The Positivity Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Ok, I didn't realize there was already a thread where tankers had expressed their allegiances. Cool. For my part, I've believed in this team from game 1. The effort and flow of play was there, was a just a matter of time. Go habs!

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
On a positive note the Canadiens have started strong in years past only to cool off when it matters most. The opportunity exists this year to reverse the trend. The hardest part of the road schedule this year has passed. The opportunity to grab points from division and conference rivals exists.

There is a positive goalie controversy in November. 3 lines are now rolling to fill the offensive challenge. Byron-Plekanec-Gallagher have been very good. Schlemko is coming back which takes pressure off Mete. Laval is playing well, developing players this year.

And Bergevin still has that cap space for upgrades in areas of concern, the primary being the PK.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Habs had a very tough schedule to start out...

10 of their first 15 games on the road, including 2 trips out West.

To come out of that 6-8-1 and now they've won 3 straight with the next 6 games at home.

I think that's a positive....team is far from perfect, but they're not as bad as their record showed early on.

Jul 6, 2016
If only Price (and the D-corp) would had been half decent, the team would be easily 9-5-1

But I prefer the team to start slowly and gain speed to finish very strong next Spring.

Reactions: scrubadam

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
We really need to resuscitate this thread. This whole forum is unbearable at the moment. It's impossible to read a discussion without calls to "fire Bergevin" every 3 sentences. Maybe we could make this thread sticky, moderators?

So... I think most people agree that next season will be a transition year and making playoffs won't be easy. That said, there's many reasons why I'm looking forward to next season.

- I believe Max Domi will be a treat to watch. He was a fan favorite in Arizona and he's a fast, hard working player. I hope he can succeed in a more positive environment.
- I'm very curious about Joel Armia. According to Jets fans, he was never really being given a chance on the top 2 lines, but he always produced well at 5 on 5, despite limited ice time. I think there might be untapped potential there.
- I'm also extremely excited about Matthew Peca. Another fast, hard working player who was a victim of the depth in Tampa. I'm sure he was in high demand and that's why he was offered 2 years at 1,3M. I think MB did well this summer getting these 3 young players with potential (Domi, Armia and Peca) while giving nothing more than Galchenyuk.
- I think Drouin didn't show us what he's truly capable of too. He had to adjust to a new position, but the way he finished the season is very encouraging.
- I think Victor Mete could make big stride forward this year. Hopefully, he can start showing his offensive potential a little more.
- While I expect wins will be hard to get this season, especially with Weber, Byron and Shaw injuries, I'll be very happy if we can get exciting games from a group of players who never give up. I think MB is slowly assembling a team in the mold of Gallagher. Hard working players who can skate and who are not afraid to get their nose dirty. I'm looking forward to see the chemistry between these players.

My expectations are low for next seasons, but I believe there will be some pleasant surprises on the way. Also, I'm looking forward to beat the Leafs a few times, despite being a major underdog against them now.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Weber being injured was the best news I've seen in a while. I hope he only comes back with 20 games left and that we finish bottom last. This has a good chance to happen. It's a good thing. Whatever prospect we could get in the top 4 + Kotkaniemi at 19 and Poehling at 20 next season with a fully healthy Weber/Price along with all of our young players getting better. We could potentially turn this thing around quickly. But this year ? Forget it. It's a bad roster, made worse with Weber's injury.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
We really need to resuscitate this thread. This whole forum is unbearable at the moment. It's impossible to read a discussion without calls to "fire Bergevin" every 3 sentences. Maybe we could make this thread sticky, moderators?

So... I think most people agree that next season will be a transition year and making playoffs won't be easy. That said, there's many reasons why I'm looking forward to next season.

- I believe Max Domi will be a treat to watch. He was a fan favorite in Arizona and he's a fast, hard working player. I hope he can succeed in a more positive environment.
- I'm very curious about Joel Armia. According to Jets fans, he was never really being given a chance on the top 2 lines, but he always produced well at 5 on 5, despite limited ice time. I think there might be untapped potential there.
- I'm also extremely excited about Matthew Peca. Another fast, hard working player who was a victim of the depth in Tampa. I'm sure he was in high demand and that's why he was offered 2 years at 1,3M. I think MB did well this summer getting these 3 young players with potential (Domi, Armia and Peca) while giving nothing more than Galchenyuk.
- I think Drouin didn't show us what he's truly capable of too. He had to adjust to a new position, but the way he finished the season is very encouraging.
- I think Victor Mete could make big stride forward this year. Hopefully, he can start showing his offensive potential a little more.
- While I expect wins will be hard to get this season, especially with Weber, Byron and Shaw injuries, I'll be very happy if we can get exciting games from a group of players who never give up. I think MB is slowly assembling a team in the mold of Gallagher. Hard working players who can skate and who are not afraid to get their nose dirty. I'm looking forward to see the chemistry between these players.

My expectations are low for next seasons, but I believe there will be some pleasant surprises on the way. Also, I'm looking forward to beat the Leafs a few times, despite being a major underdog against them now.

Transition year..? Transition into what..a worse team? Do we have some solid upcoming talent that we are giving the reigns to?

There is a difference between being positive, unrealistic, and delusional.
The positive things to look for now is the team will suck, which means Bergevin will get a lot of blowback again and hopefully get fired. At the same time, we might win the draft lotto.
Weber is injured, this will help in us dropping down the standings. Hopefully, this will also make moving Pacioretty all the more of an easier decision. If we were somehow competing for a POs spot, then Bergevin would probably hang on to him.

Those are the positive things to look for.

Seeing this sorry excuse of a roster put on "exciting" games is quite delusional. That ain't gonna happen, even less so in a Julien system. As for Domi being a treat to watch....ya...no. Some pleasant surprises...I mean, define pleasant?

This team is hot garbage, which is a good thing as it will hopefully force Molson to fire this bozo of a GM.
And yes, this is another post suggesting to fire this f***ing ass clown, which would be a positive thing.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Transition year..? Transition into what..a worse team? Do we have some solid upcoming talent that we are giving the reigns to?

There is a difference between being positive, unrealistic, and delusional.
The positive things to look for now is the team will suck, which means Bergevin will get a lot of blowback again and hopefully get fired. At the same time, we might win the draft lotto.
Weber is injured, this will help in us dropping down the standings. Hopefully, this will also make moving Pacioretty all the more of an easier decision. If we were somehow competing for a POs spot, then Bergevin would probably hang on to him.

Those are the positive things to look for.

Seeing this sorry excuse of a roster put on "exciting" games is quite delusional. That ain't gonna happen, even less so in a Julien system. As for Domi being a treat to watch....ya...no. Some pleasant surprises...I mean, define pleasant?

This team is hot garbage, which is a good thing as it will hopefully force Molson to fire this bozo of a GM.
And yes, this is another post suggesting to fire this ****ing ass clown, which would be a positive thing.

Geez, why do people like you insist on posting on a hockey forum, and especially on a positivity thread? Please go play outside in the sun, do some sport, have a drink with friends, plan your next trip, roll a joint, I don't know... but is it too much to ask to have only ONE single thread where we can discuss about the Habs without being annoyed by your depressed, Manichaean and fatalistic crap??? MB obviously won't get fired now. Can we please get over it and talk about something else? Thanks!

Reactions: HomeAndHome

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Watching the kids getting a chance to play down the stretch was some of the more exciting hockey I've seen the Habs play in a while so if anything I guess I'm hoping to see more of the younger players get a chance to play and succeed/fail and learn instead of going with the old safe vet core that doesn't do much for the future. I'm expecting Armia to surprise with a breakout season

Following the prospects in Laval and the other teams will be fun especially the WJCs

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Geez, why do people like you insist on posting on a hockey forum, and especially on a positivity thread? Please go play outside in the sun, do some sport, have a drink with friends, plan your next trip, roll a joint, I don't know... but is it too much to ask to have only ONE single thread where we can discuss about the Habs without being annoyed by your depressed, Manichaean and fatalistic crap??? MB obviously won't get fired now. Can we please get over it and talk about something else? Thanks!
You missed the point completely.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017

While you’re getting excited about Domi, Armia and Peca, the Leafs are getting excited about Tavares and the Lightning are about to be excited for Karlsson. And Dahlin just went to Buffalo. They’re all in our division. But you do you bro :laugh:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
can't speak for him, but I'm far from depressed. It's going to be a hilarious season for the Habs fan that I am.

Actually can't wait for it to start.

The day he did his last PC he already knew Weber would be out till at least december (on top of Byron out, Shaw and Danault maybe not concussion free) and he refused to call this season a rebuild... I mean, can it start in a funnier way than that ? :laugh:

Reactions: Omar

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
While you’re getting excited about Domi, Armia and Peca, the Leafs are getting excited about Tavares and the Lightning are about to be excited for Karlsson. And Dahlin just went to Buffalo. They’re all in our division. But you do you bro :laugh:

Karlsson to TB is just a rumor. The Leafs haven't come close to winning a cup since 1967. And the Sabres have been mediocre since at least 10 years and still never won the cup. But if you are truly jealous and want to be a fan of those teams instead of the most storied franchise of the NHL, just because you disagree with a few decisions of the current GM, go on my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad