serious hank love and some not so good stuff. but funny.

i mean i lol'ed alot

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
While I agree with all of this I think the concern there is premature considering the rebuild started about a year ago. Also, if the ping pong ball bounces our way (we are due) we will be singing a different tune.
This is the beacon of light. Rebuild only a little over a year or so. We actually have some really good young prospects. Probably better than some on here have ever seen in their lifetime as Rangers fans. Was hoping this year would be the year for a top 5 or top 7 (at worst) pick. I am not on board with tanking bad next year stunting the development of the younger players on this team. I am more fearful of becoming an edmonton (perpetual losers only getting worse) rather than some miracle getting two top guys like Pitt did and going on to win cups.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Well this has been a **** season from start to finish and I have zero desire to go through the suffering I and we have to pick 12th

You're suffering has been self inflicted. I've enjoyed the compete level and the young guys learning the game. Too many people here live and die with whether they are going to get a top 5 pick. They are still going to have probably 3 1st rounders this draft, maybe 4 if Tampa wins the cup. You can build a really good core of players with 8 or 9 1st rounders in 3 years even if they aren't a top 5 picks.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
This is the beacon of light. Rebuild only a little over a year or so. We actually have some really good young prospects. Probably better than some on here have ever seen in their lifetime as Rangers fans. Was hoping this year would be the year for a top 5 or top 7 (at worst) pick. I am not on board with tanking bad next year stunting the development of the younger players on this team. I am more fearful of becoming an edmonton (perpetual losers only getting worse) rather than some miracle getting two top guys like Pitt did and going on to win cups.

I am on the fence about the plan next year. In the overall scheme of things a top talent at center to compliment Zibanejad is something that I think we need to truly become a contender. If by the grace of God we walk away with a top center in this draft I think Panarin etc makes sense. If we don't, I would maybe be enticed by Byfield and Lafreniere. Though, it would also depend on how strong the rest of that draft is. That I don't know.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
You're suffering has been self inflicted. I've enjoyed the compete level and the young guys learning the game. Too many people here live and die with whether they are going to get a top 5 pick. They are still going to have probably 3 1st rounders this draft, maybe 4 if Tampa wins the cup. You can build a really good core of players with 8 or 9 1st rounders in 3 years even if they aren't a top 5 picks.
Self inflicted? Because I understand how the league works?

This is to say nothing of the 3 plus decades of suffering this team has put me through except one.

I just wanted a great pick, great kid to build around. Is that so bad????

I’m old enough to remember doing that with Leetch. Was just hoping I would one more time in my life.

Greedy bastard

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008

I agree with you. That said, I know where everyone is coming from. The one thing that held us back and probably is the reason we don't have a championship or two from the deep runs we had is the lack of that top tier forward (ideally a center). We have one emerging with Zibanejad but really the teams that are forces in this league have two good centers. I think that should be the goal. And its why so many are fixated on a high pick since it grants us the best chance to get one.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Self inflicted? Because I understand how the league works?

This is to say nothing of the 3 plus decades of suffering this team has put me through except one.

I just wanted a great pick, great kid to build around. Is that so bad????

I’m old enough to remember doing that with Leetch. Was just hoping I would one more time in my life.

Greedy bastard

You and others have been whining all year whenever they win. I enjoy when the team plays well and competes and I still think this rebuild can be a success even if we don't get Hughes or Kakko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad