The Positivity Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
This year I believe the goal production will be higher.
1 lign
Patch=patch
Gally+5
Galchy+10
2lign
Drouin outproduce radu +15
Danault +10
Lekhonen+10
3rd
Plekky+5
Hemsky 40 pts if healthy
Shaws +5
4th
And the 4 line with byron michell and someone like hudon, mcarron or dlr will have a better production then last year edition.

Def will have a similar production but forward will assume more of the global production.

Someone will be 1c (drouin or galchy) and first two centers will get around 110 points.

We may have 3 guys in the top 60 of the nhl : drouin, galchy, patch.

With emelin and beaulien gone, def will be solidified and we will allow less goals.

Basiccaly i think hab will be better this year even if we lost radu & the good old Markov.

Hope to have a deeper run in the playoff this time. The some of the top core players have a lot to prove. That s my only concern.

Hemsky ouproduce flynn
Mitchell=

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Answering a simple quiz would probably allow people to get an Optimism/Positivity score...

1. The Habs will not suffer more than one major injury in 17/18, and it won't be Price or Weber injured.
-Yes / No-

2. Bergevin will put the $8M cap space to good use before the season starts.
-Yes / No-

3. At least two of Pacioretty, Drouin or Galchenyuk will score 60 pts this year.
-Yes / No-

4. Charles Hudon explodes in pre-season games and earns a spot on the roster.
-Yes / No-

5. Jakub Jerabek consistently plays on the 2nd or 3rd pairing with a positive outlook to play with Weber in 18/19.
-Yes / No-

6. Karl Alzner wins the war against jars; he makes effective stick to stick passes night in, night out.
-Yes / No-

7. Tomas Plekanec racks up 35 pts this year as alternating 2C / 3C.
-Yes / No-

8. Michael McCarron comes to training camp with a bigger gas tank and becomes an effective 25 pts 4th line banger for the next 8 years in MTL.
-Yes / No-

9. Nikita Scherbak plays on the 1st line in Laval, plays well all season with no injury to speak of and gets called up at the TDL following a massive move from MB.
-Yes / No-

10. The Habs make the playoffs.
-Yes / No-

11. The Habs win the Atlantic and move on to the ECF.
-Yes / No-

12. Carey Price wins the Vezina trophy.
-Yes / No-

13. Tomas Plekanec leaves NA at the end of 17/18 and spends most of his retirement time in an Eastern European log camp where he stores a very nice collection of turtlenecks.
-Yes / No-

14. Nikita Scherbak and Noah Juulsen make the 18/19 roster.
-Yes / No-

15. Brett Lernout and Ryan Poehling make the 19/20 roster.
-Yes / No-

:popcorn:

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
AMA the "Do NOT talk about our defense" thread.

Say what you will but the Habs defense will likely be a bit faster than last year. Emelin and Markov, who played the most minutes on the left side will likely prove to be slower than their replacements. My guess is Alzner is faster than Emelin. Among those vying for a place beside Weber, almost all are faster than Markov has been in the past couple of years.

I'm not sure how that translates into effectiveness but it's not all doom and gloom.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
- 2018 is a deep draft and we have 3 top 100 picks (4 if Sergachev plays 40 games). Our 1st round pick might be another top 10 pick

- We can trade Pleky for a 1st or 2nd at the trade deadline and not have to worry about impact to the playoffs ;)

- We found out that Mete is a top 4 NHL defenseman

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Because I'm positive things are negative.

I know, I've been reading your in-game comments. You even used "Shawful" in one of them. I guess you're looking to redeem yourself. ;)

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I think that Bergevin has a big enough ego that he doesn't want his legacy to be the guy who traded the first overall pick for Brock Nelson.

In that sense, I feel there's at least a minimal safeguard for our future.

He might debate the deal for a few minutes, rather than the nanosecond time lapse it took to send Subban away.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I think that Bergevin has a big enough ego that he doesn't want his legacy to be the guy who traded the first overall pick for Brock Nelson.

In that sense, I feel there's at least a minimal safeguard for our future.

He might debate the deal for a few minutes, rather than the nanosecond time lapse it took to send Subban away.

I also think Molson knows there'd be riots if he did and wouldn't let the deal go through. Remember owners say "I have full trust in my team" weeks before they can everyone lol. Chelsea's (soccer) board said they had full faith in Mourinho and fired him within a week lol.

ChikN

Sep 1, 2010
Montréal
Please keep Chucky and Drouin together for 20+ games at least and let them develop some complicity. If they do that + skilled little Mete I'll be a little more optimistic. Just for ONCE cater to the younger players and give them a pass in a sucky season. Getting tired of supposed defensive prowess, two way play and character slogans.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
This year I believe the goal production will be higher.
1 lign
Patch=patch
Gally+5
Galchy+10
2lign
Drouin outproduce radu +15
Danault +10
Lekhonen+10
3rd
Plekky+5
Hemsky 40 pts if healthy
Shaws +5
4th
And the 4 line with byron michell and someone like hudon, mcarron or dlr will have a better production then last year edition.

Def will have a similar production but forward will assume more of the global production.

Someone will be 1c (drouin or galchy) and first two centers will get around 110 points.

We may have 3 guys in the top 60 of the nhl : drouin, galchy, patch.

With emelin and beaulien gone, def will be solidified and we will allow less goals.

Basiccaly i think hab will be better this year even if we lost radu & the good old Markov.

Hope to have a deeper run in the playoff this time. The some of the top core players have a lot to prove. That s my only concern.

Hemsky ouproduce flynn
Mitchell=

Yep!
That's about right!

Reactions: Habs178

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
It is sunny and warm here in Hong Kong! Beach time tomorrow!

Positivity thread doesn't necessarily need to be about the Habs. But while we are talking about the Habs; this may be the wish a lot of us were waiting for, some spring cleaning in the fall.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
- The team is playing bad despite having no significant injuries.
- There isn't much to look forward to in the prospect pool.

I couldn't think of anything positive to write, so went with 2 negatives instead.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Im still thinking this team will come around...........We actually have been playing some exciting hockey with crappy unlucky bounces going the wrong way...........We also have a crappy first 8 game schedule with 6 of those on the road ending out west. Drouin is our best offensive player which is great and the others including Pacioretty will start to put the puck in the net. Carey is only going to get better he has to hes just too good to continue his slow pace. We will be alright hopefully squeaking into the playoffs and taking the Leafs out in the first round.

Reactions: llamateizer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad