The Positivity Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
It's a beautiful day. Gonna spend it outside, do some winter prep around the house maybe change the oil on a vehicle and go for a stroll with the fam. All positives.

I'm also positive this edition of the team will miss the playoffs and we start next year with new management. Also positives.

There's a lot of great players and teams in this league to watch. There's a few former Habs players having good starts to follow. Positives.

Unfortunately, folks, this won't be a positive season for us as a whole but Mete is one to watch. Drouin, too. The others? I'll save that for another thread.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
BTW, I'm big time pissed off! Can they start scoring? Can Price start stop the puck?

Galchy LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Patch is doing everything wrong!

But for the doom squad:

We corsi winning!

MT DD gone don't make us better!

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
We're still in the race to finish dead last and increase our odds of picking first overall!

Jul 6, 2016
BTW, I'm big time pissed off! Can they start scoring? Can Price start stop the puck?

Galchy LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Patch is doing everything wrong!

But for the doom squad:

We corsi winning!

MT DD gone don't make us better!

I want them back !

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Something positive would be the team being so screwed up that a retool isn’t even in the cards. Proper rebuild. Maybe we’ll actually learn from teams that have had success in the last decade.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I f***ing love Victor Mete. Sure Sergachev might get more points, but Mete is smarter and is facing INCREDIBLY hard competition. Pretty tough task for him, and he has been incredible.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
The last time we were this bad, we made the necessary moves to improve this team. We traded...oh wait...

The last time before that we were this bad we made the necessary moves to improve this team. We hired...oh wait...

Nevermind.

Reactions: PhysicX

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I ****ing love Victor Mete. Sure Sergachev might get more points, but Mete is smarter and is facing INCREDIBLY hard competition. Pretty tough task for him, and he has been incredible.

He truly has been. Specially on a night like this where pretty much everyone is getting exposed, he's out there still holding his own and even putting the rest of the D to shame.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I feel that if this isn't the bottom, it's damn close. Things should start to get better, or at least our outlook should. Let's hope that Toronto paved a path for us. 3 years ago things were awful for them.

Win or lose, the Habs don't affect my personal life. I've got a happy and healthy family and really that's all that matters.

Reactions: Bloumeister

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
I've been so incredible busy (and will be for some time) I just don't have the time or energy to be that upset, really. So that's positive, I guess. This is supposed to be my escape, though. Would be nice to be buoyed by a win here or there and the hope that comes with a playoff birth. But not this season it seems.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
I've been so incredible busy (and will be for some time) I just don't have the time or energy to be that upset, really. So that's positive, I guess. This is supposed to be my escape, though. Would be nice to be buoyed by a win here or there and the hope that comes with a playoff birth. But not this season it seems.

It's 'berth' ;)... but it does remind me of this Bergevin gem from March, when he justified his moves at the trade deadline:

(verbatim)

C66DhVnWoAIrf8b.jpg:large

:dunce:

Reactions: Belial and PhysicX

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Please keep Chucky and Drouin together for 20+ games at least and let them develop some complicity. If they do that + skilled little Mete I'll be a little more optimistic. Just for ONCE cater to the younger players and give them a pass in a sucky season. Getting tired of supposed defensive prowess, two way play and character slogans.

There's already quite enough complicity and duplicity. I'll settle for chemistry. ;)

Reactions: ChikN

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
It's 'berth' ;)... but it does remind me of this Bergevin gem from March, when he justified his moves at the trade deadline:

(verbatim)

C66DhVnWoAIrf8b.jpg:large

:dunce:

Ha-ha... nice catch! And talk about a Freudian slip! I mean, given the labor pains it's going to take to get back to the playoffs, "birth" is far more accurate. Maybe Freud wasn't such a crackpot after all!

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This season has been morbidly interesting. Its a major car wreck, and I can't take my eyes off of it. The obvious positive is that we are one step closer to a much needed meaningful draft pick. I wish the lottery could happen today in case the habs start a charge up toward the middle of the standings.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
This season has been morbidly interesting. Its a major car wreck, and I can't take my eyes off of it. The obvious positive is that we are one step closer to a much needed meaningful draft pick. I wish the lottery could happen today in case the habs start a charge up toward the middle of the standings.
Being one of the older guys here makes it easier to watch the crash-and-burn, since I've seen all versions of great to terrible over the decades. The toughest part is consoling Mrs. Lshap, who became a fan only a few years ago and hasn't learned how to pace herself. Lots of wailing and swearing at my house, and it's mostly her. I'm the cool one. I just subtly leave the room to do dishes or laundry, or just to bang my head against a wall.

Reactions: Peanut

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Hope it's Sai Kung. Othrerwise enjoy dissolving in the filth.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Total goals allowed on the California trip would rank a very admirable 2nd place in the "total points allowed standings" of the National Football League. Carey Price has definitely been worth his contract based on that stat alone.

GoHabsGo76

Fire Bergevin
Apr 16, 2009
Hawthorne, NJ
The only positive to hang our hats on right now is that this disaster SHOULD get MB fired and SHOULD bring big changes to the club. I would like to see big changes = tanking, but I am not counting on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad