The Positivity Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Everyday we keep losing like this is hopefully a day closer to the end of this pitiful management team.

POSITIVE!

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
giphy.gif

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Man, I have to give you credit. I've always wondered how you keep your passion from so far away.

(now I'm just wondering why)
I just love the sport and it has been part of my life since as far I can remember. I can't stop myself.
Hockey has always been my passion.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Being one of the older guys here makes it easier to watch the crash-and-burn, since I've seen all versions of great to terrible over the decades. The toughest part is consoling Mrs. Lshap, who became a fan only a few years ago and hasn't learned how to pace herself. Lots of wailing and swearing at my house, and it's mostly her. I'm the cool one. I just subtly leave the room to do dishes or laundry, or just to bang my head against a wall.

I don't think you have to go too far back to remember the bad teams. 1999-2003 was bad, save for the miracle run in 2002. Add in 2011-2012, and 2015-2016.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Hockey is so much more than the Montreal Canadiens. There is so much great hockey everywhere else.

The thing is, I'm a much bigger habs fan than an NHL fan, and I'm surly not alone. It's harder for me to watch other games when the habs are doing poorly because the games remind me of the habs depressing situation.

Reactions: No More Subban

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Here’s something positive: no Habs tonight so I don’t have to listen to the senile Don Cherry with his buffoon sidekick Ron McLean.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The thing is, I'm a much bigger habs fan than an NHL fan, and I'm surly not alone. It's harder for me to watch other games when the habs are doing poorly because the games remind me of the habs depressing situation.

I used to be like that but last year I stopped it, you have to realise that there are good things in the game despite the crap going on here. If Molson had the commitment to winning that echoed the devotion shown by the fan base of his team we would be in a much better place . It is clear that his only goal with this team is as a money making entity like his shitty beer.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I used to be like that but last year I stopped it, you have to realise that there are good things in the game despite the crap going on here. If Molson had the commitment to winning that echoed the devotion shown by the fan base of his team we would be in a much better place . It is clear that his only goal with this team is as a money making entity like his ****ty beer.

It’s no different than when his company’s shareholders owned the team.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Positivity thread :D

6.1% chance of making the playoffs and it’s only October. Don’t be delusional guys

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Hockey is so much more than the Montreal Canadiens. There is so much great hockey everywhere else.
Absolutely! I love the young Oilers and Leafs teams. Winnipeg is also fun to watch. Habs have made their product so unattractive that it has opened my eyes to cheering for other teams

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Here’s something positive: no Habs tonight so I don’t have to listen to the senile Don Cherry with his buffoon sidekick Ron McLean.
But where will you get your stupid puns, and uninteresting tidbits about people nobody cares about, if Ron isn't giving it to you?

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
Our fortunes are gonna change starting this week.i like alot of what i ve seen even tho the results arent there.there has been a ton of lucky goals against us.every little mistake turns into disaster. No way it can last.this streak will help us down the road .and id rather go on a winning streak in the playoffs.not october.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
The thread itself is positive, it`s a reminder there are other things to think about beyond the fortunes of a sports team.

President Markov

Nov 10, 2015
Gatineau, Qc
I haven't been able to watch much of the two week-end games, but, from what I've been able to gather, some encouraging positivity we can encourage ourselves with:
  • We had two unexpected wins against good opponents
  • Chucky is finally playing with Drouin
  • Chucky is developing chemistry with Drouin
  • Lindgren was solid
Anything else positive taken from the w-e games I should be aware of?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Nov 6th: 9 of the next 11 are at home when we had 10 of our first 15 on the road. Can we get to a playoff position by the end of the month? This is where we will find out what kind of team we have this year. If we can't win at home, we are not making the playoffs. So far we are 2-2-1 and I suspect we can win 5 or 6 of our next 11 home games. This gets us to a .500 record. It would be a good accomplishment considering the horrible start.

Reactions: David Suzuki

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
This team is talented enough to make the playoffs and lose in the first round, so uhh, congrats to everyone who will keep receiving a paycheck from this organization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad